• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win rates on new champs pretty much exclusively increase over time assuming no nerfs iirc

Besides I'm pretty sure the hotfix buffs were basically just reversions of nerfs that they gave her on pbe right?
I'm pretty sure she was basically untouched through the PBE testing besides moving some base stats around
Riot unlocked accounts are disabled once the player stops being a pro player anyway so why
v9o00wekqnf.gif

jerd

giphy.gif

EDIT: Fixed the links

I get that they feel like they're more important bc they're some of the best players but at the same time catering specifically to 200 or so players when over a million people play on na would be pretty silly and they're being entitled dumbasses for expecting it. Besides won't most gaming houses just move to Chicago as soon as possible?

I get that they feel like they're more important bc they're some of the best players but at the same time catering specifically to 200 or so players when over a million people play on na would be pretty silly and they're being entitled dumbasses for expecting it. Besides won't most gaming houses just move to Chicago as soon as possible?
The LCS studio is still in the west coast, but they're likely moving that too eventually.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

LCS studio is in LA and teams have leases for their big gaming houses. In the long run this is a good thing for the game itself imo. Solo queue in NA is a massive joke anyway so it's not like it was a perfect practice environment anyway.

nah all the lcs dudes are gonna switch to dota/hots

daed game.

yeah basically the talk in Korea/China is that alot of pros are looking to play DotA because of the huuuge fuck TI. even the tourney they had in China that EG won had a 6 million dollar prize pool. Alot more money in dota atm.

Mostly because valve crowd funds the prize pool. Idk about a large amount of pros jumping ship to a harder more complex game when they're already established in LoL. It's not so easy to jump to between these high level competitive games. I do agree that rito needs to step their shit up badly.

Why not have multiple servers up? Then you just have players select whichever one is closest. If you really wanna play with your friends, you can hop onto their server.

I mean...it's not a foreign concept, having multiple server centers set up. DotA does it and it allows their pros to play in different scenes to get a feel for different metas.

nah all the lcs dudes are gonna switch to dota/hots

yeah basically the talk in Korea/China is that alot of pros are looking to play DotA because of the huuuge fuck TI. even the tourney they had in China that EG won had a 6 million dollar prize pool. Alot more money in dota atm.

SeigO

Banned
Ping makes a huge difference I love all of the pro's tears and their former stance that if you "get gud enuff" ping doesn't matter. I'm pretty curious to see how peoples ranks will change with the new server. It'll be nice for me being able to play Jayce again, he's pretty much unplayable at 50+ ping.

When I was at RMU I believe that 9/10 of the D1+ players were from the west coast, I think there was one kid from Texas who managed to do it without the ping advantage.

Mostly because valve crowd funds the prize pool. Idk about a large amount of pros jumping ship to a harder more complex game when they're already established in LoL. It's not so easy to jump to between these high level competitive games. I do agree that rito needs to step their shit up badly.

Riot could definitely do that easily. Offer a compendium of sorts. They have issues with crowdfunding though, like...imagine the market if you could vote on community skins and the player receives a cut? I mean....this would cut into riots idea of taking ideas and just making profit from them.

Anyway, I'm sure alot of players would feel like they contributed to a winning teams award money if they offered a compendium of sorts. However this means they'd have to, for atleast 1 time a year, speed up their production of goodies to offer for people who would buy into it. That is if they copied the DotA compendium aspect of it. It's completely genius what Valve did with crowdfunding.

I don't mean splitting up the server, but allowing players to pick a few server locations in the US. Segregating the community shouldn't always be the solution when they could realistically just have servers set up that you could choose to select. Granted then that creates the issue of 'Well why are you charging to use different regional servers' and would create issues with that part of it.

Like I mentioned, DotA does split servers very well. You can select which server you prefer and it lets you play with people from around the world.

Being able to choose is no different than splitting the community. People will have no reason to play on a server with higher ping unless ranked is down or they want to dick around

Being able to choose is no different than splitting the community. People will have no reason to play on a server with higher ping unless ranked is down or they want to dick around

I mean, the ping between east coast and west coast isn't completely impossible to play in. It's still a better solution than fucking everyone over on the west coast.

West coast players would get fucked either way, either with an increase of ping or with a shit subserver

The server as a whole will be better because more than 20% of the player base will have decent latency now

how about they make a giant line of servers stretching from sea to shining sea like a great wall of servers to keep the illegal aliens out

trump 2016

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm USE but play on USW often cause:

1) Friends
2) Faster queues
3) USE went through the shitter because of some telecom crap a while ago

Hell, I play on EUW as well. Gotta stack with my EU/CIS bros.

So I already submitted this to Riot Support but I'd like to know if anybody else has encountered this and has a solution.

I just recently installed Windows 10, and League has been running just fine until today.
I booted up the usual custom game to test my ping as it varies like every 6 hours or so and pranced around for a bit.

I have two screens, my monitor as the main screen, and the original laptop screen as the secondary screen in this setup:

86f19ae26e39287653a95959827f38b2.png

So I play the game on 'borderless' and when I attempt to scroll down the camera the cursor will now (now being a week or so after the Win10 installation) keep scrolling off the main and on to the next screen.

I switched to Full Screen mode as well as Windowed mode and they both have the same problem. So basically I can't play unless I turn off one of my screens. Already restarted my PC, reset the graphical settings in-game, tweaked with resolutions, etc etc. And nothing gives.

Just thought I would share in case somebody else had or has this problem, tyvm beautiful ppl.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I mean, the ping between east coast and west coast isn't completely impossible to play in. It's still a better solution than fucking everyone over on the west coast.

if it isn't impossible than the west coast players should just deal with it, riots solution is better than the current system.

jerd

You're not fucking over anybody though lol

You're centralizing as you should be. Just because it's always been this way doesn't mean it's right or smart

If there is going to be a single server to cater to the greatest player base it should be on the east coast if anything. The idea that anyone is getting fucked over by normalizing ping is absolutely fucking ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom