• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm not sure this ever was a league thread.

zkylon

zkylewd
yayifications!

5832e9449614b44224ad054e2c5e1e58-d94966t.png
701d9fdca4df211257fe0a8ba75919bb-d9499r3.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wait. Without Rito Costy and Doge who will make the new thread?

Pancakes

Liquid MarkZ dropping bombs

Oh hey should probably remove VODS of pro-play, guides and sites of builds too. Don't want fast improvent by studying instead of playing

Fracas

#fuckonami
The whole barrier to entry thing doesn't make sense to me.

Like I would have totally loved that when I started. I hated doing regular games with randoms because people were jerks. I ended up learning most champs through aram where it was more relaxed. A mode where I could learn at my own pace without any pressure would have been amazing. I'd use it a ton now. So much better than dumpstering bots.

Bacon

Pros are understandably upset. I'm sure it would be an extremely valuable tool for them to practice specific situations without having to go through an entire match to set it up. They probably stand to benefit the most from a sandbox mode and riot's little blog there was basically just a big middle finger to them.

patchday

So yesterday was my first day as a writer at Riot Games.

It's been an incredibly exciting process joining the company. Won't go into too much details on what I'm doing, but it's a project I'm incredibly excited about and one that fits me as a writer and League player. I'm sure you guys will see it when it hits.

I'm bad at being sentimental but I wanted to thank you guys for making me feel welcome (most of the time) in this community. It's been awesome interacting with you folks and helping to write the last few threads.

You guys are going to need to find someone to help Dobe with the next thread!

For obvious reasons I probably won't be posting in this thread much if at all, but I'll be reading.

You can always hit me up on Twitter or in-game (Rango Knife Cat) on EU West if you want to play.

\o/

you better make an alt account and just pretend to be a fan. I'm sure that's your plan so see you around

The whole barrier to entry thing doesn't make sense to me.

Like I would have totally loved that when I started. I hated doing regular games with randoms because people were jerks. I ended up learning most champs through aram where it was more relaxed. A mode where I could learn at my own pace without any pressure would have been amazing. I'd use it a ton now. So much better than dumpstering bots.

And it's a bit fallacious.

There is already a huge barrier to entry and burden of knowledge requirement for competitive league.

zkylon

zkylewd
so um, viktor passive got absolutely destroyed?

a quick look at it makes me think anything past upgrade 1 is worthless since losing the flat ap gains is just too big of a drop in powerspike when you could be getting around like 40 ap and consumables for the same money. and upgrade 1 is just worth it because the e upgrade is just so necessary for his waveclear

tbh i don't think this is necessarily a terrible nerf tho i think i would've rather they just reduced the scaling on his e so you're still got a reason to get those two other upgrades, but this just feels like upgrade 1 -> morellos -> deathcap everygame

will have to see, the q upgrade is nice but it's not that nice, i think i'd rather put that money into a nlr or just get a blasting wand and consumables

also velkoz buffs to see if he can beat elise in winrate lol

if you can write at least at a 6 year old's costy's level you're hired

Uhh...uhhh...uhhhh....it's too much pressure @_@

so um, viktor passive got absolutely destroyed?

a quick look at it makes me think anything past upgrade 1 is worthless since losing the flat ap gains is just too big of a drop in powerspike when you could be getting around like 40 ap and consumables for the same money. and upgrade 1 is just worth it because the e upgrade is just so necessary for his waveclear

tbh i don't think this is necessarily a terrible nerf tho i think i would've rather they just reduced the scaling on his e so you're still got a reason to get those two other upgrades, but this just feels like upgrade 1 -> morellos -> deathcap everygame

will have to see, the q upgrade is nice but it's not that nice, i think i'd rather put that money into a nlr or just get a blasting wand and consumables
Apparently it's a late game buff since he gets 180 AP instead of 168 AP, but he does loot alotta flat AP/Mana.

Good. One of Viktors biggest advantages right now is not needing to have to buy any form of mana regen if he doesn't want to because of how stupid his passive is

zkylon

zkylewd
Apparently it's a late game buff since he gets 180 AP instead of 168 AP, but he does loot alotta flat AP/Mana.
i mean, it's just rounding out the numbers more than anything, it's a nerf until level 17 in which he evens out and then a tiny ap buff at lvl 18

upgrading viktor's passive was extremely efficient as it gave you both damage, utility and mana, so it's a fair nerf

i'm just afraid this'll make upgrading his passive bad enough that ppl will rather just built straight ap, which i guess isn't awful but takes away some of his identity for sure

Also why the fuck does Riot keep using wrong mirrored versions of shared splash arts? Blitz's hook is in his right hand you fucks, you ruined Corsair Quinn's splash with this shit

I'm at the International

I met the one artist that works on Dota

the one artist

one

artist

the current team is less than 30

like wtf is not adding a sandbox and telling everyone to go play real modes

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

you can't just dump someone in a local server with nothing on the map with some dev cheats?

how on earth are you that inefficient with your workforce?

and not doing it at all? not even like a hey we want to do this in the future?

how the fuck are you ever expected to improve your jungling especially with how important timings are without just shitting up tons of games

also congrats costy! <3

I'll still invite you to dotes with me all the time tho

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm at the International

I met the one artist that works on Dota

the one artist

one

artist
no wonder doto looks like shit

the current team is less than 30
what about the like 150 ppl working on source?

like wtf is not adding a sandbox and telling everyone to go play real modes

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard
it is

I'll still invite you to dotes with me all the time tho

yea lol stop inviting me

i cant even run doto

Only reason why viktors strong is because akl his lane counters are shit now

Buff zed pls
zed's getting buffs in 5.16

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I honestly can't believe they'd come out with that stance on sandbox mode. It just makes them look like idiots. Who equates a Sandbox with grinding? The people who want to use it will and everyone else will ignore it. No one would ever feel the need to go into it if they didn't want to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom