• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Any tips for not throwing?
Recognize which objectives you can take with map control that expose you to the least amount of danger. Establish vision control that preempts enemy movement so you can react properly, because this also sets up pick potential and helps contain them.

Jeff-DSA

Biggest one for me is to not chase kills. It happens way too often. If you have an early lead, capitalize them and don't let them reach late game where the lead doesn't matter as much.

Nothing bugs me more during League than when a teammate or two, or three, or four chase after an escaping support (that they won't catch anyway) through the jungle instead of taking a tower or dragon after a big fight. At very least they could have backed and bought some stuff. Instead the other team is back up, has bought, and comes out at full strength and we've not taken a tower, used the chance to ward up the jungle (and sweep), or spend our gold.

In short, take objectives when you have the time to. Always. Objectives > kills and it will force them into a defensive game where you can establish and control vision and other objectives.

I think a line for codes would work better. PAX Prime was insane: Rioters would stand in the LCS room between games or walk around the convention centre and people would just surround them. The Rioters would ask trivia questions to those standing the closest, give out a handful of codes, and then leave everyone else empty-handed.

I was pretty lucky to get my codes: ran into a couple Rioters in quiet areas. If only MF was viable in the meta.

Newt

I think a line fode codes would work better. PAX Prime was insane: Rioters would stand in the LCS room between games or walk around the convention centre and people would just surround them. The Rioters would ask trivia questions to those standing the closest, give out a handful of codes, and then leave everyone else empty-handed.

I was pretty lucky to get my codes: ran into a couple Rioters in quiet areas. If only MF was viable in the meta.
She was very viable during that time.

Jeff-DSA

She was very viable during that time.

It's dumb how hard she has fallen off. I stupidly played her recently in ranked and was 8-0-2 in lane. Finished 11-6-8 and lost because she has no hope in the late game when all these ridiculously mobile champions get 3-4 complete items. Oh, and they had a Nasus, so screw it, she can't kite him before he can eventually catch her and kill her.

Jeff-DSA

Dang, yo. I need to talk to my PAX going friends and get a Vel'Koz code. I don't have the champ and have almost picked him up a few times. Been saving the IP for Bard though.

Seattle, Washington (PAX Prime, PAX Dev)
Boston, Massachusetts (PAX East)
Melbourne, Victoria (PAX Australia)
San Antonio, Texas (PAX South)

The-Wizard-California.png

I have obtained oh about...50ish League of Legends Arclight Vel'koz skin codes

They expire on the 13th of this month. If you PM me asking for one, I likely will not give you anything but coal in your stocking.

You don't know me, and I don't know you.

But I want that code. I am willing to pay with entertainment.

Ocho

I went to PAX South and I live in Mexico. It was ok. I don't think they offered codes there, though (could be wrong). Couldn't get into Riot's event or whatever, line was 'full' when I got there.

The Arclight Vel'Koz codes were in the PAX East swag bags. Riot Kayle was the other they were giving away. I got both of them.

Oh yeah they would've saved a lot of trouble if they included the codes in the swag bags. They were so disappointing at Prime last year: eye drops, bunch of ads, and a deck of Magic cards. I saw a lot of people dumping the whole bag and just keeping the cards.

I'm not sure if I want to go this year since the lines for anything were insane. Maybe if there was a playable Zelda demo.

Kenai

It's dumb how hard she has fallen off. I stupidly played her recently in ranked and was 8-0-2 in lane. Finished 11-6-8 and lost because she has no hope in the late game when all these ridiculously mobile champions get 3-4 complete items. Oh, and they had a Nasus, so screw it, she can't kite him before he can eventually catch her and kill her.

There's so many little things they could do for her. Lower the cost of her E, let her keep running while activating E, add a stack of Impure Shots on her Q, let her ult scale better with AD, let her passive not fall off by minion attacks, let Impure Shots last longer before falling off...none of those would make her OP yet would make her so more well rounded. She has no teamfight mobility or escape so that means she needs some love elsewhere,

I also feel she might be better if she could actually take better advantage of her mixed damage but she can't do that either. none of those current items really suit her well (or they suit someone else much, much better, like Corki and Ez)

Vel'koz does a ton of damage even with support stuff, like Zyra. He just can't do much at all if someone jumps on him (again, like Zyra).
nah, i've played him

he tends to just not do anything if he can't pick up damage items, especially compared to zyra. its why i rarely feel threatened by a velkoz support; he has 0 money which equals 0 items.

Tizoc

Our Mid Teemo rages at Vi because they killstealed the first blood, it all went downhill from there, Teemo raging, our Vi not communicating with pings.
I mean I get I gotta watch the map but sometimes pinging helps, especially when your ADC is brain dead most of the time.

I will post my codes later when I am home; both were already used in NA by me but you guys on other servers should be able to use them, too, right?

Vel'Koz support is decent early game but he does not have the damage or utility to justify not having farm.

Having a supp Vel'Koz is basically turning the game 4v5 after 20 minutes.

Newt

Our Mid Teemo rages at Vi because they killstealed the first blood, it all went downhill from there, Teemo raging, our Vi not communicating with pings.
I mean I get I gotta watch the map but sometimes pinging helps, especially when your ADC is brain dead most of the time.
You need to post these games. I would love to watch these EUNE bronze games. Even if they are 60 minutes long.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
aye, but at least it's probably like a 2 or 3 hour flight as opposed to 9... to the east coast :p And probably a quarter of the price.

or like 20 to Australia or whatever it is.
You could probably get to Gamescom or something. I dunno, I would never travel for something as commercial as a video games expo.

Tizoc

You need to post these games. I would love to watch these EUNE bronze games. Even if they are 60 minutes long.

Once I figure out how OBS works I should start recording too lol.
Heres the one with the raging Teemo
http://matchhistory.eune.leagueofle...etails/EUN1/1119692635/205390904?tab=overview

Here's a recent match I lost that's hitting home to me how EUNE ADCs are brain dead in Bronze Hell
http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/1119722872/205390904
WW and Kata argued all match and that early nonsense escalated and cost us the game, only our Nida could've carried us but if she had some better communication we could've done better and won.
I don't see much use on WW having armor pen too tbh >_>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom