• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zyra and Sion(?). More academy skins in the future?

8JksUCF.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
Remember when they made Lucian's e not cost mana and called it a nerf? Fun times

Post rework Lucian was the most fun champion I've ever played in this game. I honestly wish they just nerfed his dmg output and kept the really low dash cooldown. Absolute blast to play.

Nekofrog

Banned
Varus, Corki, Ezreal @_@ Annie/Morgana/other support mids.

thats not the same. there was very little counterplay to what post-rework Lucian brought to the table vs those other champions. harass through minions via spells, auto attacks, W to boost speed, and a free E that removed slows. let's not forget the ultimate that was on a dumb cooldown for waveclear. it was legit an out and out toxic kit that needed to be addressed on multiple levels.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not like the current meta ADCs like Sivir and Jinx. Haha, they are very fair.
i don't mind jinx a lot but we're banning sivir often on my ranked 5s team since lots of people play her and we generally play pick comps so it's very annoying to play against a team that can steamroll through you like that

but i like them much better than lucy, sure

hopefully he'll eventually be balanced to be a lot less frustrating to play against

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just like replays right? And that new fancy client that's totally on the way.

Mkay rito.

Lucian was an asshole, Lucian players are assholes and the meta where he dominated was just as toxic as the current ADC meta but at least he's fun to watch.

garath

Won a nice 4v5. The gnar quit after giving Darius 4 kills and ahri said "build tank gnar". Lol. We stuck it out, got objectives, picked people off. By the time they started grouping we were too strong. Ahri + Elise + morg with a trist behind us is a lot of CC and damage. I love playing elise. Too bad she's always banned.

Rejoice Breezy, Yorick rework after Poppy and Taric's
Speaking of ADCs, is there a reason Draven isn't played by the pros a lot? Is it something about his kit?
No escapes, low effective range, nothing to offer as far as sieges go, Q positioning can be a big risk in organized teamfights and overall he doesn't really do enough damage to justify playing around his disadvantages.

He just doesn't fit in how competitive play works right now.

Rejoice Breezy, Yorick rework after Poppy and Taric's

No escapes, low effective range, nothing to offer as far as sieges go, Q positioning can be a big risk in organized teamfights and overall he doesn't really do enough damage to justify playing around his disadvantages.

AFTER 1000 YEARS HE'S BACK

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
None of these are really why, as many of these complaints could also be made against other AD carries. Draven's late game is not always great, and you can't guarantee a 2v2 laning phase where people lane swap. Other AD carries like Kalista and Sivir also offer similar damage with increased utility.

TomShoe

Banned
Won a nice 4v5. The gnar quit after giving Darius 4 kills and ahri said "build tank gnar". Lol. We stuck it out, got objectives, picked people off. By the time they started grouping we were too strong. Ahri + Elise + morg with a trist behind us is a lot of CC and damage. I love playing elise. Too bad she's always banned.

How does a Gnar lose to a Darius?

You just dodge his E and win lol. I was playing at 200 ping and still beat his ass.

There's now way Gnar lose to Darius after the early cheese though. If you go level 1-6 without dying you should win pretty hard. It just lower elo people die to stupid level 2-3 all ins when their champs suck at it.

I know when I was smurfing with Hecarmin all I would do is a camp get level 2 tp back to lane. And fight and for some reason 90% of the people would trade with me even in low gold...

Obviously I win the trade even though some champ win vs Hecarmin but because they stupidly traded level 1 to level 2 (because they have minion advantage) but my W negates their minion advantage and heals me...

Derp easy first blood... roll on them and go on to end the game with like a 20-2 score. Not exactly because I'm good, but rather because the other top laner is an idiot.

zkylon

zkylewd
"we'll reconsider and then decide not to again"

we'll reconsider telling ppl about our business outside of skins

Just like replays right? And that new fancy client that's totally on the way.

Mkay rito.

i might be mistaken but i think a rioter mentioned the client being something for the near future? not like this month but maybe preseason?

i think his bigger issue is being an adc that offers nothing but dmg, but is super reliant on snowballing and doesn't even scale that well

like, someone like kaly or sivir or jinx or trist or kog have other uses for the team, like sieging or turret taking or like speed boosts and vision or objective control with kaly e, etc.

and someone like vayne that has zero utility like draven scales way better because of her mobility and % hp true dmg

Lucian was an asshole, Lucian players are assholes and the meta where he dominated was just as toxic as the current ADC meta but at least he's fun to watch.
i agree on the fun part, but i hated playing against him

no one reads that thread

i reed eet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom