• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
People still play LoL? Get with the times and play Doto or HoTS nerds.

I'm waiting for new servers rito pls save me from 140ms ping

tumblr_nbepdai5h51sal0l5o1_400.gif

23qwerty

You're not fucking over anybody though lol

You're centralizing as you should be. Just because it's always been this way doesn't mean it's right or smart

If there is going to be a single server to cater to the greatest player base it should be on the east coast if anything. The idea that anyone is getting fucked over by normalizing ping is absolutely fucking ridiculous

people in chicago dont deserve good ping tho

Nekofrog

Banned
so apparently if you're a support who doesn't auto attack a lot, you can build the new tank item and get a perma 60 flat movespeed on top of your mobis.

wat. legit wat riot.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
so apparently if you're a support who doesn't auto attack a lot, you can build the new tank item and get a perma 60 flat movespeed on top of your mobis.

wat. legit wat riot.

Tank Soraka is back boys!

killatopak

Gold Member
Pretty sure that map is the amount your ping will change by after the server move so those areas shouldn't see a change at all

oh...

reducing by 50ms on 100+ pings still aren't great though..

20-40 is the sweet spot imo. Anything below 20 would be korean or fiber.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't know how but my hilariously bad ranked 5s team just keeps on skipping promos lol

asdasd30qko.jpg

i picked azir into swain cos i figured it'd be easy to push him to turret and make him miserable but then spent the rest of the game feeding trying to insec that lucian

it was like pixel fail after pixel fail lol, i'm so bad at this videogame

also i think i'm like 1-6 with ori, it's pathetic lol

zkylon

zkylewd
El equipo osito HD??? lol
haha yeah, that's my ranked 5s team

we all used to wear the tibbers icon in-game cos we all liked it so we created a team called "equipo osito" cos it sounds cute and silly but then they replaced the icon for a new one all shiny and hi res so we had to rename it to "equipo osito HD" to keep up with the times

also my friends called tibbers "osito" cos they didn't know his name haha

wat. legit wat riot.

but u just spent like 3k gold on 60 flat out of combat ms and mostly useless passive on a support?

like are u gonna build this on like alistar instead of righteous glory or aegis?

plss

Nekofrog

Banned
armor, HP, and +60ms out of base and a slow when you hit something

seems okay to me

it's an entirely selfish item yes but it seems like it has its applications

also panda where are you it's duoq IP grind time

drawkcaB

6/15/8 Yasuo. 3/11/11 Hecarim. 2/11/17 Morgana. An 11/11 Heim who you think did well until you learn he was 8/1/x at some point and just wouldn't stop split pushing. Too fucking heavy. We ended up losing, but somehow made a game of it, but good lord that was a frustrating game.

I blame myself. It's Team Builder. I can just skip onto the next match when I see a Yasuo, but it seems as if I need to relearn this lesson every three weeks or thereabouts.

zkylon

zkylewd
armor, HP, and +60ms out of base and a slow when you hit something

seems okay to me

it's an entirely selfish item yes but it seems like it has its applications

also panda where are you it's duoq IP grind time
i duno, i've been wrong before but to me that item sounds like shit compared to locket/banner or aegis, selfish stats + 60 out of combat ms is pretty useless imo

like, it's 200 hp more, 55 armor vs 40 mr (counting aura) and then 60ms and a weird slow vs 20 mr for ur whole team, a shield and the best stat ever one a support, cdr

and locket is like 500g cheaper, that's a ruby crystal and a pink ward

to me that's super dumb, maybe it'll be one of those broken things that i don't understand like support trundle but i don't see what's there to complain about

killatopak

Gold Member
Bought Lissandra and tried her out. She has good waveclear as long as you can spam her skills so cdr is definitely needed. She has good one shot potential like an assassin. I think she's fine right now. I don't get why nobody uses her anymore.

Calvero

Banned
haha yeah, that's my ranked 5s team

we all used to wear the tibbers icon in-game cos we all liked it so we created a team called "equipo osito" cos it sounds cute and silly but then they replaced the icon for a new one all shiny and hi res so we had to rename it to "equipo osito HD" to keep up with the times

also my friends called tibbers "osito" cos they didn't know his name haha

haha that's pretty awesome actually

zkylon

zkylewd
Bought Lissandra and tried her out. She has good waveclear as long as you can spam her skills so cdr is definitely needed. She has good one shot potential like an assassin. I think she's fine right now. I don't get why nobody uses her anymore.
cos she got gutted with nerfs to the point she doesn't excel at anything

she's a bad mage cos her range is short and her sustained aoe dmg is low. she can waveclear but it's not as easy as other mids and her short range means she can clear from a safe enough distance not to get poked out

she's a bad assassin cos her burst is really low and her mobility is super telegraphed and slow. there's just no build u can do to one shot people like u used to with dfg

she'd bad early game cos again short range and low base damage. everyone outranges you

she's also bad late game cos her scaling is crap

only thing they have to do for lizzy to be viable again is to revert her q nerf

haha that's pretty awesome actually
yeah haha, it's pretty nice

these past few weeks my friends have been on tf vs graves icon hype so tibbers icon has been missing but he'll be back haha

we get teased a lot during games because of our name lol

Riot should get rid of Evelynn's current ult and make it to where she can attack for 1.5 seconds at all ranks without breaking stealth and then get a major damage reduction debuff for a few seconds after.

Her current ult is so boring.

jerd

cos she got gutted with nerfs to the point she doesn't excel at anything

she's a bad mage cos her range is short and her sustained aoe dmg is low. she can waveclear but it's not as easy as other mids and her short range means she can clear from a safe enough distance not to get poked out

she's a bad assassin cos her burst is really low and her mobility is super telegraphed and slow. there's just no build u can do to one shot people like u used to with dfg

she'd bad early game cos again short range and low base damage. everyone outranges you

she's also bad late game cos her scaling is crap

only thing they have to do for lizzy to be viable again is to revert her q nerf

yeah haha, it's pretty nice

these past few weeks my friends have been on tf vs graves icon hype so tibbers icon has been missing but he'll be back haha

we get teased a lot during games because of our name lol

The liss buff seems weird and misguided af

zkylon

zkylewd
there's no pretty anime girl in that avatar

The liss buff seems weird and misguided af

yeah, it's a really bad buff that pushes her towards being more of a tanky cc bot mage which takes out all the fun risk of her gameplay

MAGIC DAMAGE: 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 (+ 65% AP)

this is not what a mage's main spell looks like ffs

(i know ori q is lower but not really comparable since ori's kit is so unique)

Tizoc

Supp taric forgets to get red trinket after getting sightstone.
Rito why
Rito why
40 mins. and not a single red trinket or my team buying the 250 g trinket upgrade
rito why

Seriously why is it 2015 and some people don't have a proper idea of what to buy...

Sofo

Heyo guys! I promised Costy (I popped on LoL to congratulate him) I'd pop up here to say hi! I'm sorry I disappeared out of the blue, summer and a bunch of things got in the way and kinda lost interest in LoL in favour of XIV (although I've always played each side by side).

Anyway, thanks for the interest and hope I didn't worry people too much! All is well and will try to pop back more often. I've been kinda wanting to get back into LoL (in fact, I've kept it updated) just been a bit skeptical about me being able to juggle both haha.

Hope you're all well! I have a lot to catch up to, but I hope you're all up to your usual shenanigans. <:

faridmon

And we have won! My first win in 4!

Anyway, what a convincing win that was. Vayne was afk untill we were about lv 8-10. I (Morgana Supp) kept 2 at bay and ended up with 3 kills in the end. Untill Vayne came back and died a some because she was behind. Then after a while, she just dominated.

Volibear (Jungler) carried us so hard, he was everywhere and got a lot of kills and even the mighty Fizz was just useless in team fights.

Feels good!

Newt

Supp taric forgets to get red trinket after getting sightstone.
Rito why
Rito why
40 mins. and not a single red trinket or my team buying the 250 g trinket upgrade
rito why

Seriously why is it 2015 and some people don't have a proper idea of what to buy...
bronze lyfe

Tizoc

bronze lyfe

I didn't choose it.
It chose me.

Won a Ranked match as Sona. I was disconnected a few times due to client crashing but other wise, my team was able to take out the opposition really well.
Our Top Trynd afk-ed during mid game but managed to reconnect and help us get the win.

2 more wins til promos...

With those results in hand, we’re now ready to confirm that we’re planning to move all NA game server activity from our current Portland servers to our new Chicago installation within the next few weeks
Yessssssssssssss

jerd

I played on 15 ping compared to my normal 100+ for a few weeks a while back and thought the difference was almost imperceptible. Everything felt a little more crisp I guess, but it didn't feel game changing.

I just feel like people need to temper their expectations a little bit

Maybe it is more noticeable going from low-high than high-low

Edwardo

if you elect me as president of riot I will nerf all the op champions and put servers in every state

breezy 2016

Ya right. You'll buff everyone and you'll like it.

riot costy is real? :O

grats

hey! i love you guys

Heyo guys! I promised Costy (I popped on LoL to congratulate him) I'd pop up here to say hi! I'm sorry I disappeared out of the blue, summer and a bunch of things got in the way and kinda lost interest in LoL in favour of XIV (although I've always played each side by side).

Anyway, thanks for the interest and hope I didn't worry people too much! All is well and will try to pop back more often. I've been kinda wanting to get back into LoL (in fact, I've kept it updated) just been a bit skeptical about me being able to juggle both haha.

Hope you're all well! I have a lot to catch up to, but I hope you're all up to your usual shenanigans. <:

Hello friends!

220 ping sounds like hell, how is it possible to aim and dodge skillshots with that delay.
With your mind's eye, of course

Seriously tho it's not that bad as long as you're not used to playing League in a lower ping. Complicated stuff like Headbutt Pulverize and Riven combos are perfectly doable, Kalista is a bit annoying to play but that's about it. This is the ping I've played with for 4 years now, at worst I had 280ish ping when my old connection went to shit, now THAT was hell.
220 sounds like garbage though tbh lol. Is your dot yellow in loading screen?
All green, baby

Bacon

Hi sofo! Your positivity in this thread is missed!

killatopak

Gold Member
With your mind's eye, of course

Seriously tho it's not that bad as long as you're not used to playing League in a lower ping. Complicated stuff like Headbutt Pulverize and Riven combos are perfectly doable, Kalista is a bit annoying to play but that's about it. This is the ping I've played with for 4 years now, at worst I had 280ish ping when my old connection went to shit, now THAT was hell.

All green, baby

I really can't imagine myself playing at 200 ping. 100+ ping feels really bad for me. I guess I did get used to playing on 7 ping at internet cafes before I got my Laptop. I'm currently playing at an average of 34ms but it doesn't feel that much different from 7ms.

If I have to compare the feeling to something then it's like 30fps vs 60fps vs 120fps. I can't feel the difference between 60 and 120 but 30 sucks when you've played 60 or 120 for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom