• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Gonna play some jungle or support tonight, need to get some variety if I'm going to be putting in another ~15 Tristana games. Could use some more practice on Hecarim. Support, I dunno, I now have well over 20 games played for all my supports so I'm pretty comfortable on all of them. Mmmm probably Sona or Nami.

I don't know how you ADC mains do it. Fucking shoot me. I do need to get better at the role though. I've improved my very early game quite a bit but I don't push my advantage and sometimes I get lost once laning phase ends, trouble determining when to farm and when to group.

Tizoc

why is nightblue playing ap rengar

I once played aram with an AP Rengar. He did good.
Not saying it can work all the time though, but I think NB ain't gonna do too well this time :V

For that matter, Butcher's bridge was a far better design than howling abyss :/

why is nightblue playing ap rengar

AP Rango is surprisingly effective. It isn't nearly as strong as when he was released, but it can be quite fun.

I started picking up Garen again and I gotta say, I feel so much stronger with him buying something other than black cleaver. I built BotRK as first item and wrecked a Jax.

Blade is an OK buy on Garen due to the increase in chase potential, but you are giving up 20% CDR, armor reduction, and health in exchange which isn't really worth it. You wrecked the Jax because Garen hard counters Jax, and would wreck him going straight tank. If I was going to go blade I might grab Sunfire and Spirit Visage before getting Blade for it's damage.

There is no such thing as played and built horribly in Victory.

Yes there is. It might not have happened in his case, but you can have your ass carried when you build incorrectly or misplay. Last night I played a ranked game as Rumble in mid-Plat and I got camped like hell by a Fizz/Wukong combo and tilted for the rest of the game badly. Thankfully my team grouped and we had a good ADC to carry me.

Tizoc

AP Rango is surprisingly effective. It isn't nearly as strong as when he was released, but it can be quite fun.

Blade is an OK buy on Garen due to the increase in chase potential, but you are giving up 20% CDR, armor reduction, and health in exchange which isn't really worth it. You wrecked the Jax because Garen hard counters Jax, and would wreck him going straight tank. If I was going to go blade I might grab Sunfire and Spirit Visage before getting Blade for it's damage.

Yes there is. It might not have happened in his case, but you can have your ass carried when you build incorrectly or misplay. Last night I played a ranked game as Rumble in mid-Plat and I got camped like hell by a Fizz/Wukong combo and tilted for the rest of the game badly. Thankfully my team grouped and we had a good ADC to carry me.

IMO Youmuu is fine on Garen, or at least Brutalizer. Brut+Sunfire can lead to good damage early game.

Now with the new update next week, I'm interested to see Black Cleaver+New Hydra combo on him.

Tizoc

Rengar is like Nida to me: You either snowball or be ineffective to your team.
My friend used to use Rengar but stopped months ago especially since he kept failing to win matches as him :/

Cool, Ekko is definitely quite skill reliant. Have you checked out probuilds for what others build on Ekko?

I looked at some stuff at LoLKing. Went with the most commonly recommended skill builds (everyone seems to skill him the same maxing Q then E with a point in W). After several matches I definitely prefer CDR-focused builds (cdr boots and the Morellonomicon) for maximum chasing and spamming potential. I'm just not really sure if I'm buying the most effective item after Morellonomicon. I've been buying Lich Bane most often as the second major item but...MEH.

I don't know if there are stronger options that increase my kill potential at that 18-minute mark or not. If there are, I'm happy to hear any recommendations. But yea, easy to lose a lane with him and hard to win one. And again, if there are any recommendations on how to deal with opponents who have heavy targeted abilities that can't be juked (Ryze, Kog, Annie), I'm all ears.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
how does anyone not like ahri

eax2eNF.gif

patchday

Can someone please explain to me why I can't ban Jinx? I joined a draft lobby and I was leader. Jinx wasn't an option although she clearly should be. I see her face every match. Her and Teemo. I would've kicked them both lol

Can someone please explain to me why I can't ban Jinx? I joined a draft lobby and I was leader. Jinx wasn't an option although she clearly should be. I see her face every match. Her and Teemo. I would've kicked them both lol
You can only ban champs the enemy team owns and no one in the enemy team had Jinx

Leezard

I looked at some stuff at LoLKing. Went with the most commonly recommended skill builds (everyone seems to skill him the same maxing Q then E with a point in W). After several matches I definitely prefer CDR-focused builds (cdr boots and the Morellonomicon) for maximum chasing and spamming potential. I'm just not really sure if I'm buying the most effective item after Morellonomicon. I've been buying Lich Bane most often as the second major item but...MEH.

I don't know if there are stronger options that increase my kill potential at that 18-minute mark or not. If there are, I'm happy to hear any recommendations. But yea, easy to lose a lane with him and hard to win one. And again, if there are any recommendations on how to deal with opponents who have heavy targeted abilities that can't be juked (Ryze, Kog, Annie), I'm all ears.

Typically a cdr focused build won't be as effective for all ins as a build that goes for combat stats with say Abyssal/Lich Bane. Perhaps it's worth a try? Abyssal is good if you're trying to snowball early against another mage.

It's worth mentioning that according to probuilds Ekko is primarily a jungler and sometimes seen top lane, rarely in mid lane. While that might not matter that much, your experiences that it can be difficult to win lane with Ekko in mid lane might be shared among others. Have you tried him top/jungle? You don't have to stop playing him mid, I can imagine he has a couple of good matchups.

Typically a cdr focused build won't be as effective for all ins as a build that goes for combat stats with say Abyssal/Lich Bane. Perhaps it's worth a try? Abyssal is good if you're trying to snowball early against another mage.

It's worth mentioning that according to probuilds Ekko is primarily a jungler and sometimes seen top lane, rarely in mid lane. While that might not matter that much, your experiences that it can be difficult to win lane with Ekko in mid lane might be shared among others. Have you tried him top/jungle?

I have not tried him anywhere but mid. The Ekko in that game I posted was top. His results were...not so good. lol. I'll try him up there today and see how that goes. I didn't realize he's no longer played mid.

cwmartin

I have not tried him anywhere but mid. The Ekko in that game I posted was top. His results were...not so good. lol. I'll try him up there today and see how that goes. I didn't realize he's no longer played mid.

I play a bunch of ekko right now, probably my favorite champion, despite him not being dominate in any scenario i've played him in. And though jungle is certainly my most preferred place, I too prefer pushing for Morello and CDR boots, then into abyssal, and then either lich bane, zhonya, or ludens depending on what the matchup is and how the game is progressing.

Morello just gives enough of a spike in the things that feel good on a mid lane AP champion. AP, CDR, and mana regen. There's few midlane AP focused champions I wouldn't even take it on.

Mid Ekko I look at Morello --> CDR Boots --> Abyssal --> Lich/Zhonya/Luden as firsth three then void probably then w/e you want.

I have no idea if this is optimal or not.

I play a bunch of ekko right now, probably my favorite champion, despite him not being dominate in any scenario i've played him in. And though jungle is certainly my most preferred place, I too prefer pushing for Morello and CDR boots, then into abyssal, and then either lich bane, zhonya, or ludens depending on what the matchup is and how the game is progressing.

Morello just gives enough of a spike in the things that feel good on a mid lane AP champion. AP, CDR, and mana regen. There's few midlane AP focused champions I wouldn't even take it on.

Mid Ekko I look at Morello --> CDR Boots --> Abyssal --> Lich/Zhonya/Luden as firsth three then void probably then w/e you want.

I have no idea if this is optimal or not.

Roger that and ty for the insight. I'll try him top today. Are there any matchups I should look to actively avoid? eg, I'll never pick mid Ekko into Annie or AP Kog ever again. Fuck that shit. Not too many popular range heroes that go top that I imagine could give Ekko a hard time since even decent range tops like Gnar and Jayce use dodgeable skillshots.

Newt

Toxicity, Rage, Lewdness, Fanart. Long ago, the four nations lived in harmony, then everything changed when the Ghost on Bnet attacked. Only Deadnames, master of all four elements could stop him, but when the world needed him most he vanished. One OT passed and I discovered the new Deadnames an Off-topic poster named Breezy, and although his posting skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Breezy can save the thread.

Sofo

nah, they need to be sailor uniforms for them to be kiru ra kiru references

I was recently in Gothenburg and I thought this sailor uniform was so cool... If I was a girl I would so wear these things...!

Since they are a bit OT I put them under spoiler tags.

8d33147e4e.jpg

But I still got away with these <: Sorry for the phone pics (plus uploading them on puush! Is that allowed on GAF?)

d41697b84f.jpg

Boh, you can tell it's been a while since I posted here by how shitty this post's edition is ._.

Edwardo

Toxicity, Rage, Lewdness, Fanart. Long ago, the four nations lived in harmony, then everything changed when the Ghost on Bnet attacked. Only Deadnames, master of all four elements could stop him, but when the world needed him most he vanished. One OT passed and I discovered the new Deadnames an Off-topic poster named Breezy, and although his posting skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Breezy can save the thread.

Can I be Appa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom