• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Tahm has 20 bonus magic damage even without any HP from giant's belt, so I didn't include that in the math.

The math doesn't work for the Needlessly Large Rod Q and W mentioned, either. A Giant's Belt would give you a 15 magic damage boost for each, while a Needlessly Large Rod would give you a 36 and 42 magic damage boost respectively, over double in each case.

I miswrote, I didn't mean to imply that Giant's belt by itself gives him +40 damage on AAs, etc. but rather than buying one makes his brings his total bonus damage to that level. I definitely see the confusion going by my text, my bad.

My general point still stands, that investing in health with Tahm is tremendously cost effective.

patchday

omg, someone on my team claims hes gonna run Garen mid. Another loss incoming I can feel it :(

And I already dodged out of a lobby earlier. dont want to dodge again hehe

Blizzard

Banned
I miswrote, I didn't mean to imply that Giant's belt by itself gives him +40 damage on AAs, etc. but rather than buying one makes his brings his total bonus damage to that level. I definitely see the confusion going by my text, my bad.

My general point still stands, that investing in health with Tahm is tremendously cost effective.
That's fair enough, and maybe you can use W and Q (even with the 90 mana W cost) to poke some early game, but the damage thing I was thinking about was for teamfights.

Maybe a full / nearly full HP build Tahm does enough damage that a team will have to peel him, but otherwise I feel like he can sort of be ignored. I guess we'll see.

drawkcaB

why don't streamers and shit just mess around with new stuff and show people what's up?

Lots do. Quas just played a shit ton of Tahm and tried all sorts of stuff on him (for the record he thinks Tahm is awful). It just depends on the streamer.

Even if they do they play it 'safe' in pro competitions because they're scared. Like, there's stories that when the pro teams scrim they go all out crazy on each other but play reserved otherwise.

It might not be to the same extent, but pro players suffer the same sort of pressures every player does trying to go against the grain, even when they know a particular champion is good.

Just as an example, I remember in January watching a replay of Dyrus vs. Hecarim top. Dyrus went on and on about how much of a bully Hecarim top is, how much damage he outputs, his roaming potential, etc. all these benefits. And he spoke from experience as well, it wasn't his first time facing Hecarim. I don't know if he tried him, but he never brought him out in an official match. It took several more months before Hecarim saw pro play and he exploded, like every single pro knew what was up but they all waited for someone else to have the balls to pull him out in a competitive match.

That's fair enough, and maybe you can use W and Q (even with the 90 mana W cost) to poke some early game, but the damage thing I was thinking about was for teamfights.

Maybe a full / nearly full HP build Tahm does enough damage that a team will have to peel him, but otherwise I feel like he can sort of be ignored. I guess we'll see.

Players I see with good success on Tahm do things lots of other players don't. More liberal use of the AoE portion of W levels 1-3, greater frequency of using the fishy proc to stun instead of devour (which I've noticed seems to have a higher success rate for ganks), using the ult as clean-up tool come late game...By himself he's actually moderately threatening (his damage as top and support but him in the rough ballpark of comparable champions, role wise) despite perceptions. But it's when he's with others that he shines, Devour+Righteous Glory to deliver a fed Irelia, Nasus, etc. right into the opposing team (think of this combo with Sterak's =) ) than backing off to peel for the carries is very dangerous.

I'm probably blinded by how much I love his visuals and general style, but I think the way the kit comes together is fantastic, just a matter of getting the numbers right.

Blizzard

Banned
Players I see with good success on Tahm do things lots of other players don't. More liberal use of the AoE portion of W levels 1-3, greater frequency of using the fishy proc to stun instead of devour (which I've noticed seems to have a higher success rate for ganks), using the ult as clean-up tool come late game...By himself he's actually moderately threatening (his damage as top and support but him in the rough ballpark of comparable champions, role wise) despite perceptions. But it's when he's with others that he shines, Devour+Righteous Glory to deliver a fed Irelia, Nasus, etc. right into the opposing team (think of this combo with Sterak's =) ) than backing off to peel for the carries is very dangerous.

I'm probably blinded by how much I love his visuals and general style, but I think the way the kit comes together is fantastic, just a matter of getting the numbers right.
Are there any particular players / streamers that you've seen have good success with him?

I'm last pick in Ranked game.

Me: Hey, I prefer mid or support. I can jungle too. ADC if I have to. God awful at top.
-Team leaves me Top-
Fast Forward 30 minutes
Team: Kayle Sucks! Report! REPORT! -FOAMING AT MOUTH ANGER-
Me: . . . .

omg, someone on my team claims hes gonna run Garen mid. Another loss incoming I can feel it :(

And I already dodged out of a lobby earlier. dont want to dodge again hehe
Surely it's an idea so silly it'll work miracles. I have faith.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
bring the lulu avatar back pls
Which one?
eo01NGQ.jpg
?

drawkcaB

Are there any particular players / streamers that you've seen have good success with him?

Not any specific player unfortunately. Quas played him a ton if you want to hunt down his saved twitch streams. Quas doesn't much care for him even though he won something like ~65% of his games. I personally used leagueofgraphs to download Tahm replays from various Diamond+ players and just notice that trends pop up in games. This one game I viewed had Tahm rush a Frozen Mallet. It's hard to really figure out how much it was the item vs. the player since he was winning already, but that Tahm made Renekton's life a living hell.

Speaking of the devil, player my 2nd game as Tahm today, support again. 4/2/8, but still didn't feel confident in my play. There's times where I probably should have gone more aggressive during laning phase but it was outside my comfort zone. Had about ~8 or so key Devourer saves. A real good one happened when our Amumu tower dived for help us net a double kill bot. And ended tanking the shot that would have killed him. Really nice example of the cool stuff Tahm can do. Had another moment where I used my ult to cut off a retreat, ended up securing three kills for the ace.

Still need to put more time in, and after a few more games I gotta bring him top since I'm more interested in Tahm top than support.

zkylon

zkylewd
phew just had the most exhausting ranked teams game

playing viky vs xerath is not much fun but made up for it by one shotting lucy every time he dashed forward from minute 30 onwards

our adc carried me and jungler stole baron

it was a 4k lead for them that we came back from but holy shit i'm exhausted after that

zkylon

zkylewd
soda u should open up a patreon

edit: apparently' dead man's plate is straight up coming to sr

i never used it so w/e for me but for ppl that didn't play bmb it's

2750g (chain vest + giant's belt + 1000g)
+600 health
+55 armor
UNIQUE – DREADNOUGHT: You build Momentum stacks while moving, up to 100, granting up to 60 bonus movement speed. Momentum rapidly decays while under immobilizing crowd control effects, and decays slowly while slowed.
UNIQUE – CRUSHING BLOW: Basic attacks discharge all Momentum, dealing 1 bonus physical damage for every 2 Momentum. If 100 stacks are discharged, the damage is doubled and, if you are a melee attacker, the target will also be slowed by 75% that decays over 1 second.

sounds like offensive version of randuins? makes sense since randuins is going more utility with the tank itemization changes

cool

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe I was lucky, but I got Gangplank in co-op vs. AI on the first try, and finished the game in under 16 minutes.

I only had 200 serpents though. Getting to 500 seems like it would be tough. I'll try it if I get a solo lane and CDR some time.

sounds like offensive version of randuins? makes sense since randuins is going more utility with the tank itemization changes

cool

BRUISER ITEM

jerd

Maybe I was lucky, but I got Gangplank in co-op vs. AI on the first try, and finished the game in under 16 minutes.

I only had 200 serpents though. Getting to 500 seems like it would be tough. I'll try it if I get a solo lane and CDR some time.

Dude in eu challenger series def got 2 upgrades in a reasonable amount of time and maybe got the 3rd one? Idk i didn't watch the whole game

Leezard

cool
Cool, it was a nice item in brawlers.
Drinking soda lulu was the best
It is for sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
i duno why i said offensive version of randuins, for some reason i thought i'd seen warden's mail in its build path

it's just a tanky bruiser item overall, nothing to do with randuins :p

also i feel like the build path might be a little annoying? 1000g for the upgrade is rough

i duno why i said offensive version of randuins, for some reason i thought i'd seen warden's mail in its build path

it's just a tanky bruiser item overall, nothing to do with randuins :p

also i feel like the build path might be a little annoying? 1000g for the upgrade is rough

for the bonuses it provides, 60 ms, up to 100 bonus damage and 75% slow with melee, 1000 gold is a bargain

Edit-Btw if youw ant an example of the aggression that Koreans can do, tune in to the LCK right now. Like, 25 minutes in it's already 14/7, and both teams aren't afraid to jump in and get into a fight.

Blizzard

Banned
Dude in eu challenger series def got 2 upgrades in a reasonable amount of time and maybe got the 3rd one? Idk i didn't watch the whole game
I got Gangplank the second bot game but someone dodged. I then got him the third game and got 500 serpents in I think under 20 minutes. I haven't gotten much past that though in almost 25 minutes.

And then Gnar just goes 1v4 and gets two kills and stops baron!

NA has no chance. They would've given away baron.

And apparently triforce Yasuo is a thing in Korea

jerd

I got Gangplank the second bot game but someone dodged. I then got him the third game and got 500 serpents in I think under 20 minutes. I haven't gotten much past that though in almost 25 minutes.

Yeah your first game probably ended right around the time you would have been one shotting waves and stuff. Plus with it being so short your lanimg phase was probably jacked

With the new yas changes the ranged triforce/shiv procs on 3rd q probably hurt

I love it! Despite Samsung being behind, they're not afraid and initiate again and again an keep wiping the enemy team, that they've closed the gap of about a 10k gold deficit.

This is how NA should be dammit.

um, i never said koreans weren't aggressive?

I never accused you of saying they weren't aggressive?

killatopak

Gold Member
Neko is a great Irelia player right? I would love some tips regarding her match ups with Rumble, Gnar and Maokai.

Pretty please.

Tizoc

The feel of winning 4v5, and the ensuing salt
8h9qXXZ.jpg

r7tiDJA.png

SHfuTl8.png

We chased them til Baron where lucian got a double kill but died, we managed to take out Lee. Rene was still alive with like 1/4 health left but he's tanky.
So he tries to steal baron but I ult his ass in the last second, we kill him, get baron and then top gets pushed. Lucian revives I help push mid and then we got the win.

I think you can play in AI too.

I played 2 games in AI and still no skin :/

TomShoe

Banned
I like the new YouTube gaming set up, especially the streamer. Everything feels more organized compared to the clutter that's often on Twitch. The chat isn't as good as Twitch's but whether that's a bad thing is up for interpretation.

killatopak

Gold Member
The feel of winning 4v5, and the ensuing salt
8h9qXXZ.jpg

r7tiDJA.png

SHfuTl8.png

We chased them til Baron where lucian got a double kill but died, we managed to take out Lee. Rene was still alive with like 1/4 health left but he's tanky.
So he tries to steal baron but I ult his ass in the last second, we kill him, get baron and then top gets pushed. Lucian revives I help push mid and then we got the win.

I played 2 games in AI and still no skin :/

You get the skin after aug 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom