• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope so. I am planning to stick her for a while. Hope I improve with her.
Thresh though is gonna be nightmare with his hook, especially since my reaction is super slow.
When I used Morgana, Shield would just helped me against him.

yeah, basically with sona you're always on the edge of getting caught and dying, while someone like morgana doesn't really have to take any risks ever cos high range+black shield+morgana doesn't really do anything other than fish for qs

sona is a lot more involved and has to get in danger a whole lot for very little, at least right now after riot completely ruined her. i was on board for the rework but unfortunately it didn't do anything to fix her issues

but you should do ok, you're not lcs or whatever, just play whoever you like!

Theres a clear design space for janna the same way there is for Leona, defining the extremes of disengage and engage.

It's even the tanky support meta and so we need janna even more than ever. Janna isn't going to win the game for you if your team cant engage, Nautilus is a way better solo queue support.
yeah but nautilus is banned a lot. janna and leona are both never banned, are i think the two most played supports after thresh and are both almost impossible to fuck up and also really really strong

but sure nautilus is just as dumb as leona

She'll be better if spellthief line gets buffed.
i don't think so, i think sona has really big issues of her being a champion that was always balanced for the best case scenario and her rework not fixing that at all

so like, the spells need to be really shitty for them to not be completely broken when used on your whole team

which is kind of really dumb since her aura range is so ridiculously low now that you'll never get a to buff your whole team so why not actually balance around 2 or 3 people and let the 5 people be pretty broken since it should be rewarding for teams playing together right?

her other issue is that she's a really facerolly champion to play so she's always hovering the high rankings of supports in solo q, so buffing her to feel better always has to be balanced against how she always seems to be freelo in solo q

Two of my friends got banned for being so toxic.

HAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Now I'm helping them level to 30 on new accounts.. I get to play against unrank people!

This is gonna be so fun!!!!

I'm totally going to hell.....

23qwerty

yQLVVrI.png

why are we against a diamond 5 rengar main in team builder :(

faridmon

Wow, an majority for thumbs down with Sona. Didn't expect that. She is powerful whenever I play ARAM with her sustain being the difference between winning and losing. I guess ranked matches, she ain't all that useful especially with her mana draining all the time.

What are the chances she is getting a buff next season?

I'm honestly looking for some veteran feedback here....why am I laughed at for picking a "bronze" champ when I choose Blitzcrank, but Thresh is pro-level? I know they are far from the same champ, but their specialty seems kind of the same. People tell me you don't see Blitz in pro-level because the only time he is useful is for chumps who have bad positioning. But isn't the same of Thresh? I dunno...It's really making me re-think my life since Blitz is my support I'm great it. It makes me think I need to upgrade to the higher level and work on some other supports.

Bacon

I'm honestly looking for some veteran feedback here....why am I laughed at for picking a "bronze" champ when I choose Blitzcrank, but Thresh is pro-level? I know they are far from the same champ, but their specialty seems kind of the same. People tell me you don't see Blitz in pro-level because the only time he is useful is for chumps who have bad positioning. But isn't the same of Thresh? I dunno...It's really making me re-think my life since Blitz is my support I'm great it. It makes me think I need to upgrade to the higher level and work on some other supports.

Who's laughing at you? Blitz is one of the best solo q supports

Who's laughing at you? Blitz is one of the best solo q supports
Just a few games in lobby afterwards. If it's a win, I hear nothing. If it is a loss, I get ragged on by everyone. Last game a Viktor on the opposite team in the aftergame lobby was really tearing into Blitz being a bronze champ.

...now I realize the silliness of being upset about what people are saying in the aftergame lobby.....

Wow, an majority for thumbs down with Sona. Didn't expect that. She is powerful whenever I play ARAM with her sustain being the difference between winning and losing. I guess ranked matches, she ain't all that useful especially with her mana draining all the time.

She's strong in ARAM because of the nature of that map is completely different from Summoners. I doubt she'll see a buff, she's one of those cases where because she used to be strong and broken, they're scared of buffing. So they'd rather have her be irrelevant than broke.

Thresh has alot more utility than Blitzcrank. Yeah Blitz can grab, but that's about it. He's not an effective shield because he has no real threat.

Thresh on the other hand, can AoE displace/interrupt with his E, his Q disables an enemy for a good 1.5 seconds or so while they're chained, his W is a great defensive skill that can disengage an ally in danger with a little over twice the flashing distance to it, and his ultimate is an amazing slow that can hit multiple people.

If you're doing good with Blitzcrank, you can probably shift over to Thresh easily. If you plan on ranking, definitely pick up Thresh.

zkylon

zkylewd

i think straight buff is pretty hard, but she'll probably get mini reworked again someday
ac
this rework was just a flat out failure

the thing about blitz vs thresh is that thresh is a rounded out champion that has many tools at his disposal to peel for his carries, enable ganks and save people with lantern, zone with ult and catch people with q. his damage isn't what it used to, but he can still trade with autos thanks to the e passive

blitz is just a hook. he's one spell, the rest of his kit is just supplementary to his hook and mostly useless in every other situation. all you can do with blitzcrank is hook people.

that's why blitz is barely played in lcs while thresh has been a staple for as long as he's existed

still, if someone tells you blitz is a bronze champion they're stupid. i mean, madlife used to main blitz ffs

kenbo

Just a few games in lobby afterwards. If it's a win, I hear nothing. If it is a loss, I get ragged on by everyone. Last game a Viktor on the opposite team in the aftergame lobby was really tearing into Blitz being a bronze champ.

...now I realize the silliness of being upset about what people are saying in the aftergame lobby.....

You get ragged on by your team when you lose because it's very obvious when a blitzcrank fails since he is entirely definable by his grab

Blitz is pretty powerful but tbh it's hard to use him that well since his laning is pretty weak and then if you miss a hook you're useless

faridmon

Thanks guys. I'll just use Sona in lower ranked games and pick someone like Thresh once I reach higher.

I can't believe I'm saying this but jungle Vayne with Devourer is pretty damn good.

How the hell does that work?

Tried Ashe jungle and pretty much fell on my face. Can't imagine an ADC champ playing in jungle.

killatopak

Gold Member
How the hell does that work?

Tried Ashe jungle and pretty much fell on my face. Can't imagine an ADC champ playing in jungle.

You see Vayne gets a lot stronger when she hits faster so devourer is good for her. The Sated passive also makes her on hit proc every 2 hits so she hurts more.

faridmon

You see Vayne gets a lot stronger when she hits faster so devourer is good for her. The Sated passive also makes her on hit proc every 2 hits so she hurts more.

I am tempted to try this out, but I can't imagine ganking would be successful although E should do the trick.

drawkcaB

UN Squadron? A wee lad. I definitely didn't have it at launch. lol. But I did have it, and it was one of my favorite SNES games. To this day, I occasionally hear songs from that amazing sound track in my head.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who played it. Deserves more love than I see it get, despite being on lots of people's top 25 SNES games lists.

edit: this 15-minute non-ranked queue tho

Man, I have misjudged your age. Pretty sure first time I played it was on a friend's SNES and he got his around Zelda's release and just when on this binge of renting games and UN squadron was one of them. I was, I dunno, around 11 at the time. Pretty sure I actually played the game more when I was around 16-17 since I had an N64 and so I was generally bored as shit. I thought you were a good 10 years younger than me, guess not.

And yeah, super solid game. Not sure I'd put it in my top 25 but then again I'd have odd ball choices in there like Ogre Battle and Metal Marines. Really cool how you could buy new jets with different stats, unlock new weapons for each jet. In a way it was years ahead of its time seeing as how every game has unlockables these days in some shape or form.

On a side note, that first year of the SNES was disgusting for releases. Only console I think that comes close (or beats it, opinions and all) for best 1st year is the PS2.

Leezard

While I in general agree with the sentiment that Sona is kind of weak, she does have a place slightly outside the meta; Sona is an excellent counter pick to Janna. If someone blind picks Janna you can just pick Sona and steam roll the lane.
Since Janna is such a popular pick right now that happens every so often.

Edit:Newt knows what's up.
Sona wrecks against Janna and Soraka tho.

Leezard

That's why you have to take the initiative and flash engage. Nevertheless, the bot lane steam roll is often enough to get ahead enough that you can just start rotating and straight out win.

jerd

Pretty much on the daily in gold i hear shit like gragas isn't a tank/doesn't have cc, pre nerf tank ekko is garbage, Nunu is a worthless champ, shen can't support, etc etc.

You'll just realize soon that pretty much nobody you'll play with knows what they're talking about and the best response is generally "lol XD" bc there is literally nothing you can say to them to change their mind

For the record tank ekko is still broken

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Uh, Sona is fine and still has the potential to be completely oppressive in lane. You guys are so weird sometimes.

Sofo

How good is Bard atm? I never got to play him after the immense buffs to his AA and meeps, but I had a lot of fun with him when he came out! Although to be honest, lately I've been feeling like I wanted to play Diana after seeing a couple streamers, she seems fun but I'm not sure mid is my cup of tea yet.

killatopak

Gold Member
Bard is great right now but he's one of the champs that has a high skill ceiling and a not so easy skill floor.

His Ult and magical journey can make or break team fights into your favor.

Sofo

Bard is great right now but he's one of the champs that has a high skill ceiling and a not so easy skill floor.

His Ult and magical journey can make or break team fights into your favor.

Yeah, I guess! I remember quite some useless ults that I threw back in the day ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom