• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been playing mostly aram lately, combined with some off-meta picks (AP Jax was hilariously fun and effective) in normals. Feels good to just have fun and not focus on winning.

garath

Retreat to the safety of teambuilder. Normal drafts have gotten so weirdly serious lately.

I wish Teambuilder had a "fill" type of option. Or a multi-role choice. I just really like draft over any sort of blind pick.

Oh well. I should probably just play ranked. Who cares if I lose. Surely 4-5 games a week (one a day lol) is enough to stay in practice for ranked haha.

Jeff-DSA

Hmm.. that makes sense. The one guy did say he had to win. Maybe that's what brought the other trolls out. Purposefully throwing for him. Either way, it has not improved normals in the slightest :(

I wish that they would implement a toxic ghetto and just make toxic players only play with other toxic players until they could prove that they can play nice. Low priority queues or bans to normal play don't really fix the problem. If you're constantly getting reported, you should only be allowed to play with people who are similar.

Ah, so Blitz is not hard, you just need teamwork, coordiation, and a glue to your own tower! Gotcha. That will surely work in random rankeds where Junglers are so on top of the game all the time :D
(Edit: not to mention, if Blizz times his agression right, he CAN hook you when you are moving backwards, in case he times this between two minion waves so you cant even retreat safely.)

Not to mention your support who needs to understand what is happening too, if you leave her/him behind, support is guaranteed to be picked off the moment she gets behind.

I'm not a "Blitz is easy to deal with guy," like so many around here are. I think he's a massive pain in the butt and I ban him. I'm just letting you know what you have to do, but not claiming that it's easy at all. It's not. You do those things and hope your teammates do the right thing as well. Blitzcrank is a stupid champion. He can be super behind all game, but one lucky hook causes everything to shift in the late game, especially at a dragon or baron fight.

shilin made a patreon too: https://www.patreon.com/shilin

she's an amazing artist that's made the new sona splash and some great fanart and her non-league stuff is pretty beast too

also these are the upcoming sales according to mysterious reddit dude

3/13: Bioforge Darius, Midnight Ahri, Ruthless Pantheon
3/17: Dreadknight Garen, Glacial Malphite, Giant Enemy Crabgot
3/20: Jurassic Cho'Gath, Bandit Sivir, Sorceress Lux
3/24: Lord Mordekaiser, Redeemed Riven, Shadow Evelynn
3/27: Amethyst Ashe, Dragon Slayer Jarvan IV, Tundar Hunter Warwick
3/31: Sandscourge Skarner, Battlecast Vel'Koz, Prestigious LeBlanc

guess i'll get sorceress lux

Is Amethyst Ashe the best Ashe skin?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Solo normal draft is probably the worst mode in this game lol

No idea how you put up with that shit. Just play ranked, fuck points.

It used to be an okay practice environment last season but I guess everyone wants to practice a certain role just goes to teambuilder to make sure they get it everytime. That, coupled with putting toxic ranked players into normals has just caused a drop in quality.

But yea, best practice is just to play ranked and learn from your losses and try to improve.

garath

shilin made a patreon too: https://www.patreon.com/shilin

she's an amazing artist that's made the new sona splash and some great fanart and her non-league stuff is pretty beast too

also these are the upcoming sales according to mysterious reddit dude

3/13: Bioforge Darius, Midnight Ahri, Ruthless Pantheon
3/17: Dreadknight Garen, Glacial Malphite, Giant Enemy Crabgot
3/20: Jurassic Cho'Gath, Bandit Sivir, Sorceress Lux
3/24: Lord Mordekaiser, Redeemed Riven, Shadow Evelynn
3/27: Amethyst Ashe, Dragon Slayer Jarvan IV, Tundar Hunter Warwick
3/31: Sandscourge Skarner, Battlecast Vel'Koz, Prestigious LeBlanc

guess i'll get sorceress lux

damn. Not a single Fizz skin in there. Sadness

Solo normal draft is probably the worst mode in this game lol

No idea how you put up with that shit. Just play ranked, fuck points.

Truthfully, it's awful. I think I will just ranked from now on. Probably going to be demoted back to Silver for a time but at least I won't have to put up with normals anymore.

Nope, Marauder.

Maurader second best. Heartseeker best. Maurader doesn't even look like Ashe.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That's what a Rito employee would say to divert attention.

(Can you get me tickets to Tallahassee mid season event? Friends and I are probably gonna drive up :p.)

Leezard

So Korean characters simply become invisible? Not cool.
ad1afa3575911a545a75513fd0b3c6b6.png

Malphite has gotten popular lately.

I think Diana's on a stealthy road back to relevance. Been holding at >51% win rate in solo queue for some time, and I've seen a few Diamond/Challenger mid (or top) laners try her with success. Even one or two picks in the pro scene (okay, LPL picks, which only half-count). When the next round of nerfs hits (I predict Vi, Jinx, Sejuani, probably Katarina again, possibly Nidalee, possibly Irelia) she should become a noted force.

Newt

I think Diana's on a stealthy road back to relevance. Been holding at >51% win rate in solo queue for some time, and I've seen a few Diamond/Challenger mid (or top) laners try her with success. Even one or two picks in the pro scene (okay, LPL picks, which only half-count). When the next round of nerfs hits (I predict Vi, Jinx, Sejuani, probably Katarina again, possibly Nidalee, possibly Irelia) she should become a noted force.
Yeah, Diana is fine.

Edwardo

Team WE is gonna be using an alternate roster for IEM.

Zhenming “Aluka” Peng (Top)

Dayun “Spirit” Lee (Jungle)

Su “Xiye” Han-Wei (Mid)

Jin “Mystic” Seong-jun (ADC)

Zhe “YuZhe” Zhang (Support)

Pancakes

TSM wins
"Lol they just beat subs"

TSM loses
"Lol they lost to subs"

Maddness

I wish Riot would go Gran Turismo on ranked. It would be amazing if you actually had to get a license or certification to play a lane. If you haven't passed the JNG cert and have your ranked JNG license, then you can't pick JNG.

It would make ranked so much better. I can dream though.

I wish Riot would go Gran Turismo on ranked. It would be amazing if you actually had to get a license or certification to play a lane. If you haven't passed the JNG cert and have your ranked JNG license, then you can't pick JNG.

I agree.
Atleast it is better than cs go where you can download the game and just start playing ranked.

Why would you nerf sejuani, she still cant 1vs1

Talents

Banned

What happens if no one on the team has a certificate for a certain lane?

zkylon

zkylewd
Is Amethyst Ashe the best Ashe skin?

heartseeker by far

Can you please nerf Vi I'm getting sick of this point and click CC bullshit.
she's getting nerfs tonight's patch

nidalee too

katarina is only big one left on the chopping block (and probably more lissandra)

maybe graves, graves is stupid. i don't like graves

i liked her top with roa into nashors and then abyss/zhonyas but i don't have much of a reasoning about it, i just always liked playing tanky nashors diana for some reason, even if it doesn't make a bit of sense

luden's echo sounds to me like a class-wide buff to mages so i'm thinking we'll be seeing lots more of xerath and orianna soon

Newt

heartseeker by far

maybe graves, graves is stupid. i don't like graves

i liked her top with roa into nashors and then abyss/zhonyas but i don't have much of a reasoning about it, i just always liked playing tanky nashors diana for some reason, even if it doesn't make a bit of sense
No.

Yes.

No.

V_Arnold

I'm not a "Blitz is easy to deal with guy," like so many around here are. I think he's a massive pain in the butt and I ban him. I'm just letting you know what you have to do, but not claiming that it's easy at all. It's not. You do those things and hope your teammates do the right thing as well. Blitzcrank is a stupid champion. He can be super behind all game, but one lucky hook causes everything to shift in the late game, especially at a dragon or baron fight.

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I do not think he is *impossible* to play against, but he is REALLY really unforgiving in case you make one mistake. I can play good 99% of the time, but the rest of the 1% is what will matter. But as you can see with previous posts, people make it sound like it is all about "being behind minions.". No, its not.

sleepykyo

game auto drops and you join a new room.

Keep in mind your opponents are going to be certified as well. You're waiting longer for essentially the same scenario. Seems like a better option would be starting your own team.

Not to mention the hilarity when the only certified support went mid and the game has to disband.

zkylon

zkylewd
my modem died (my whole fucking computer is falling apart apparently) so no luden's echo for me until friday

fml

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I do not think he is *impossible* to play against, but he is REALLY really unforgiving in case you make one mistake. I can play good 99% of the time, but the rest of the 1% is what will matter. But as you can see with previous posts, people make it sound like it is all about "being behind minions.". No, its not.

the problem i think most people have is that they see blitz miss the hook and don't do anything, they just go back to farming

if you're not going aggressive when blitz hook is down (seriously it's essentially 2v1 at that point) then you're not playing good 99% of the time

have some fashion sense dude

well i never said it was good build or anything -__-

Jeff-DSA

Blitz hook has such a long CD, but people act as if he's a Thresh with 40% CDR

When it comes to consequence, one Blitz hook is 10 times more likely to get you killed than one Thresh hook.

Eventual Katarina nerfs will be interesting. I don't think she's going to get a true nerf rather than some power shuffling around on her abilities. Her ult is super easy to dodge and interrupt, but it hits EVERYBODY until someone takes care of it. I think maybe giving her mana would fix a lot and put her ult on a longer cooldown. I don't see why Katarina is based entirely on CDs rather than mana management. Her Q would need to do extra damage to minions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom