• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Heyo guys! I promised Costy (I popped on LoL to congratulate him) I'd pop up here to say hi! I'm sorry I disappeared out of the blue, summer and a bunch of things got in the way and kinda lost interest in LoL in favour of XIV (although I've always played each side by side).

Anyway, thanks for the interest and hope I didn't worry people too much! All is well and will try to pop back more often. I've been kinda wanting to get back into LoL (in fact, I've kept it updated) just been a bit skeptical about me being able to juggle both haha.

Hope you're all well! I have a lot to catch up to, but I hope you're all up to your usual shenanigans. <:

glad u doing ok, come back anytime

I could never get a grip on the range of Liss' Q. It feels shorter than it looks.
u have to think that the cast animation is fairly slow on top of the projectile not being awesome either. and lizzy in general is a slow champion too, so range differences really hurt her

it takes getting used to

liezryou

Doomsayer here, checking in.

Moving the servers is the beginning of the end for riot and league. Daed game.

Everyone come to doto, we have fckin chocobos in the game.

Newt

Proud of my team.
0b7b2a0a9cd5f272fe0eb3b75485f3cb.png

Nekofrog

Banned
is that the real old school gg

also you can tell when a yasuo isn't a complete and total idiot at yasuo by whether they take ignite or exhaust.

if they take ignite bail

if they take exhaust. check his op.gg then stay or bail accordingly

zkylon

zkylewd
to me it's silly, league is such a crazy mix of art styles and aesthetics that skins just make it all the more fun. this is not an immersive first person stealth game or whatever where someone wearing a cute sailor outfit would ruin the mood, crazy stuff like skins just improve the mood in league!

also it's just a cool way to rediscover/reimagine characters, much more interesting and fun than being obssessed with making stuff that fits a very specific artstyle

and it's not like the stuff riot makes isn't cohesive with itself

it's just win win for everybody

I'm guessing you started league after the phase where clairvoyance was a must have on every support.

No, been here since beta.

The CV meta was just a small phase, and even then they've made irrelevant through the introduction of the trinket that does the same thing but better.

Leezard

Remember when doto players slammed leeg for having skins that aren't thematic to the character?

Neither do doto players.
zkylon said:
not really, but if they did it was silly
There was a time where a common topic was that doto had cosmetic stuff that made sense with the lore; that way of thinking caused Alpine/cowboy/whatever Ursa cosmetic stuff to get pulled from the store and become super rare due to doto fan backlash.

Then doto got cat ears on drow and now the floodgates have opened with chocobos.

I echo zkylon's sentiments though; I like the silly and crazy skins.

to me it's silly, league is such a crazy mix of art styles and aesthetics that skins just make it all the more fun. this is not an immersive first person stealth game or whatever where someone wearing a cute sailor outfit would ruin the mood, crazy stuff like skins just improve the mood in league!

also it's just a cool way to rediscover/reimagine characters, much more interesting and fun than being obssessed with making stuff that fits a very specific artstyle

and it's not like the stuff riot makes isn't cohesive with itself

it's just win win for everybody
I agree with you, it more just seem like skins are trying to be fun or reimagine the character. The only times I don't like skins is when it is makes it hard to see skills.

zkylon

zkylewd
see

why would i pay money for cat ears in doto

if i already have the more superior fox ears for free in league

with tons of fluffy tails

that's why league is #1 game in the world

Catgirl Drow doesn't even look good

If you're gonna go fanservice then go the full way instead of shoving cat ears on a normal half assed armor

They really were small phases, though. Season 1 was small and negligible in the grand scheme of things, in terms of how the game was played professionally. In season 2 it was used partially. We're already in season 5. So yeah, it was a small phase.

It's two years that shaped the League competitive scene dude

It wasn't small, it wasn't negligible. CV stopped being used because it needed to be nerfed and the meta changed like any other.

It's two years that shaped the League competitive scene dude

It wasn't small, it wasn't negligible. CV stopped being used because it needed to be nerfed and the meta changed like any other.

Season 2 was actually when the esport scene kicked to gear, and by the time it was the finals CV wasn't used. So yeah, CV was a negligible part of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Splash arts for the school skins are on pbe
This is for zkylon

dang that's cute, pink hair + cool skirt, works for me

im so buying that skin

it's weird cos ahri's not my favorite character in the game, even if she's probably my most played and most succesful champion, but everyone associates me with her

edit: oh shit didnt see the poro

need to get home quick to see the full splash

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
dang that's cute, pink hair + cool skirt, works for me

im so buying that skin

it's weird cos ahri's not my favorite character in the game, even if she's probably my most played and most succesful champion, but everyone associates me with her

edit: oh shit didnt see the poro

need to get home quick to see the full splash

Gee i wonder why.

Hi, what's up DV?

Just learnin how to play Ekko. 1-1 and I'm proud to say I've not completely fed with him. As one who almost never plays melee champs, holy shit is playing in midlane obnoxious as a melee champ. I'm regularly reminded why Garen and Fizz are the only only melee champs I like playing. I like to do the harassing; not be harassed. On a positive note, I really like his built-in juke (E). very nice for kiting harass from the Luxes and Yasuo's of the world.

Newt

Now that Zky has schoolgirl Ahri, next thing he'll be asking for is topless Sona or something.

Sorry "Pool Party Sona".

Sofo

Thanks guys for the warm welcome back and the nice thoughts!

I was watching QT play Fiora earlier and damn she looks fun to play, so fluid! Seriously thinking about buying her and I don't even play top lane!

zkylon

zkylewd
Gee i wonder why.
haha i guess

i just think of myself more of an ori or syndra player than an ahri player

i wish i could win a fucking game with ori tho

wtf is wrong with me ;_;

Now that Zky has schoolgirl Ahri, next thing he'll be asking for is topless Sona or something.

Sorry "Pool Party Sona".
you so not get me that it's embarrassing noota

i still don't get why ppl care about some random c9 sub :T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom