• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
the god hand

5LEzr2h.jpg

so much fun

Bacon

I really, really like playing Kalista. Probably spent 5 hours in teambuilder yesterday just playing her exclusively. It feels so good to win trades with her as you dance around dodging skillshots and picking the right windows to throw your support into the fray. I don't think that there is an adc more fun and engaging to play in the game. Maybe Draven, but I'm completely trash with him so I never play him.

Ashhong

I really, really like playing Kalista. Probably spent 5 hours in teambuilder yesterday just playing her exclusively. It feels so good to win trades with her as you dance around dodging skillshots and picking the right windows to throw your support into the fray. I don't think that there is an adc more fun and engaging to play in the game. Maybe Draven, but I'm completely trash with him so I never play him.

Her extremely slow attack animation makes it hard to get used to. I definitely want to be able to play her properly, but don't wanna lose in ranked and don't want to waste time in normals lol

Was really ahead as graves yesterday, like 8-1, so I went hurricane after IE. I love that item. So much fun even just seeing the three shots come out. Wish the item was more viable. Does it give triple the life steal if combined with Bt?

Bacon

Her extremely slow attack animation makes it hard to get used to. I definitely want to be able to play her properly, but don't wanna lose in ranked and don't want to waste time in normals lol

Yeah I see where you are coming from, she's just a champion I was determined to at least get competent with so I just set aside yesterday to practice with her in normals. I'm at the point where normals feels like a total waste of time but there was no way I was going to pick Kalista in ranked without practicing with her first. I'm still not sure that I'm confident enough to pick her in ranked.

Newt

I feel like Kalista is a pretty situational pick. She doesn't do well against champions like Irelia or Zed.

Ashhong

I feel like Kalista is a pretty situational pick. She doesn't do well against champions like Irelia or Zed.

But she can always do competent in lane and is able to destroy any adc I feel like, if played correctly. Plus her ult provides a long ass cc for when zed or irelia jump on her ass. Is there any adc that is good againsy irelia or zed? Maybe graves..

Newt

But she can always do competent in lane and is able to destroy any adc I feel like, if played correctly. Plus her ult provides a long ass cc for when zed or irelia jump on her ass. Is there any adc that is good againsy irelia or zed? Maybe graves..
She can't always do competent in lane. She actually has quite a few matchups she gets annihilated on.

As for Irelia/Zed decent picks are Sivir and the dash champs like Graves/Corki.

Nev

Banned

Which ADC does well against Irelia? If the enemy has her you're forced to pick an ADC with a dash (that's like 5 out of 20) or you have automatic handicap. That's how good this game's balance is. Hell you don't even need a Cancerelia in the equation, the most used ADCs are those with a dash already because with retarded champions like J4, Vi and the stupid mobility everyone have nowadays, picking an ADC/mage without escape is borderline reportable.

Edwardo

Ya I think Jinx would be the only adc I play regularly that doesn't have some kind of dash or escape or whatever.

This season my most played are Cait, Lucian, Ezreal, and Corki. I just feel like I'm putting myself at a disadvantage if I don't have some easy way to reposition myself in a fight.

Ew, now that I'm looking at those adcs I feel gross.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wouldnt kalista be great against irelia? she get's to grab her support and pull it back into peeling for her. no other adc gets peel in solo queue!

Moblity-less ADCs are just bad as a whole, only Sivir and Jinx can hang out in the meta

Doesn't help that Graves is good again, fuck that little shit
wouldnt kalista be great against irelia? she get's to grab her support and pull it back into peeling for her. no other adc gets peel in solo queue!
Vayne

Edwardo

I'm kinda bummed I lost my undefeated streak with Lulu this season the other day. I want say it doesn't count because our Rammus was afk most of the game, but I don't think we were going to win the match regardless.

drawkcaB

Movespeed quints are atrociously bad on Skarner. Heavy item gating shuts him out from building offensively outside of jungle item upgrade/Trinity Force, so you need the power AS quints give.

I had a feeling you were going to chime in the second I clicked submit reply.

I don't use MS quints on Skarner either, I use attack speed quints as well. I just picked a champion with more move speed than Nautilus who you often see using MS quints pretty much out of a hat. I've moved away from MS quints on all my junglers, even Hecarim. They just don't feel good to me anymore.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

I don't use MS quints on Skarner either, I use attack speed quints as well. I just picked a champion with more move speed than Nautilus who you often see using MS quints pretty much out of a hat. I've moved away from MS quints on all my junglers, even Hecarim. They just don't feel good to me anymore.
a 345ms champion would just get an extra 1.9ms over naut from the quints. base ms is a terrible place to hang your hat on using the quints.

drawkcaB

a 345ms champion would just get an extra 1.9ms over naut from the quints. base ms is a terrible place to hang your hat on using the quints.

I'm not sure why you guys are harping on about this, I've been very clear that I don't use MS quints on anyone.

Seeing as how MS quints are additively multiplied to the base MS, yes more base MS means more mileage out of them. Next you're going to tell me that "I shouldn't hang my hat" on base mana regen to determine the effectiveness of +%base mana regen items. The effect of MS quints being small because the range of champions' base MS is small is irrelevant to how they fundamentally work.

Further, in the specific example of Skarner (whom I assume you're referring to when using 345ms in your example) his gap closer is an MS boost compared to Nautilus whose gap closer is much, much less dependent on movement speed. Skarner displacement CC is dependent on his movement speed. Skarner will, without doubt, get more out of MS quints than Nautilus. Again, I don't condone the use of MS quints on Skarner.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Alright dumb question from a new player (to this game). Why are the champions I can choose in games not the same as the ones which are supposed to be the current free rotation? All I can choose from is a group containing Ashe, Wukong, and Shyvana, none of which are the current rotation? Is it because I'm low level and this is a beginner heroes group or what? Can't find any info about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Alright dumb question from a new player (to this game). Why are the champions I can choose in games not the same as the ones which are supposed to be the current free rotation? All I can choose from is a group containing Ashe, Wukong, and Shyvana, none of which are the current rotation? Is it because I'm low level and this is a beginner heroes group or what? Can't find any info about it.

yeah, players below level 12 (i think was 12) get a special free rotation for beginners

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I know. I was just speaking generally for anyone who might still be using them.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I'm not sure why you guys are harping on about this, I've been very clear that I don't use MS quints on anyone.
you made an argument as to why naut wouldn't use ms quints compared to other champions, it was a bad argument.

Seeing as how MS quints are additively multiplied to the base MS, yes more base MS means more mileage out of them. Next you're going to tell me that "I shouldn't hang my hat" on base mana regen to determine the effectiveness of +%base mana regen items. The effect of MS quints being small because the range of champions' base MS is small is irrelevant to how they fundamentally work.
the fact that champions' base MS range is small is entirely relevant to your argument that nautilus's low movement speed is why he shouldn't take them over a higher MS champion. a difference of 1-3ms is going to be irrelevant to 99.99999~ of gameplay situations, so it's foolish to pretend that high base ms champions benefit significantly more from them.

Further, in the specific example of Skarner (whom I assume you're referring to when using 345ms in your example) his gap closer is an MS boost compared to Nautilus whose gap closer is much, much less dependent on movement speed. Skarner displacement CC is dependent on his movement speed. Skarner will, without doubt, get more out of MS quints than Nautilus. Again, I don't condone the use of MS quints on Skarner.
i specifically did not mention skarner so you wouldn't get your panties bunched up about it, but apparently you're fairly committed to that.

in your own words: "I just picked a champion with more move speed than Nautilus ", so why are you still talking about skarner.

Tizoc

Now that Ruby Crystal can be built into Giant's Belt, do you think something similar should be done for BF Sword and NL Rod?
Like 2 Long Swords (720 G) can be built into BF Sword, and Blasting Wand (860 G) can be built into NL Rod.

zkylon

zkylewd
Now that Ruby Crystal can be built into Giant's Belt, do you think something similar should be done for BF Sword and NL Rod?
Like 2 Long Swords (720 G) can be built into BF Sword, and Blasting Wand (860 G) can be built into NL Rod.
nope!

very important for laning that someone with a bf sword or nlr can bully out someone with shittier items

the cloth armor thing is there because people (often) build resistances reactively, so if you buy a ruby crystal and if suddenly their fiddle got fed off a gank or whatever you can turn your ruby crystal into an aegis instead of the randuins you were rushing (or whatever).

damage on the other hand is always the same, you always build tons of ap

garath

No. I kind of like the hard choices for the damage item. Save for the big one or pick up some intermediate items.

I like the progression of the defensive items though.

Tizoc

Fair enough points.

Well I got another win as Supp Sona, my plan right now is
Get Supp role in Ranked
If someone else calls supp, I try to plead with them and if it don't work, I exit the client
Play something else after the 5 min. block or go back into Ranked
Repeat to get Sona to carry me from this Bronze Hell

Bacon

Fair enough points.

Well I got another win as Supp Sona, my plan right now is
Get Supp role in Ranked
If someone else calls supp, I try to plead with them and if it don't work, I exit the client
Play something else after the 5 min. block or go back into Ranked
Repeat to get Sona to carry me from this Bronze Hell

You better start learning a support that can carry a team at that elo. Don't think Sona is going to cut it for you, especially with this meta.

Tizoc

You better start learning a support that can carry a team at that elo. Don't think Sona is going to cut it for you, especially with this meta.

Been doing good as Supp Sona so far and I'd rather stick to something I'm comfortable with TBH =3

Jeff-DSA

This stupid DJ Sona skin is directly responsible for losing me several matches. The "I'm only playing Sona because I paid for this skin and I am going to use it, dang it" crown still hasn't shrunk down yet, so there's a lot of terrible Sona supports ruining the bot lane right now.

Tizoc

This stupid DJ Sona skin is directly responsible for losing me several matches. The "I'm only playing Sona because I paid for this skin and I am going to use it, dang it" crown still hasn't shrunk down yet, so there's a lot of terrible Sona supports ruining the bot lane right now.

Sucks to hear, personally I'd switch to Arcade Sona if it like went on sale or something :p
In your case, if someone picks Sona, look up their match history, if they lost lots of matches as Sona, just dodge.

Anyone else ever get real tired of this game sometimes? I'm on a pretty big losing streak which doesn't help things. Last two weeks just seem to either be playing poorley or paired up with poor matchups. Just getting tired of it all.

I've been playing for the last few years now. I started out in Bronze 3 and worked my way up to Silver 1. Then this season and nothing seems to be going right. I've slid back to silver 3.

Just don't seem to be making any progress and feeling tired of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom