• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, it's easy to see what they mean, the problem is that saying they're not gonna do anything doesn't any of the issues that ppl are asking a sandbox more for

like, i agree, it would suck if the game had sandbox mode as a barrier of entry, but it already kind of does

there's no way you can do an insec move on azir if you haven't practiced a bit in a less pressure environment

A sandbox mode is not a barrier of entry

Not having a sandbox and having to learn things over the course of a 40 minute match is a barrier of entry

All they're doing is trying to make it seem like we don't need a training mode because you don't need to train to get good at League

A sandbox mode is not a barrier of entry

Not having a sandbox and having to learn things over the course of a 40 minute match is a barrier of entry

All they're doing is trying to make it seem like we don't need a training mode because you don't need to train to get good at League

Sad thing is we shouldn't be surprised. Look how shitty their tutorial is. "No barrier of entries here guys! We don't want you to feel forced to do tutorial, you learn by playing!"

Well yes, that's true, but it's also a bullshit answer.

drawkcaB

Just come out and tell players the challenges in make that sort of mode, the effort involved, and then come out say that because of other projects there just isn't enough people available to work on the mode without severely impacting everything else in the company. Probably still bullshit but at least there's an echo of truth in there. I guess Riot knows what's best for us.

Had a multi-paragraph wall of text diatribe written out but I think I'll save it for another time.

We’ve been working on some improvements to competitive system that we want to roll out for the 2016 season. Front and center to these changes, however, is getting all of ranked play onto the teambuilder mode. You’ll be able to pick 2 positions - including ‘fill’ - to ensure you’re playing in the position you can contribute the most in. ‘Feed’ will probably not be an option, (sorry!).

Good news Newt, you can lock in AFK!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Holy fuck that sandbox explanation, riot wtf are you guys doing? One of the reasons Neko is so good on Irelia is because I see him play custom games against all bots and practice, practice, practice his mechanics and skills. Why deny a better practice mode out of some idiotic barrier of entry logic? Shit literally makes no sense whatsoever.

Damnit I wanted to link that but I was at work T_T.

zkylon

zkylewd
the dumb thing is they could've just gone "we don't feel like it's worth the time and resources investment" and it would've have made less ppl upset

the dumb thing is they could've just gone "we don't feel like it's worth the time and resources investment" and it would've have made less ppl upset

Thing is other than connecting it to a network, or making it available to your client only, they most likely have a working sandbox mode internally where they can do stuff like that.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Literally, all they have to do is add a mode with 100% cooldown reduction and 90% of people will stop bitching about this. That's like what? A few days coding at most?

I suck at irelia dude

I just suck less with her than with anyone else so I was able to climb

You shut your face!

(And carry me to the diamond promised land)

Pancakes

Also wtf are you stalking me pankaks. How many times do you try to spectate me that you notice how many bot games I do

No one on GAF plays a game of league without me spectating.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, you don't see people bitching about replays

Meanwhile we get psychobabble!
i mean, ppl bitch about replays, but that's because just like here riot was kind of dumb in how they present this stuff to ppl

if you just went like "sorry guise its not happening" people would still be mad because they don't get something they want (like ppl get upset when ahri gets a skin and yorick doesn't) but at least they wouldn't feel like insulted or whatever

Thing is other than connecting it to a network, or making it available to your client only, they most likely have a working sandbox mode internally where they can do stuff like that.
yeah but development tools are not a product. they can't just sort of release that and be done with it

there's obviously some costs in maintaining queues for that mode, making sure ppl don't melt their videocards off using a million lux ults at once or whatever, but it should be manageable

Literally, all they have to do is add a mode with 100% cooldown reduction and 90% of people will stop bitching about this. That's like what? A few days coding at most?
it's probably way more than that, specially if riot wants to keep the standards they've set for themselves

think about how complicated this game is and how many things could go wrong if you did those changes. all the crashes, weird interactions, bugs, whatever, imagine testing for all of that!

maybe at 100% cdr some spells plain don't work so what do you do, you fix all the spells for those cases?

then ppl will bitch about riot fixing sandbox instead of the jungle or whatever

it's obviously not something simple that they just raise the cdr cap or whatever, but it's also clearly not a "barrier of entry" issue either

The way dota does the sandbox mode is how I want it. Where you level up to how much you want, you can buy any items, you can spawn enemy champs, you can reset cooldowns. I hate not being able to test things, and work on specific plays. I don't get what rito wants to make sandbox like.

Arrage

Banned
Riot is going batshit insane with the recent "transparency" posts. I cannot express how disappointed I am in the latest justification for no sandbox mode, probably ever.

Does anyone in Neogaf believe that this is a legit justification for not implementing sandbox? Is Riot trolling people at this point while secretly developing the sandbox mode?

Pancakes

it's probably way more than that, specially if riot wants to keep the standards they've set for themselves

think about how complicated this game is and how many things could go wrong if you did those changes. all the crashes, weird interactions, bugs, whatever, imagine testing for all of that!

maybe at 100% cdr some spells plain don't work so what do you do, you fix all the spells for those cases?

it's obviously not something simple that they just raise the cdr cap or whatever, but it's also clearly not a "barrier of entry" issue either

If only we had a beta environment of some sort. Maybe a public one where people could test these sorts of things out hmm.

Seriously though maybe not 100% since people are on toasters or w/e but a global cooldown of 5 seconds on everything or just do what DOTA2 does. A multi-billion dollar company should not be this incompetent...

Riot is going batshit insane with the recent "transparency" posts. I cannot express how disappointed I am in the latest justification for no sandbox mode, probably ever.

Does anyone in Neogaf believe that this is a legit justification for not implementing sandbox? Is Riot trolling people at this point while secretly developing the sandbox mode?

They seriously stoked the flames by engaging the community hooo boy.

Neko shuns the waifu alliance but in the end he's the most dedicated of us all

So kuudere

Probably has an Irelia wallpaper and matching body pillow to boot as well.
lmmLVRO.png

Bacon

Man that is the most bs "we know what's best for you" response ive ever read. Looks like something bungie would say regarding destiny

clemenx

Banned
This will probably weird to post on a site like Neogaf but I have to say I give absolutely no shit at all about anything Riot was talking about in that post as is the case with the majority of the stuff that people go "Rito plz" about in Reddit or other hardcore sites.

I'm super casual about playing the game. I just fire up the game for 2-3 games a day and for me it's mindless fun everytime. I welcome every champ rework with open arms just because new stuff it's exciting to try and I'm not invested enough in any champion to be mad if they end up being shit.

I've been happy about this game since I started playing it and unless Riot does something that fundamentally changes the structure of the game I won't stop playing. I post this because I imagine that the majority of the millions that play the game are the same way I am but people from hardcore communities think that they're the only ones playing or the only opinion that matters... tbh I wish Riot didn't even adress most of the Reddit stuff.

"Standards"

Fiora disabled as soon as her rework goes out

"Standards"

A recall bug that's permeated in the game for years only fixed when it becomes popular

"Standards"

Zed glitching out so bad that he's killing minions right as they spawn

"Standards"

I'm sure Riot has standards. I'm also sure that these standards are extremely low bars.

They already released URF mode so saying that spells may bug out with no CDR is uhm...wrong?

Pancakes

I don't think anyone stops playing the game because it doesn't have a sandbox mode or anything. The overall game itself is still fantastic and great to play with friends and randoms alike but it could be better if Riot added a few things.You're right that most people don't really give a shit about anything but the game and I think many of us are the same way even if we like to complain about certain features and changes.

We're still gonna play the game whether or not riot adds replays, sandbox, new clients, and whatever else we want. But these things would be nice to have and are worth bitching about every now and again.

zkylon

zkylewd
If only we had a beta environment of some sort. Maybe a public one where people could test these sorts of things out hmm.
pbe is not really a great place to get that kind of feedback since the ppl have limited tools to rely their bugs and problems and also most of the people there are just testing out skins and shit

riot pretty heavily invest into upgrading their internal qa tho (i bet they're already pretty deep into doing this)

Seriously though maybe not 100% since people are on toasters or w/e but a global cooldown of 5 seconds on everything or just do what DOTA2 does. A multi-billion dollar company should not be this incompetent...
yeah i dunno how doto does it (didnt even know they had sandbox mode) but yeah, this thing overall is a mess

personally i would really appreciate a sandbox mode since i like to try out builds and combos and practice csing in customs

"Standards"

Fiora disabled as soon as her rework goes out

"Standards"

A recall bug that's permeated in the game for years only fixed when it becomes popular

"Standards"

Zed glitching out so bad that he's killing minions right as they spawn

"Standards"

I'm sure Riot has standards. I'm also sure that these standards are extremely low bars.

They already released URF mode so saying that spells may bug out with no CDR is uhm...wrong?
80% is not 100%

pls get educated about game development

Fracas

#fuckonami
I like playing League of Legends but I'm continually disappointed with what Riot's done feature-wise, especially after reading some of their processes.

Jeff-DSA

I guess my return to League will be delayed by having to go into permanent hiding. Once I find a bunker that has WiFi, I'm back.

drawkcaB

Assuming everything turns out fine, I want to thank you for following corporate marketing and getting threatened Jeff. That thread was one of the more enjoyable on Off-Topic in the last month.

After spectating the pure fuckery in your League matches I'm not shocked this happened to you. Could you start an online journal of your life, please?

Nekofrog

Banned
zkylon is a walking pervert punchline

ghost is a walking roid rage punchline

newt is a walking d5p1 punchline

im a walking one trick pony punchline

pankaks is just stupid and everyone hates him

I'd love for a Korean team to come out after Worlds and say "Oh, the reason we got so good at the super late game was because we had our trainees/substitutes get up one hour before our main team and set up practice scenarios at the 60 minute mark every day for our real team to sit down with after breakfast".

Pancakes

zkylon is a walking pervert punchline

ghost is a walking roid rage punchline

newt is a walking d5p1 punchline

im a walking one trick pony punchline

pankaks is just stupid and everyone hates him

I'm the most smartiest and most beloved poster u green faced turd.

Also:

6YN4pFz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom