• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Keep playing with your level 30 friends until you reach level 30. As soon as you hit level 30 straight to ranked solo q.

You'll thank me later.

Thanks guys for all the feedback.

Bear in mind that Newt is quite possibly trolling you here. Going straight into ranked after getting to level 30 means you will very possibly place into bronze and have a bad time. Feel free to play normal draft if you want the pick/ban style, until you're comfortable with a few different champions and roles.

I mean, some people might not mind placing into bronze, but the competition there is unlikely to teach you very much.

Newt

I and a silver-ranked group of friends have been playing with this dude since he first began playing league. He gets dumpstered most of the time (there's still a lot to learn) but he's getting the hang of things a lot quicker than we did.
I remembered when I first started playing league. Dimb and Kayos weren't happy in the least :lol.

Bear in mind that Newt is quite possibly trolling you here. Going straight into ranked after getting to level 30 means you will very possibly place into bronze and have a bad time. Feel free to play normal draft if you want the pick/ban style, until you're comfortable with a few different champions and roles.

I mean, some people might not mind placing into bronze, but the competition there is unlikely to teach you very much.
I am aware that newt is like that.

Jeff-DSA

The moment I hit level 30 I queued up for ranked and started my placement matches. I placed silver 3, which was fine by me. Struggles came soon after, yes, but I managed to hit gold by the end of the season. I went from never having played a MOBA to gold in my first season. I don't think people need to log tons of games into normals first.

garath

I played about 150 normal draft games after hitting 30 before jumping into ranked. Placed Silver II and haven't been lower.

edit: I think Volibear is going to be a thing after this cindercoat item is released. Holy crap.

Tizoc

I hate jungling against a Lee, especially when I'm naut =/
I played about 150 normal draft games after hitting 30 before jumping into ranked. Placed Silver II and haven't been lower.

edit: I think Volibear is going to be a thing after this cindercoat item is released. Holy crap.

Hmm maybe I should try Jungle Voli for this next game...

sej has cc, tankiness and damage. the only thing that really held her back was the incredible dominance of jarvan and lee sin, both of whom could just walk into your jungle during your clear and ravage your butthole.

Jeff-DSA

So new rule...dodge if you have a teammate with a pot reference in their name. I went 6-3 in ranked over the weekend and looking back, in my 3 losses, I had a JsBlazIN, a Juzt Blaze, and a Links Stoner Bro in the losses. In the 6 wins, no pot reference teammates.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Being able to stun someone for a second when they already got to their target isn't peel.

Yes it is. When no one else is peeling for your (fed) carry and your team is behind it falls upon the support to peel whenever possible. Always diving squishies in the back line is a novice mindset.

Obviously, you would try to use your ult stun as many people as possible depending on the situation. Ideally you never want to be in a situation where you're forced to peel instead of diving but when you're behind you need your ADC to catch up.

drawkcaB

He'll be good, I agree. I am just sitting here patiently waiting for the time of Skarner to come forward.

It's already here. Just rush TF. But for the sake of argument, Cinderhulk does feel nice on Skarner for clears, but given the opportunity rushing TF is still better if you're ahead.

Cinderhulk will definitely help Volibear, but he'll still be a bit behind the curve. He's going to need a little something more, likely on his E (longer fear duration vs. creeps and monsters?) so that his laning doesn't improve much. CDR on Bite when using it against monsters will be nice for objective control and just for having it up in general when you need it. Maokai (whose clear and sustain I underestimated, it's actually quite good) should also see a bump in the jungle.

I believe 100% that the Nautilus mini-rework will put him up there with Sejuani, and that's before taking into account Cinderhulk.

Negaduck

Cindercoat will be interesting as sunfire is my first item on voli every game after tier one jungle.

Accidently bought the purple jungle knife but ended up being amazing against zac.

Just waited till his slimes were close and smited him for the kill. Very very satisfying

Tizoc

Cindercoat will be interesting as sunfire is my first item on voli every game after tier one jungle.

Accidently bought the purple jungle knife but ended up being amazing against zac.

Just waited till his slimes were close and smited him for the kill. Very very satisfying

I never build Sunfire, but once Cinderhulk is available I'll finally become the fire bear I always wanted to be.

Negaduck

Its actually amazing as a first item on him mainly because it helps his bite damage go up so much and the def and aoe helps.

It's a first buy for me every game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I like Voli but I feel his kit will forever keep him out of the high-level meta (though I love him down in silver land). He's an auto attack-based champion that has to be on top of someone to do real damage, all without a significant gap closer. He's basically Udyr.

garath

I like Voli but I feel his kit will forever keep him out of the high-level meta (though I love him down in silver land). He's an auto attack-based champion that has to be on top of someone to do real damage, all without a significant gap closer. He's basically Udyr.

Isn't there an item on PBE that gives movespeed toward an enemy now? He was gap closing quite well just on sheer movespeed.

Negaduck

The slow on his roar is good enough to get the flip 99 percent of the time or at the very least force the flash.

The key to ganking (I'm sure everyone here knows) is that if you gank the lane cut off the oppenent by running diagonally toward them rather that straight out.

If you gank top or bottom and they run along the brush (hug the wall) head towards where the brush ends instead of to where they are at so you cut them off and catch them.

drawkcaB

it seems to me like volibear would want a randuins first. charge in, get the active slow to stick.

Isn't there an item on PBE that gives movespeed toward an enemy now? He was gap closing quite well just on sheer movespeed.

Righteous glory. It's in the game right now and it's getting buffed on PBE if that's what you mean. After Righteous Glory's teamwide move speed ends it produces a PBAoE slow as well, though not as good as Randuin's.

There's more to this game than closing gaps. Volibear is strong duelist and counterjungler, is a good aura carrier, has potent peel once he picks up some CDR and while his lead initiation is, well, bad, his follow-up initiation when paired with the likes of a Leona support or Sion top for instance is quite good. All that and he deals more damage than he's given credit for even when building full tank (although players can pick up Wit's End or BotRK on him when they can, good damage items on him).

If there's a real knock on Volibear it isn't that he's easy to kite or whatever (even though it's true) it's that you can't reliably blind first pick him. He needs his weaknesses covered by the picks by either side. That means if you're a mid/support/ADC main looking for a single top or jungler that can be a catch-all if you don't get your preferred role(s) you're going to have a rough go at it with Volibear. Good, fun to use bruiser when you have the depth in your champ pool necessary to pick him at the right times.

Udyr is underrated, just thought I'd throw that out there while we're at it.

Tizoc

I hate Panth's passive, if it's not his E passive it's a free frikkin' block. Can't help but want that shit changed.

For that matter eff' Lee Shit :V

Edwardo

wtf happened i can't see avatars anymore.

Hmm, I can see em on my phone, but not on my computer.

Rewards to parties!

We all know playing with friends makes for a more friendly League, so we’re sweetening the pot for teaming up. For the next two weeks, queue up with friends both new and old to rack up IP with Party Rewards. The new system awards bonus multipliers based on the size of your premade party. In this trial period, we’ll look to see if features like this one can give you more opportunities to crack nexii with friends and make for positive games.

Here’s how it works:

Enter any matchmade queue with a premade party and the entire group earns a chance at multiplying the standard IP reward. Party Rewards work a lot like normal IP rewards--there’re different scales depending on the queue. For example, Summoner’s Rift queues award more IP than Twisted Treeline or Howling Abyss queues. There is a chance your group earns no Party Reward, but larger premade groups win higher tiers of IP rewards. Some lucky players will even earn rare, massive IP prizes. If you queue alone, you won’t be eligible for Party Rewards.

This table details the maximum multipliers for Party Rewards:

Party of one - N/A
Party of two - 4x IP
Party of three - 6x IP
Party of four - 8x IP
Full team - 16x IP

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/team-and-earn-party-rewards

drawkcaB

...but I don't pay with anyone because none of my friends play League. Why does Riot have to rub salt in the wounds of my heart?

zkylon

zkylewd
it's kinda crazy how often kotaku posts about league. just from today: http://kotaku.com/so-thats-how-league-of-legends-bard-got-his-meep-minion-1688963755, http://kotaku.com/an-embarrassing-way-to-lose-in-league-of-legends-1688925158, http://kotaku.com/league-of-legends-fighter-champion-garen-in-a-nutshell-1688866142

i'm too used to rps only talking about doto i guess, but i feel like league is a game that's kind of unrecognized in the gaming world at large, so it's weird to see it pop up so often on a real videogames site

Hmm, I can see em on my phone, but not on my computer.

Rewards to parties!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/team-and-earn-party-rewards

hope this is available in argie server too. all i do is play with 3+ premades so every now and then winning some extra ip is nice. i wonder what the win chance is, and what the win chance for every multiplier is. also i wonder if the whole party gets the extra ip or it's just calculated for each player

i want some extra ip cos i want to buy bard but i also want to buy talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom