• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you save 2600 on the sunfire, but you lose health and armor compared to a real Sunfire (at least until the bonus health kicks in late game) and also AP/CDR from the Magus enchantment.

Maybe cinderhulk, and then go rylai's as second item. Lose out on the CDR though. Any AP item that gives CDR/AP/tank?
no that would be crazy strong. closest you're gonna get is spirit visage.

Nekofrog

Banned
i dont get how you can not be playing this game when your champion that you've been so steadfast with is slowly becoming a thing

Bacon

I got out and I finally got time to play other games.

Finished transistor the other night.

Sounds so nice. Most single player games just don't do it for me anymore. Whenever I'm playing one I just feel like I'm losing time that I could be playing league

Achtius

i dont get how you can not be playing this game when your champion that you've been so steadfast with is slowly becoming a thing

But most pro, if not all, who played Viktor lost in NA/EU LCS

Sounds so nice. Most single player games just don't do it for me anymore. Whenever I'm playing one I just feel like I'm losing time that I could be playing league

I am sorry.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Just came back from surfing and paintballing and I'm really sore. I wonder how well im gonna do for my promos.

And I just queued with a premade bot of leona and vayne against lucian and braum. woo

BraXzy

Get out while you still can!

Don't worry, it isn't permanent! I'm a Dota 2 player (don't hurt me) so I'm still 'in' per say. I wanted to finally try the game out since a few family and friends are mad about it. I skipped the tutorial because I think it bugged out on me or I skipped ahead and broke it or something.

Most general knowledge of MOBAs carries over which is nice. A few things that initially feel very alien: No TPs, extra abilities, no courier among other things. It's interesting though, I didn't think I'd like it at all. I went 33-2 which I guess isn't that impressive against bots.

Just had a OMG/FNC moment. Holy our nexus down to 1 hit... and we win. LMAO.

Their rumble tp in too for last hit but got chain cc.. like even the same ass champ.

Negaduck

Don't worry, it isn't permanent! I'm a Dota 2 player (don't hurt me) so I'm still 'in' per say. I wanted to finally try the game out since a few family and friends are mad about it. I skipped the tutorial because I think it bugged out on me or I skipped ahead and broke it or something.

Most general knowledge of MOBAs carries over which is nice. A few things that initially feel very alien: No TPs, extra abilities, no courier among other things. It's interesting though, I didn't think I'd like it at all. I went 33-2 which I guess isn't that impressive against bots.

I jump between dota and league every now and then, any questions you have or any roles you prefer in dota and type of characters you like in dota or might like in league?

Talents

Banned
It feels so good going on a win streak in ranked. Started Plat 2 27 lp today, ended Plat 1.

Incoming the 10 games loss streak.

Ambition

Garen is so fucking annoying
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

BraXzy

I jump between dota and league every now and then, any questions you have or any roles you prefer in dota and type of characters you like in dota or might like in league?

Hmm, I have questions I'm just not sure what they are.. if that makes sense xD

I usually play carry roles/offlane roles in Dota 2.. I don't know how that translates.

Is there a way to click on another player in-game and view their abilities? Every time I see someone new who does something I want to see what they did but it looks like just items and stats are viewable?

Negaduck

Toplane is more often off laneish. You kinda stay in lane and farm up. League has a more structured lane roles as opposed to dota. 99% of the time its tank kinda top, ap(magic/caster skywrath) or ad assassin (insta kill champs that are squsishy, slark/Riki) jungler (usually a champ with lower cooldowns and some form of sustain) and bottom lane is a support champion (veno/cm) and a ranged ad carry (drow/sniper)

If you are used to carrying there are a few hyper carries in the game that once they get going they get super strong. Zed is a great hyper carry if you like a tricky ninja dude.

One thing that is different is that not every champion had mana. And abilities scale on things like attack damage,magic damage(ability power) health and armor.

Unfortunately you can't see much when you click on another character (champions in league, its a dumb thing but people in league go nuts for calling them the wrong thing).

BraXzy

Ooh I have a question.. Is cast animation and backswing cancelling a thing in this game? I keep mini-moving after each attack out of habit but I can't tell if it is affecting anything :L

Ooh I have a question.. Is cast animation and backswing cancelling a thing in this game? I keep mini-moving after each attack out of habit but I can't tell if it is affecting anything :L
Backswing cancelling I assume is cancelling the wind down animations of auto attacks by moving?

If so yes they are a thing and are important as shit

Ashhong

Isn't that called orb walking in Dota? It's a thing here. Click to move as soon as the auto animation is done so you can kite/chase/position better

BraXzy

Backswing cancelling I assume is cancelling the wind down animations of auto attacks by moving?

If so yes they are a thing and are important as shit

Isn't that called orb walking in Dota? It's a thing here. Click to move as soon as the auto animation is done so you can kite/chase/position better

Sweet good to know, I will continue to use that habit.

Which champ would you suggest I stick with from the free pool? It really irritates me that it's so limited without paying :(

I don't get why they nerfed Akali so hard and left Katarina untouched when they're basically the same character.

Akali is so much cooler. :( Her ult barely out-ranges her E now (which is useless now that it doesn't pop the mark btw).

Achtius

I don't get why they nerfed Akali so hard and left Katarina untouched when they're basically the same character.

Akali is so much cooler. :( Her ult barely out-ranges her E now (which is useless now that it doesn't pop the mark btw).

because some people don't buy pink ward.

Negaduck

Backswing is important but to me it feels less important than dota.

There aren't any orb effects in league and things like frost arrow (closest thing to orb in leave and I believe only move) don't let you cast like a spell and orb walk that way, it just toggles auto cast on and off.

There isn't really any orb walking in league.

Weekly champ rotation will let you try a lot of champs. At the later game when you (if you) play ranked runes will be kinda important (a bit) but don't worry about that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What's Akali's winrate at now? I've only played her a couple times since the nerfs. She feels pretty bad right now.

She was supposed to carry me to plat this season ;__;

What's Akali's winrate at now? I've only played her a couple times since the nerfs. She feels pretty bad right now.

She was supposed to carry me to plat this season ;__;

She's still above 45%, so she's not terrible by any means. Her damage output is ridiculous with just one item. But it's so easy to abuse her early game and delay that item to the point where it's irrelevant.

Jeff-DSA

Oh man, the team we just beat fell apart so hard and just started going at each others' throats. So many requests to report each other, it was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom