• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing azir today and on the other team they had a fiora. It sucked she got fed and they it was impossible to kill her. She would parry my ult or just jump over it with her q.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was recently in Gothenburg and I thought this sailor uniform was so cool... If I was a girl I would so wear these things...!

Since they are a bit OT I put them under spoiler tags.

But I still got away with these <: Sorry for the phone pics (plus uploading them on puush! Is that allowed on GAF?)

Boh, you can tell it's been a while since I posted here by how shitty this post's edition is ._.
why is that stopping u >:3

Ah fuck yeah rockin' the UN Squadron avatar...wait a second, how old were you when that came out?

UN Squadron? A wee lad. I definitely didn't have it at launch. lol. But I did have it, and it was one of my favorite SNES games. To this day, I occasionally hear songs from that amazing sound track in my head.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who played it. Deserves more love than I see it get, despite being on lots of people's top 25 SNES games lists.

edit: this 15-minute non-ranked queue tho

Einbroch

Banned
15 minute queue? This is the League thread, the Dota thread is over there.
opZx0q3.png

faridmon

Yessss, promoted back to Bronze III

Last match I played terrible with my stun as Morgana missing more than connecting, but I was lucky to have a good adc

EDIT: I should try Sona one of these days, I have her, but I never ever used her in a proper match.

kenbo

Gonna play some jungle or support tonight, need to get some variety if I'm going to be putting in another ~15 Tristana games. Could use some more practice on Hecarim. Support, I dunno, I now have well over 20 games played for all my supports so I'm pretty comfortable on all of them. Mmmm probably Sona or Nami.

I don't know how you ADC mains do it. Fucking shoot me. I do need to get better at the role though. I've improved my very early game quite a bit but I don't push my advantage and sometimes I get lost once laning phase ends, trouble determining when to farm and when to group.

Kog'maw late game is so fun. I'm not even good at farming.

Catching any squishy slightly out of position with your W and with one auto and they're "poked" out

so satisfying

EDIT: I should try Sona one of these days, I have her, but I never ever used her in a proper match.
She's not that great anymore. She only exists for those old timers who really love her.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just play Nautilus, land hook, W, EEEEEEE, win game.

kenbo

Leona doesn't even have to avoid minions. But her ult is a skillshot, hmm.

Also, can't decide whether I like Dead Man's Plate or not. Doesn't feel as good as Mobility boots, but against a low CC team it's pretty hilarious just walking away from them.

zkylon

zkylewd
leona is super dumb, if you're last pick, don't play suppport and just need a simple champion that works really well in solo q just pick leona every game and go ham all the damn time. i feel like every non-support player should just default to her all the time. if not, just pick janna who's just as dumb.

both champs take very little finesse to be effective which is the issue of the actually cool supports like nami, threshie, bard, lulu, etc. who require a lot more coordination, mechanics, awareness, etc.

kenbo

Leona haters are all salty squishy players
Dunno how Janna is dumb though

You could max E on lulu and be everything Janna is in terms of low skill "all I do is shield" play

zkylon

zkylewd
You could max E on lulu and be everything Janna is in terms of low skill "all I do is shield" play
the problem isn't the shield, it's the shield on top of the ms buff and the ult and the tornado

and janna is dumb cos that's all she does

lulu because of how her kit works has to play aggressive and do cool stuff herself, it takes skill and timing and all that

janna just stays near her carries and has to put in very little effort to achieve really undeserved amounts of success. nothing you have to do as janna takes much skill.

leona is super cool haters gonna hate.

Leona is like the only supp I use.
i don't hate leona, she was one of my first champions and everything, but i think she should be way more punishing to play

kenbo

Please just putting a thresh box down hard counters hard engage and simply throwing a lantern hard counters ganks

the no skill part of Thresh is just as bad

the problem isn't the shield, it's the shield on top of the ms buff and the ult and the tornado

and janna is dumb cos that's all she does

lulu because of how her kit works has to play aggressive and do cool stuff herself, it takes skill and timing and all that

janna just stays near her carries and has to put in very little effort to achieve really undeserved amounts of success. nothing you have to do as janna takes much skill.

i don't hate leona, she was one of my first champions and everything, but i think she should be way more punishing to play

Juggermaw exists for the exact same reasons for lulu

And Leona is way more punishing to play than Nautilus. If you miss your ult as Leona, you're literally useless. Nautlius can provide incredible peel and slow and cant even miss his ult anyway

Einbroch

Banned
Oh it absolutely is overloaded, but it's smart. All of his abilities work well together, and you can combine any two (except maybe W and E) and make plays with them.

He's amazingly well put together. It's just a shame that other champions aren't like him. Ekko is overloaded just to be overloaded, as an example of how it shouldn't be.

Please just putting a thresh box down hard counters hard engage and simply throwing a lantern hard counters ganks

yeah sorry you dont know what youre talking about. an 80% slow with actual ways to get around it isnt even remotely close to jannas huge aoe knockback and heal that can literally reset a teamfight.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Thresh is overloaded, but his design is so well done that his effectiveness scales 1:1 with the player's skill. I've never once been hooked/dunked on by a thresh and thought "Wow, this dude is broken". Instead I'm impressed by a sweet flash flay or something.

Thresh is overloaded but he makes the game more interesting to play and fun to watch, he can be a top tier pick until League goes offline for all I care

zkylon

zkylewd

this is exaggerating like the lulu thing

thresh takes way more skill than janna and thresh creates interesting gameplay while janna for the most part does not. i don't hate janna but i can't understand why she hasn't been nerfed yet, she's just way too effective right now that she just makes the game boring whenever she's in it

that's like the opposite of thresh and lulu, both which create lots of intense moments and fun gameplay for the whole family !

Juggermaw exists for the exact same reasons for lulu

And Leona is way more punishing to play than Nautilus. If you miss your ult as Leona, you're literally useless. Nautlius can provide incredible peel and slow and cant even miss his ult anyway
nautilus is also op

Oh it absolutely is overloaded, but it's smart. All of his abilities work well together, and you can combine any two (except maybe W and E) and make plays with them.

He's amazingly well put together. It's just a shame that other champions aren't like him. Ekko is overloaded just to be overloaded, as an example of how it shouldn't be.
yeah, very well put

like, overloaded isn't necessarily a bad thing. see: ori

I don't know, I like her poke dmg.... theoretically but against a well drilled duo, she is really useless!
i haven't played her in a long while, but i'd say she's pretty decent against threshie if played correctly

like, you have to be super patient and careful and poke poke poke and win through sustain

it's not easy tho, but if u play her a bit more i bet u can do it

Ori isn't overloaded

wat

also don't listen to zkys advice, despite what they're saying Sona will always have a hard time against thresh, whether early, mid, or late game.

faridmon

t
i haven't played her in a long while, but i'd say she's pretty decent against threshie if played correctly

like, you have to be super patient and careful and poke poke poke and win through sustain

it's not easy tho, but if u play her a bit more i bet u can do it

I hope so. I am planning to stick her for a while. Hope I improve with her.
Thresh though is gonna be nightmare with his hook, especially since my reaction is super slow.
When I used Morgana, Shield would just helped me against him.

If you're new, there was a moment where Sona was extremely powerful. But the tanky support meta creeped in, and with nerfs towards Sonas, she just became outclassed. Not trying to be negative, but I wouldn't want you to waste time learning a champion that well, isn't viable @_@

kenbo

As an incredibly seasoned Sona player who still destroys lanes with her, yeah she's pretty damn weak atm.
Sorry faridmon.
Thresh is overloaded, but his design is so well done that his effectiveness scales 1:1 with the player's skill. I've never once been hooked/dunked on by a thresh and thought "Wow, this dude is broken". Instead I'm impressed by a sweet flash flay or something.
Every single time he saves somebody with a lantern from like 1300 range away

i don't hate janna but i can't understand why she hasn't been nerfed yet, she's just way too effective right now that she just makes the game boring whenever she's in it

Theres a clear design space for janna the same way there is for Leona, defining the extremes of disengage and engage.

It's even the tanky support meta and so we need janna even more than ever. Janna isn't going to win the game for you if your team cant engage, Nautilus is a way better solo queue support.

no she needs her q base damage raised because her laning is pretty shit honestly. you can't fight 90% of the supports in the game (only exception being morg) and your mid game is terribad if you're even a little behind.

kenbo

As long as the cooldown exists on spellthief, all spellthief users will utilise the line as well as Sona.

She can't even roam man, feels bad.

Her identity is of a lane bully that transitions into ok engage potential mid game with really average team fighting.

And she isn't even that great of a lane bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom