• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Oh, Fiora actually got her buffs hotfixed yesterday. Sweeeeeet, gotta try them out today

You call a 12k+ gold build "not super fed"? lol

But yeah, getting an ult heal off while you have like 400 AD is bound to make you nigh unkillable for 5 seconds

http://www.surrenderat20.net/p/current-pbe-balance-changes.html#jugg2

I mean that was her final build I have no idea what it was when that happened

These normal games are fucking epic though

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1915931138/202336775

Literally chickens with their heads cut off

May I direct your attention to the runaans hurricane reksai

drawkcaB

May I direct your attention to the runaans hurricane reksai

I legitimately thought, until just now, that "ranged only" or "melee only" items were actually locked away from being bought unless the champion met the specific requirements. Never even occurred to me to try just to see if it was possible.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's okay I'll take up the slack
naga-song1.gif

I legitimately thought, until just now, that "ranged only" or "melee only" items were actually locked away from being bought unless the champion met the specific requirements. Never even occurred to me to try just to see if it was possible.
No you just don't get the unique X only passives

Oh OK then. I'm still having a hard time figuring out which of the new slows Rylai would apply using certain abilities :p
What's there to figure out? It's right there on the tool tip

Akali Q and R are single target spells so they apply the single target slow. Her E is an AoE spell so it applies the AoE slow. It's not rocket science

Tizoc

What's there to figure out? It's right there on the tool tip

Akali Q and R are single target spells so they apply the single target slow. Her E is an AoE spell so it applies the AoE slow. It's not rocket science

Guess I'm too lazy to remember its affects then since I hardly ever build it on my AP champs :p

Godan

Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 and has any issues with the client?

Mine seems to crash a lot during champ select and only been like this from when i changed over to Windows 10.

Bacon

Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 and has any issues with the client?

Mine seems to crash a lot during champ select and only been like this from when i changed over to Windows 10.

huh yeah now that you mention it I had some weird stuff happen to me yesterday where the client crashed as I was about to enter a game

patchday

I run LoLSummoner which records my matches. Havent put up any vids cause I'm just a L20 summoner so I'm sure folks rather watch voyboy or something

Yo! I'm L20 now and I am seeing all these stinky inflated prices for runes. 1k IP! Good thing I had like 8k IP saved. Bought some Tier 3 runes and boy is it much easier to jungle. No wonder I couldn't quite do what I saw L30 junglers do in the vids cause Riot gimped me out. Still need to maxout my rune pages

Hey any thoughts on Rengar? Thinking of buying him on sale. I love the way he looks and he looks fun to play. But I know common sense dictates I should wait til free rotation. it's hard for new players. They throw all these champions in your face w/o anyway to try them out. I'll probably wait to try Rengar on free rotation then catch him on the next sale I guess

Bacon

Hey any thoughts on Rengar? Thinking of buying him on sale. I love the way he looks and he looks fun to play. But I know common sense dictates I should wait til free rotation. it's hard for new players. They throw all these champions in your face w/o anyway to try them out. I'll probably wait to try Rengar on free rotation then catch him on the next sale I guess

Rengar is really fun to play but very hard to play right. Nightblue plays him in the jungle a lot and tends to explain his thought processes pretty well so i would seek out some of his videos before bringing him into a game otherwise you may just end up feeding with him.

Einbroch

Banned
yeah 60s is crazy, there's no way to spin a 60s ult like that heh, i'm only talking about 100s and maybe that's too low. maybe like 120/100/80?

like the problem with her ult in lane is that unlike zed or whatever, it's just like an insane amount of instant burst that you can't dodge or easily get away with.

quinn is a tough one
I don't get this. How is 150 before mitigation damage insane? Because that's all it does. Her Q and E do the same and are almost as easy to land.

Hell, her E does less damage because it doesn't mark the target.

jerd

I don't get this. How is 150 before mitigation damage insane? Because that's all it does. Her Q and E do the same and are almost as easy to land.

Let's not be disingenuous here, you're not gonna pop skystrike on a full health champ. Besides that, a bit of cdr and all of the sudden you're using that thing to get back to lane in 5 seconds or whatever it takes. Her ult is basically a faux global and is super versatile. 60 second cd is absolutely insane. She'd be a mid lane god

What Quinn needs is the Fiora treatment to be honest

Keep Harrier and Vault which are the unique fun things about her kit, throw everything else in the trash. Make Valor an actual pet and then give her a new default skin that doesn't look poopy

zkylon

zkylewd
The reason I didn't really like the Riot Costy jokes before (especially in other threads) was mainly because I didn't want it to hinder my chances in case people thought I was impersonating a Rioter or something. Silly I know, but I couldn't help it.

You can make all the jokes you want now, though I don't think I need a thread named after me lol

Also hopefully getting my Riot name soonish? I'll let you guys know when I get it so you know who to add, though you could probably guess it anyway.
interview was all like "for the tenth time, marc, i don't know who this zkylewd person is"

Aka time for her ult to fuck shit up again
yeah that's cool. i think the w change was really good but q feels really shit now and her ult still feels kind of ehh

and they should just replace w and e outright, boring spells are boring

Hell, her E does less damage because it doesn't mark the target.
that's at 100% hp dood, can't look up the exact numbers right now but iirc it's 100 base at 6 that can go as high as 200, plus it makes her super fast, gives her a super fast gapcloser that doesn't have a long animation like regular e, she gets attack speed from w i think (and quinn is an ad champion so every auto she lands means a lot of dmg) and extra undodgeable dmg from q too.

it's not the same because landing human quinn q is hard, human e is super a super slow animation that mids can react to and she can't really dodge skillshots nearly as easily as when having like 600ms or whatever.

like assassin quinn is pretty awful: ult, ghostblade, e bjork qw ult again and insta kill people. that should either be gated through cooldowns or not exist at all

Keep Harrier and Vault which are the unique fun things about her kit, throw everything else in the trash. Make Valor an actual pet and then give her a new default skin that doesn't look poopy
yeah, i agree

turning into a bird is nice and all but it doesn't add much interesting stuff to quinn's gameplay and it's just really hard to balance

would be cool if u could command valor to go explore like a kalista ghost (valor has limited vision when far from u) and he comes back, but u can also mark an enemy for him to attack, or a friendly for valor to give a buff to or maybe a special effect when self cast

that'd be nice, quinn is like a ranger, so that's more of a scout than an assassin, and to me that says utility, not dmg

patchday

Rengar is fucking stupid right now as far as solo Q goes

In a good way I assume? coo

give quinn a new ult

yes plz

Yeah her default skin looks whack. I bought her a new skin

drawkcaB

Focusing more heavily on the ranger aspect would be a really neat way to go.

Personally, I like the idea of Valor being a separate character that Quinn can send out to act as a ward and reposition on a longish CD, but the drawback is that Valor is also a big part of her damage potential, so that if she gets caught out without Valor she's in deep shit.

Could even make a neat minigame where Valor can be spotted by the enemy champion as it hovers around an area, like Kalista's ghosts except viewable at a longer distance, and the enemy champions hop from bush to bush when out of sight to evade detection. And of course when you're spotted you get the big fat MGS style "!" over your head with corresponding SFX.

zkylon

zkylewd
Focusing more heavily on the ranger aspect would be a really neat way to go.

Personally, I like the idea of Valor being a separate character that Quinn can send out to act as a ward and reposition on a longish CD, but the drawback is that Valor is also a big part of her damage potential, so that if she gets caught out without Valor she's in deep shit.

Could even make a neat minigame where Valor can be spotted by the enemy champion as it hovers around an area, like Kalista's ghosts except viewable at a longer distance, and the enemy champions hop from bush to bush when out of sight to evade detection. And of course when you're spotted you get the big fat MGS style "!" over your head with corresponding SFX.

how about this

valor has his own health, like 5 hp like a pink ward. every action u order valor to take costs 1 hp and enemies can attack valor with autos for 1 hp too. u can call valor back to u and he'll heal, but if he dies he takes longer to revive. and like i said before, u can order him to scout like ashe w, or like peck at someone for a bit of dmg and soft cc or like give an ally a short speed boost and even attack wards!

how about this

valor has his own health, like 5 hp like a pink ward. every action u order valor to take costs 1 hp and enemies can attack valor with autos for 1 hp too. u can call valor back to u and he'll heal, but if he dies he takes longer to revive. and like i said before, u can order him to scout like ashe w, or like peck at someone for a bit of dmg and soft cc or like give an ally a short speed boost and even attack wards!

so like visage from dota

knowing how dota to lol transitions work, that would be op lol

visage and his (5-8?) summoned flying minions doesn't sound similar at all to that.

3 flying minions~

It's like a restrained visage of sorts. Acts as a ward, can 'soft cc', can attack others, and if he dies he takes a while to come back.
In concept it'd be pretty strong. Having a free ward that can attack/slow but it would also be weak for an ultimate or even a skill. So it would put quinn in an odd position~

Leezard

3 flying minions~

It's like a restrained visage of sorts. Acts as a ward, can 'soft cc', can attack others, and if he dies he takes a while to come back.
In concept it'd be pretty strong. Having a free ward that can attack/slow but it would also be weak for an ultimate or even a skill. So it would put quinn in an odd position~

It seems he has received some sort of minor rework then. When I played he raised them from corpses on a short cooldown and could have at least 6 of them.

Edwardo

It seems he has received some sort of minor rework then. When I played he raised them from corpses on a short cooldown and could have at least 6 of them.

Ya they redid him a while ago. He summons these gargoyle dudes now that go into stone form and stun people.

drawkcaB

how about this

I dunno, I like the idea of him just flying around when he's sent out without dealing damage. Kind of like that flock of birds in Lord of the Rings and how everyone finds a place to hide.

Pecking at someone etc. would be for when Valor isn't out scouting.

zkylon

zkylewd
I dunno, I like the idea of him just flying around when he's sent out without dealing damage. Kind of like that flock of birds in Lord of the Rings and how everyone finds a place to hide.

Pecking at someone etc. would be for when Valor isn't out scouting.
yea my idea would be like, really long range for scouting (like old ashy w) and then like ori ball range for attacking/supporting stuffs. so he has like scout mode and combat mode depending on how far away from quinn valor is

in scout mode he grants vision of an area around him not going through walls and loses health every x seconds so he's not like a permaward or anything. maybe if he's hit in scout mode he immediately runs back to quinn

combat mode is like this short range soft cc+dmg/supporty spells depending on who you target, including yourself

so like u can't send him gank botlane from mid or whatever, although that sounds kind of cool lol

edit: also i'd be like a common spell like ori q with a cooldown, so you're not controlling another character like tibbers, it's more like commanding ori ball

patchday

So sad. My last match there was an enemy mid Quinn. At the sight of her I grew happy and confident. I was juggler. I made sure to visit mid lane and take out my frustration on her. I always chuckled when I saw the hawk ultimate come out.

Enemy Quinn went went 6/9/4 that match. Their Quinn did good okay though later but during early game we punished her hard

Nev

Banned
Wow, AD Fizz manages to position himself as an even greatest tumorigenic entrant than his AP counterpart. Now that's a feat.

On the other hand the new Fiora is a relative success gameplay wise (compared to her old version). Ult is boring but she's no longer a toxic piece of shit with her press R to reposition/dive/kill/panic/whatever and targeted dash. I even bought her. Her frenchesque thematic continues to be aborrecible, uninspired and stupid nonetheless.

Nekofrog

Banned
AD Fizz is great. He does the same amount of damage as AP fizz but instead of doing it in burst, he does it over extended fights. and since he builds tank after a damage item, he sticks to you long enough to be a nightmare.

still more counterplay than press W Q E you're dead fizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom