• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to jump on the Sej train soon.

I've been absolutely wrecking bot lane with Karma recently. If I do even somewhat decently, we get easy lane control. If I do well, the enemy ADC is forced to recall or die every 3 or 4 minutes. She shouldn't work this well but apparently no one knows how to handle her in silver/gold.

Karma punishes bad positioning like Blitz. She also does a surprising amount of damage and is a rare pick so people underestimate her.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea, kat is stupid, i don't know why she hasn''t been actually nerfed yet, like a real nerf, not that crappy passive thing

her kit is dumb so she needs a rework imo u know

Talents

Banned
I've never had problems with Kat. I went against 2 in my last 2 ranked matches. I just picked Xerath and destroyed their team. She's not that difficult to play against, although it is annoying when you spam ping missing and she goes bot and gets a double. Then you get a "Omg why didn't you follow" while I'm destroying her tower.

Edwardo

LAN'd some ranked 5s last night with a group of friends. It was really fun with us all in the same room. We were on a roll too until more ppl showed up and the internet started lagging us out.

Support is a ton of fun with a full squad and communication. It was nice that I had played with our AD Carry a few times before, so we were pretty much on the same page a lot of the time.

The team is only in Bronze, so we were up against a bunch of strange comps and ideas, but it was fun either way. Hope we do it again soon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
nobody at any elo wants to play against a kat.
I don't really see Katarina bans honestly. Not that I don't think she's strong but I just don't see the bans coming out against it.
Good point. Also if sej is auto ban it's only a matter of time until she's nerfed, which would put other tanks in a better position.
I would say Nautilus is positioned pretty poorly compared to other rising tanks still. Nunu and Malphite are current powerhouses that are still under the radar. Mummy and Cho'gath also have lots of room for growth, and Maokai is still around. Volibear has rapidly emerged as the anti-tank tank. Gragas is largely unnoticed at the moment but extremely powerful. I think there are core design issues with Nautilus in particular that have a tendency to make him unreliable. His anchor grab in particular has a number of issues with hitboxes and interrupts.

Sande

A GAFfer I play with uses Karma, do you go for an AP build? Her abilities do fuckton damage if you invest in AP.
Yeah, I go for AP. I think there are better options if you want to be tanky. There's also the "focus only adc and mid!!1!" bronze mentality so no one even cares about me in team fights. Karma can also use her skills pretty safely from the back line.

Karma punishes bad positioning like Blitz. She also does a surprising amount of damage and is a rare pick so people underestimate her.
Her level 1 damage definitely seems to throw people off. I'm usually very aggressive early on and try to establish a substantial lead as fast as possible.

Tizoc

Wow, Xerath's charged laser beam ability is whack, such a safe poke move.
Yeah, I go for AP. I think there are better options if you want to be tanky. There's also the "focus only adc and mid!!1!" bronze mentality so no one even cares about me in team fights. Karma can also use her skills pretty safely from the back line.

Her level 1 damage definitely seems to throw people off. I'm usually very aggressive early on and try to establish a substantial lead as fast as possible.

You can also use Karma in Top as well, I believe someone in this thread mentioned it.

garath

Dammit. I just wanted to play some league again but my internet keeps cutting out. Cable company can't get a tech out until Monday. This sucks.

At least I get to watch some spotty IEM.

Tizoc

Dammit. I just wanted to play some league again but my internet keeps cutting out. Cable company can't get a tech out until Monday. This sucks.

At least I get to watch some spotty IEM.

Do you know how to activate Hotspot? Basically turning your iPhone into a 'modem/router', and your laptop/PC connects to it to use the internet.

Edwardo

Do you know how to activate Hotspot? Basically turning your iPhone into a 'modem/router', and your laptop/PC connects to it to use the internet.

Doesn't that cost money to run? I always considered it, but couldn't since I barely get 1 bar of service in my house.

Tizoc

Doesn't that cost money to run? I always considered it, but couldn't since I barely get 1 bar of service in my house.

In my case it barely uses up any memory or extra money to play LoL...just my iPhone's battery, it's what I do sometimes if my net is being wonky.

sleepykyo

Like $5 a month or so. And it tends to be pretty laggy. I remember trying to use my phone as hotspot for a while, but my pings jumped from 50 to 133 minimum with some spiking. Gave in and went back to ATT.

garath

Verizon requires a 20 per month fee to do that. And I'm still limited to 2gigs. Pretty crap deal for something like that :/ but its a good suggestion in a pinch.

Leezard

Like $5 a month or so. And it tends to be pretty laggy. I remember trying to use my phone as hotspot for a while, but my pings jumped from 50 to 133 minimum with some spiking. Gave in and went back to ATT.

Verizon requires a 20 per month fee to do that. And I'm still limited to 2gigs. Pretty crap deal for something like that :/ but its a good suggestion in a pinch.

Wow, is that stuff not free in the US?

It's just a built-in phone function that works for any carrier for me. (Sweden, android).

It works great with 4G internet as well, I've played League with it before without any problems.

Newt

c076705514c983b6999668cfe99b0604.png

I just had the most ridiculous comeback game ever. The other team had all our turrets and inhibs down, including the nexus turrets, as well as baron on one push and 5th dragon on the other, and we still won. We had enough wave clear with me on Sivir and a Vlad that we could take down all the waves, and we won/tied maybe 5 team fights with all our inhibs down to eventually comeback with enough gold to win it.

sgCoYZI.png

I've never had problems with Kat. I went against 2 in my last 2 ranked matches. I just picked Xerath and destroyed their team. She's not that difficult to play against, although it is annoying when you spam ping missing and she goes bot and gets a double. Then you get a "Omg why didn't you follow" while I'm destroying her tower.

Recently I went against a Kat who was dc for the first 5 mintues of the game. If it was any other champ I'd be nice and let them farm, but I didn't want her coming back. Every time I'd bully her out of lane, she'd show up somewhere else and find a double kill (even though I pinged missing).

By the end of the game she was one shotting me. I trust myself not to feed Katarina now, but I don't trust my team mates ever.

zkylon

zkylewd
just got matched against a team with two challengers, a master and two diamonds in a normal game. one of the challengers was the number 1 in ranked in my server

and the guy got tp ganked once and raged for the entire game, calling us tryhard shitters and other fun stuff like that lol

the other challenger player kinda mopped the floor with me mid but i always have trouble playing against zed with ahri and i wanted to try a flask start this game which wasn't the best of ideas in the end.

but yea, pretty funny, guy flaming us all game long and raging in the post-game lobby. kinda hard to believe someone that has played the game for so many games can still get riled up because he got legitimately beaten in a normal game of all things

bokn

Banned
just got matched against a team with two challengers, a master and two diamonds in a normal game. one of the challengers was the number 1 in ranked in my server

and the guy got tp ganked once and raged for the entire game, calling us tryhard shitters and other fun stuff like that lol

the other challenger player kinda mopped the floor with me mid but i always have trouble playing against zed with ahri and i wanted to try a flask start this game which wasn't the best of ideas in the end.

but yea, pretty funny, guy flaming us all game long and raging in the post-game lobby. kinda hard to believe someone that has played the game for so many games can still get riled up because he got legitimately beaten in a normal game of all things
well thats why his normal elo is trash

zkylon

zkylewd
Bard base stats seem baaaaaaaaaad

Most Bard streams I've seen go full tank and still get instantly deleted.

he doesn't seem much worse than thresh?

tho i think thresh has kind of weird stats because of his souls thing but it's the champion i think he compares better to since both are so unique

he doesn't seem much worse than thresh?

tho i think thresh has kind of weird stats because of his souls thing but it's the champion i think he compares better to since both are so unique
They're mostly lower but Thresh has higher potential armor

Bards armor scaling seems to be on the higher end but still

dimb

Bard base stats seem baaaaaaaaaad

Most Bard streams I've seen go full tank and still get instantly deleted.
They look fine to me, if we are just talking about base champion stats. He has very limited defensive options inside of team fights compared to other supports though.

They look fine to me, if we are just talking about base champion stats. He has very limited defensive options inside of team fights compared to other supports though.
That's probably it. I guess I'm just used to having supports with some way to mitigate damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
i do think there's something there, maybe people don't know how to build him or something, cos i've been chunking bards really easy with ahri and lizzy

btw lizzy nerfs are definitely felt, even tho it's kind of a minor number for her since she's not that much about damage now that dfg is dead. she's obviously still super strong and super able to stop assassins on their tracks but she definitely feels weaker, specially her waveclear feels weird now.

That's probably it. I guess I'm just used to having supports with some way to mitigate damage.
yeah, outside of picks he kinda doesn't do anything, three of his spells don't deal damage and the heal is sustain rather than clutch.

i still don't understand the range of his ult, but he feels weak imo. wait and see tho, but that's my first impression of him

dimb

Bard is secondary type mage, not tank. Don't expect him to take a beating. Honestly it's probably a failure of the character design, because it communicates something beefier.

I think Bard's damage with his passive is underestimated. I built Lich Bane on him and a Q + auto was doing 50% to enemy adc. He's sorta like Sona I guess.

I dunno. I hate building tank items on supports that aren't inherently tanky.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bard is secondary type mage, not tank. Don't expect him to take a beating. Honestly it's probably a failure of the character design, because it communicates something beefier.
yeah, that's true, he has a broad silhouette which in league has always been synonym with tankiness

he has a mage support kit for sure, even if, ult aside, the range of his spells is pretty short, the type of initiate or catch he brings doesn't require putting himself in enemy carries range. and since his tunnel or his ult don't scale he doesn't really benefit from building much ap, so i'm guessing just build the same defense-oriented support items as you would build on nami: mikaels, locket, frozen heart, that kind of thing. not that you should almost ever buy ap on a support, but u know, the mejais you'd get on nami or janna is pretty much wasted on him

but yeah i think you're spot on on that his look is a bit confusing given league's stereotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom