• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

Welp, I got to silver. Luckily the other team had all the shitheads on it. My team was a dream. There's no better feeling then having a team that is super well coordinated and positive.

Now time for the gold climb.

Also you can definitely feel the nerfs to sions e in top lane. No more spamming that ability. He still feels strong but this change looks to gear him better for late game rather than being a somewhat lane bully depending on matchup and late game hyper tank. I think it's a smart change overall.

QNpz7Yz.png

Who Should I grab? I've got 7483 IP.

I play everything but mid really.

njean777

So how is Diana looked at these days? I usually always play her mid as her jungle now is just terrible. Usually I do well unless it is against an Ahri, Malth, or Syndra.

Welp, I got to silver. Luckily the other team had all the shitheads on it. My team was a dream. There's no better feeling then having a team that is super well coordinated and positive.

Now time for the gold climb.

Also you can definitely feel the nerfs to sions e in top lane. No more spamming that ability. He still feels strong but this change looks to gear him better for late game rather than being a somewhat lane bully depending on matchup and late game hyper tank. I think it's a smart change overall.

Who Should I grab? I've got 7483 IP.

I play everything but mid really.

I'd say go for Zed. I think he's the most fun champ to play.

edit: Just saw u said that you don't really play mid.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i'm not a big fan of the new ap item

it's not bad but it's essentially a bunch of damage with a new hat

i don't feel like it changes the way i play or that i find myself waiting for the stacks before doing combo'ing or whatever

much less interesting than dfg, and i feel like it's not even that situational

it's not weak or anything, just really boring and unexciting compared to the cool ap items like zhonyas and dfg or even rylais and roa and tear

Ranked is garbage tonight. Had to dodge in the next game. Last pick decides to go Leona top. No, I'm not doing that. WTF?!
I have no idea of the teamcompa here and although it isn't meta, Leona top is extremely strong and probably one of the hardest tanks in the game without dumb support items, masteries and a TP.

Skux

Preliminary stats have Sej at 58% win rate (up from 55%), Naut at 51-52% (up from 48%), and Amumu up slightly from 54% to 55%.

Amzin

So how is Diana looked at these days? I usually always play her mid as her jungle now is just terrible. Usually I do well unless it is against an Ahri, Malth, or Syndra.

Depends where you ask but I think she's very strong, even in the jungle. Someone I know from another forum has like a 68% WR on her going mainly jungle out of a few dozen games in ranked. She's starting to see pro play now too so not sure it'll last :p

Jeff-DSA

I have no idea of the teamcompa here and although it isn't meta, Leona top is extremely strong and probably one of the hardest tanks in the game without dumb support items, masteries and a TP.

It would have been against Nasus. There's no way she was going to deny his stacks.

After dodging I got a fun team and we won despite being behind early.

Won this one. These are the wins that are more fun when they're over. Stressful to have it swing so hard several times. Their support only placed 7 wards all game. Awful.

yjLaOZt.png

Ferga

X8RsL5Z.png

Won a 4v5.

20minutes of just using sion shield to suicide tank mid turrets for my trist to melt them with her E.

Straights up stopped farming or doing anything and became a brick wall for my trist.

Blizzard

Banned
This is a kind of funny gold graph.
It was a 50+ minute win for the BLUE team, which I was on. Note the objectives in the second half of the game. Despite the gold advantage, and 5 dragons and baron on our team, the other team apparently kept growing a gold advantage due to killing endless minion waves with 2+ inhibitors down.

Early game we had an angry Tryndamere and were doing bad, but he kept split pushing like crazy to take down turrets so we ended up with map control, just not gold control.

My one feature request on the summary for Riot would be a ward placement map since I'd love to see where they went. Note the difference in wards for our team, with people upgrading trinkets and 2 sightstones:
wardsx9j3d.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My one feature request on the summary for Riot would be a ward placement map since I'd love to see where they went. Note the difference in wards for our team, with people upgrading trinkets and 2 sightstones:
When you have like 200+ wards placed in a game a summarized map would just be a visual mess, and not super meaningful.

Blizzard

Banned
When you have like 200+ wards placed in a game a summarized map would just be a visual mess, and not super meaningful.
I'd still be interested in seeing it as an option, maybe similar to the death "heat maps" for TF2. Areas with lots of wards placed could be shaded hotter colors, and unwarded areas could be shaded cooler.

dimb

I'd still be interested in seeing it as an option, maybe similar to the death "heat maps" for TF2. Areas with lots of wards placed could be shaded hotter colors, and unwarded areas could be shaded cooler.
TF2 death heat maps were valuable because they often identified locations that were bottlenecks and needed design work. In League most warding is highly situational, based on where enemies and allies are, what objectives are up, what objectives are being planned for, etc. Because there are lots of independent factors that impact where wards are being placed, getting a snapshot of ward coverage alone isn't particularly useful/insightful.

AtticuSMT

Banned
What is peoples general opinions of Bard... At this point one of the people i play with supported with him for about 7-8 games... I really dislike him, alot. But what are people saying? Whats the general consensus?

bokn

Banned
I imagine him to be terrible in solo queue.

His power comes from coordination with his tunnel and his ults. The things you can do with that tunnel is pretty disgusting.
His laning seems weak so imo hes better off in a lane swap 2v1 situation.

Also, wards dont even happen enough for a heatmap to be valuable. especially because warding varies with time and not with location

dimb

I imagine him to be terrible in solo queue.

His power comes from coordination with his tunnel and his ults. The things you can do with that tunnel is pretty disgusting.
His laning seems weak so imo hes better off in a lane swap 2v1 situation.

Also, wards dont even happen enough for a heatmap to be valuable. especially because warding varies with time and not with location
The problem with the tunnel is that it's highly choreographed, and multiple opportunities exist to disrupt champions both inside the tunnel and just as they come out of it. The tunnel is almost designed to be a trap, which is why it's strongest when enemies are using it too. Bard's chime collection and tunnel both require extremely specific positioning that are easy tells that could hurt his competitive potential.

Most of Bard's kit is super situational. Having an ultimate ability with no numbers attached to it that help team fights hurts more than people might realize. Another piece of his kit that's highly situational and also has an easy tell when used from a distance.

Bard will mostly rely on the easy stun and slow combo from his passive and Q. It pretty much plays itself. The stun uptime is really high considering how low Q cooldown can go with CDR. It's like a longer range Taric stun that can hit two targets, comes out faster, and is up twice as often. The meeps slow is actually strong too but it's hard to combo off the back of the stun, because most of the time it wouldn't be worth holding the auto.

I think Bard has the potential to be a very low skill pick. People just try to do really dumb stuff with the ult, the tunnel, and the chimes.

BlazinAm

I agree with a lot of the points you made here. I made a dumb mistake of ulting the enemy support only to realize that my Cait is using her ult. Oops. That was all I could say about it. When I use his ult I my teammates elicit a "was that necessary?" comment about it. His q is really good but I don't understand why it doesn't stun a champion when they are near their tower, I get that doesn't count.

Also they need to clarify his e a bit because I used it to save the inner top tower but creating a tunnel along that wall, which I think is kind ridiculous. As for his chimes I got really lucky in one match where a lot of their appearances were in locations that did not mean I had to leave lane for long. I dunno the mana boost is nice but xp is valued at about one creep so you come up short when going for like three because you'll miss like a wave which is dumb. People shouldn't do that.

Overall I like him but probably because there isn't anything consistent about him so he's fun for me.

bokn

Banned
I agree that bard has a pretty good fall back playstyle with 1.8s stun on a 7s base cd

His lane presence is pretty lackluster though, and both his tunnel and ult have great potential to screw his own team over leading me to think that his solo queue potential is pretty low

I can imagine the tunnels to be pretty potent during the early-game coordinated with a jungler taking it too

and sometimes to do the rotations

BlazinAm

I agree that bard has a pretty good fall back playstyle with 1.8s stun on a 7s base cd

His lane presence is pretty lackluster though, and both his tunnel and ult have great potential to screw his own team over leading me to think that his solo queue potential is pretty low

I can imagine the tunnels to be pretty potent during the early-game coordinated with a jungler taking it too

and sometimes to do the rotations

Yep. :(

Tizoc

Gonna take Skarner for a test run, is Trinity enough of an offensive item on him? I know I'm to go full tank otherwise.

Has anyone played dual jungle with Bard?

Gonna take Skarner for a test run, is Trinity enough of an offensive item on him? I know I'm to go full tank otherwise.

Trinity or IBG are the only offensive items you need on him. Maybe Devourer if that's your thing.

Sande

I've been absolutely wrecking bot lane with Karma recently. If I do even somewhat decently, we get easy lane control. If I do well, the enemy ADC is forced to recall or die every 3 or 4 minutes. She shouldn't work this well but apparently no one knows how to handle her in silver/gold.

Leezard

Sejuani should be one of the priority bans right now, so I don't think she should have an effect on whether Naut etc are playable.

Bacon

Sejuani should be one of the priority bans right now, so I don't think she should have an effect on whether Naut etc are playable.

Good point. Also if sej is auto ban it's only a matter of time until she's nerfed, which would put other tanks in a better position.

Tizoc

I envy you Diamond and Plat. players, all we get to ban are lebonk, kata, jax and yasuo :/

I've been absolutely wrecking bot lane with Karma recently. If I do even somewhat decently, we get easy lane control. If I do well, the enemy ADC is forced to recall or die every 3 or 4 minutes. She shouldn't work this well but apparently no one knows how to handle her in silver/gold.

A GAFfer I play with uses Karma, do you go for an AP build? Her abilities do fuckton damage if you invest in AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom