• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Does team builder work for the Gangplank skin? Is there Riot confirmation co-op vs. AI works for it too? That seems almost too good to be true.

Bacon

Does team builder work for the Gangplank skin? Is there Riot confirmation co-op vs. AI works for it too? That seems almost too good to be true.

It's still impossible to play him atm. People immediately lock him in in coop vs ai and good luck getting him in teambuilder

Riots heads are so far up their asses that they're on another continent.

There are other things we've chosen to prioritize over sandbox mode because we think those will have a larger impact on a larger playerbase. From your feedback, maybe that's not the case and it's worth having another conversation. But right now, it's not on the list.

"Yeah but here's this ugly new HUD that everyone bitched about! And the impact is minimal since it's not really important and our previous HUD conveyed the needed information anyways."

The other thing we wanted to do was make it firm. This was where I really screwed up. To me, replays have been an ongoing conversation for a while, and I've argued that it's because we haven't taken a firm stance on it. Re-prioritizing and shifting takes months at a time when you want to work at scale, so it was a conversation I wanted to put to rest (even if it meant getting punched) and then we could re-surface it if we realized it didn't philosophically align with our future goals.

"We have trouble aligning our goals so instead of telling everyone to focus, we're going to say that the conversation is over until future notice."

Both of these things made this statement far more 'firm' than it really needed to be, and it was because we were going for an end result "no sandbox for now" rather than actually engaging on the topic. Talking about sandbox mode and its incredible potential for unlocking higher levels of pro play is important to acknowledge, but I think where we got quagmired was this:

An idea can be good and compelling for a group of players, but it can also not be a priority.

"We tried telling you to shut up about replays and sandbox but that kinda backfired. So now I'm just going to come out and say that we're just not going to work on it, atleast not in the forseeable next few years."

That requires you to talk about why you're doing all of these things and not this thing, but we didn't want to come out defensive and now we're... probably in a worse position. We chose our firmest stance and said "okay this is why we're not doing it" when really we should have just said "we aren't doing this because we have these other things that are very important to the longevity of League and its foundational structure. We still think it's a good idea." Totally our bad and something to learn from. Your feedback makes it a bigger thing that probably helps in conversations, so that's good.

"Listen we're in a bad spot right now. We really wanna make cool skins to sell you, to you know help out this structure of our spaghetti. We might come back to it in the future, and your feedback only feeds our hate boners against the sandbox and a replay system. "

Pwyff managed to make such a long and bad post that really doesn't help his position. Hilarious.

honestly that's even more insulting

no no really basic features everyone else has aren't good trust us

we really talked about it a lot

also I'm not a programmer or anything but honestly building the game from the ground up can't be that hard, you have a bajillion coders now (hopefully talented enough to make a game... because they're in games), custom games making fucking anime mobas took like a week to make and are honestly more complicated, you've had literally years knowing this was going to eventually be a problem, you don't even have to balance anything or come up with numbers that's done just copy paste that shit in

make it in unity or some shit and throw it in a limited beta

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Someone edit that Ubisoft keeps digging gif with Riot instead.

23qwerty

"Yeah but here's this ugly new HUD that everyone bitched about! And the impact is minimal since it's not really important and our previous HUD conveyed the needed information anyways."

Ugly? I don't think many people were saying it's ugly, it looks wonderful. It's just where they put it that was super questionable, which has mostly been fixed with the new patch.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So yesterday was my first day as a writer at Riot Games.

It's been an incredibly exciting process joining the company. Won't go into too much details on what I'm doing, but it's a project I'm incredibly excited about and one that fits me as a writer and League player. I'm sure you guys will see it when it hits.

I'm bad at being sentimental but I wanted to thank you guys for making me feel welcome (most of the time) in this community. It's been awesome interacting with you folks and helping to write the last few threads.

You guys are going to need to find someone to help Dobe with the next thread!

For obvious reasons I probably won't be posting in this thread much if at all, but I'll be reading.

You can always hit me up on Twitter or in-game (Rango Knife Cat) on EU West if you want to play.

\o/

Congrats bro! I hope your job is as fulfilling as it can be. It can really change your life in many ways =)

drawkcaB

They buffed him with the itemization pass but no one remembers Brand fucking exists

Every Brand I've played with going back about 9 months now has beat the snot out of the opposing team.

And that Tahm Kench buff is disgusting, love it.

Not going to complain but why buff Volibear?

Ambition

Someone edit that Ubisoft keeps digging gif with Riot instead.

ezgif_1925737278.gif

drawkcaB

Dead Man's Plate from BMB is coming to SR, so the assumption that lots of people made that the mode was a testing ground for new stuff is likely correct. It'll be neat to see what else comes out of it.

Bacon

Every Brand I've played with going back about 9 months now has beat the snot out of the opposing team.

Not going to complain but why buff Volibear?

I'm surprised Brand doesn't seem to get more play. He's got crazy damage even from the support position.

Blizzard

Banned

Do you mean his shield no longer decaying? It means he will be even harder to kill, but was that ever the problem with Tahm Kench? I thought the problem was there was very little REASON to try to kill him until everyone else is dead.

patchday

I'm at the International

I met the one artist that works on Dota

the one artist

one

artist

the current team is less than 30

like wtf is not adding a sandbox and telling everyone to go play real modes

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

you can't just dump someone in a local server with nothing on the map with some dev cheats?

how on earth are you that inefficient with your workforce?

and not doing it at all? not even like a hey we want to do this in the future?

how the fuck are you ever expected to improve your jungling especially with how important timings are without just shitting up tons of games

also congrats costy! <3

I'll still invite you to dotes with me all the time tho

made a fool out of myself with Elise at least in 2 different games by dying to mobs. Didn't get much respect from team for those stunts

Man is it hard getting a role besides support. Everyone calls Top, Jungle, mid like lighting fast yo. Starting to miss how HOTS handled the queue whereas you just pick the dude you wanna play and thats it. It matches you into a team.

Okay rant over I love this game yo

oh crap- 5 losses in a row. Starting to wonder when will I ever win again. Gonna tryout some ARAM and take a break from SR

Bacon

Don't insult Swain by comparing him to Brand.

I mean, sure there are differences, but they have some similarities like lack of escape and high damage to compensate. I was just trying to get under your feathers anyway.

Had a really embarrassing game tonight where I was thresh and went against a Blitz/Ashe botlane where Ashe was the support and blitz rushed triforce. We got absolutely annihilated in lane. Seemed like they were smurfs because they were just fucking around and styling on our asses. Blitz landed every hook and just deleted jinx immediately. It was a rough one.

drawkcaB

That's the pocket Sion ult right?

Ummm, yes? Not sure, I don't play BMB when it was out, actually. It's the one that gives stacking movement speed and you can expend the stacks to deal damage with autos.

Do you mean his shield no longer decaying? It means he will be even harder to kill, but was that ever the problem with Tahm Kench? I thought the problem was there was very little REASON to try to kill him until everyone else is dead.

If people would stop doing stupid shit on Tahm like building RoA, etc. they'd see damage isn't his problem. Just build health. Foor for though: having a Giant's belt at level 6 effectively gives Tahm a BF swords worth of magic damage on his autos, and a Needlessly Large Rod's worth of AP for his Q and W. For 1000g.

While it's true that the shield won't make him any more of a threat in teamfights starting mid-game onwards, it's a huge change for his laning phase in both support and top. He's obnoxious enough to kill already bot lane when he devours a teammate to save them, now it's even worse (or better if you play Tahm). Ditto top. It's going to help his pre-6 survivability immensely and that's just what he needed because once he's there, he's a dangerous as any other top lane tank to fuck with, perhaps even more than most.

I'm surprised Brand doesn't seem to get more play. He's got crazy damage even from the support position.

Yep. Community has such a hard-on for whatever is being played in LCS don't know how much potential there is in all the other champions.

Ummm, yes? Not sure, I don't play BMB when it was out, actually. It's the one that gives stacking movement speed and you can expend the stacks to deal damage with autos.

If people would stop doing stupid shit on Tahm like building RoA, etc. they'd see damage isn't his problem. Just build health. Foor for though: having a Giant's belt at level 6 effectively gives Tahm a BF swords worth of magic damage on his autos, and a Needlessly Large Rod's worth of AP for his Q and W. For 1000g.

While it's true that the shield won't make him any more of a threat in teamfights starting mid-game onwards, it's a huge change for his laning phase in both support and top. He's obnoxious enough to kill already bot lane when he devours a teammate to save them, now it's even worse (or better if you play Tahm). Ditto top. It's going to help his pre-6 survivability immensely and that's just what he needed because once he's there, he's a dangerous as any other top lane tank to fuck with, perhaps even more than most.

Yep. Community has such a hard-on for whatever is being played in LCS don't know how much potential there is in all the other champions.
why don't streamers and shit just mess around with new stuff and show people what's up?

they should be looking for new things anyway just to innovate and come out ahead against predictable teams

why don't streamers and shit just mess around with new stuff and show people what's up?

they should be looking for new things anyway just to innovate and come out ahead against predictable teams

Even if they do they play it 'safe' in pro competitions because they're scared. Like, there's stories that when the pro teams scrim they go all out crazy on each other but play reserved otherwise.

Bacon

They need to do away with Bo1 in NA and EU LCS. It just makes for teams scared to do anything because every game carries so much weight

They need to do away with Bo1 in NA and EU LCS. It just makes for teams scared to do anything because every game carries so much weight
that sounds awful

like pocket strat heaven

no reaction can occur from one game to another

you'd never be able to get a actual gauge of team strength

zkylon

zkylewd
this rito pls thing really turned out to have like the worst possible effect lol

the idea is cool, everyone wanted more transparency or whatever, but i think wrapping stuff in excuses and openly admitting very important projects have been completely dropped isn't great, specially since it's not like they're actually saying what the cool stuff they're working on is

if they were like "ao shin you guise!" maybe, but without anything like that it just feels like we were better off not knowing lol

zkylon

zkylewd
sorry for the doublepost

ehh touhou, pass

um isn't the same true for regions like china and korea that have bo2/3?

that sounds awful

like pocket strat heaven

no reaction can occur from one game to another

you'd never be able to get a actual gauge of team strength
there's talks of going to a bo2 format

i kind of like bo3 better cos there always have to be a winner, but it's possible that's the direction lcs is gonna go next season

not likely, but possible

Blizzard

Banned
I must be missing something. How are you calculating that?

Giant's Belt = 380 HP, which means Tahm's autos gain (380 * 0.04) == 15.2 damage.

BF Sword = Tahm's autos gain 50 damage reduced by armor. If someone has 50 armor, that's still doing 30+ damage, double the Giant's Belt case. If someone has 100 armor it would still be more damage (25) in the BF Sword case.

Tahm has 20 bonus magic damage even without any HP from giant's belt, so I didn't include that in the math.

Blizzard

Banned
did you include runes and masteries
I just did the difference between buying a Giant's Belt and buying a B.F. Sword, all other things being the same. The price mentioned was 1000g (exactly the cost of a Giant's Belt) so other stats/runes/items/masteries shouldn't factor into it.

*edit* The math doesn't work for the Needlessly Large Rod Q and W mentioned, either. A Giant's Belt would give you a 15 magic damage boost for each, while a Needlessly Large Rod would give you a 36 and 42 magic damage boost respectively, over double in each case.

killatopak

Gold Member
So I was in my robotics class and I saw what breezy posted and decided to read them in my laptop. I didn't know there was a camera behind me and my prof showed me what I was doing on his phone and he made me walk out of the room.

Rito pls.

I just did the difference between buying a Giant's Belt and buying a B.F. Sword, all other things being the same. The price mentioned was 1000g (exactly the cost of a Giant's Belt) so other stats/runes/items/masteries shouldn't factor into it.

*edit* The math doesn't work for the Needlessly Large Rod Q and W mentioned, either. A Giant's Belt would give you a 15 magic damage boost for each, while a Needlessly Large Rod would give you a 36 and 42 magic damage boost respectively, over double in each case.

oh ok :X

if only there was some way you could test this blizzard

wouldn't want the expectation of grinding
it's called custom mode and farming! otherwise blizzard would feel obligated to spend hundreds of hours if there was a sandbox mode!

Yuck...Great ranked game back-and-forth. 40 minutes. Then we lose all because of me (I feel). Fucking depressing. I went in for just a stupid I-don't-know-what as Blitz. No biggie, except my whole team for some reason follows me in seconds after. They should've recognized what I did was stupid and left me to die, but you have to appreciate team loyalty. Bah. I'm an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom