• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Poor Zed, loses the game. he was 9/0 at one point.
ecc56d836ed400717788721224f2f1d7.png

Snowstorm Sivir is like her second worst skin

Only loses to that Xena skin only Newt has the courage to use
-_-

Kenai

I imagine him to be terrible in solo queue.

His power comes from coordination with his tunnel and his ults. The things you can do with that tunnel is pretty disgusting.

I agree with this. There is almost no way you'll find anyone who is gonna take proper advantage of Bard's kit in soloqueue. He just doesn't make plays on his own. I don't think that makes him bad though, just niche.

zkylon

zkylewd
every time i want to rush luden's on lux or syndra and try it out i get matched against like yasuo or zed or whatever

cant a girl buy an item without being stabbed these days, gee

I agree with this. There is almost no way you'll find anyone who is gonna take proper advantage of Bard's kit in soloqueue. He just doesn't make plays on his own. I don't think that makes him bad though, just niche.
the ult is pretty clutch but yeah most of his kit is very team reliant which makes him less than ideal in yolo q

i want to see him in lcs tho, 2v1s give him free reign to roam and even if he's not the greatest mid ganker he can like deep ward very easily thanks to being like the only support with an escape, plus the ms chimes things

Snowstorm Sivir is like her second worst skin

Only loses to that Xena skin only Newt has the courage to use
you may be wrong, but you're making fun of noot so i'll concede here

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
so if jinx autos w/rockets is the splash damage calculated off the first target or recalculated for everyone in the splash

I'm not aware of any kind of multi/splash target where the damage is based off the primary target. Even stuff like "less damage per subsequent target" is recalculated per target.

Hey Hey!

So, I left League for about 2 months, and damn it has been nice. I feel like I got caught up on tons of other hobbies, backlogs, etc. But now I'm back!

Now let's talk Bard. Wow. He is kinda shit, huh? I had 9000+ IP sitting around, so I bought him up.

Q: Slow as shit, with garbage range
W: Easily his best ability. And how sad is it that it is also his most fun? A damn health pack?
E: I played about 4-5 games and hardly touched this button.
R: I can see it has a ton of uses...I just haven't quite mastered it yet.

Just a boring champion. When I play against him now as Blitz, I get so damn happy. Haven't lost a lane yet against him, no matter who he is with.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just don't understand why you should rush the enchantments after the color upgrade though. Maybe I'm just not seeing the math breakdown of why you should.

well they're all super gold efficient items that are really cheap and have easy build paths and give really good stats

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Placed into Gold 2. Not shabby at all but I dread going through the lower tiers of plat elo.
and yes, can confirm that jinx splash is recalculated for everyone

Kenai

the ult is pretty clutch but yeah most of his kit is very team reliant which makes him less than ideal in yolo q

i want to see him in lcs tho, 2v1s give him free reign to roam and even if he's not the greatest mid ganker he can like deep ward very easily thanks to being like the only support with an escape, plus the ms chimes things

Oh yes he is super cool aesthetically And I LOVE using that ult from fog of war, even once or twice and it puts the fear in em when you are off-screen for the rest of the game. I had my ult ready and our Vi was ready and I ulted 4/5 of their team as they were finishing Baron. Easiest Baron steal/getaway ever.

I wish that there were more items in the game to build that felt right though. Sightstone and Moba boots sure, but the rest...eh. I kinda like Twin Shadows active for gank help and extra jungle invade safety (I help jungler indirectly a lot if I don't need to leave shrines in lane) but tbh even none of the support item trio feel particularly good. It's weird.

Are there lots of OCE players here on GAF? I'm gonna take a vacation out of my country for a long while. Can't play in that region because of region lock so I'm gonna create a new account on OCE.

I'm gonna enjoy doing troll builds.

Kenai

Hey Hey!

So, I left League for about 2 months, and damn it has been nice. I feel like I got caught up on tons of other hobbies, backlogs, etc. But now I'm back!

Now let's talk Bard. Wow. He is kinda shit, huh? I had 9000+ IP sitting around, so I bought him up.

Q: Slow as shit, with garbage range
W: Easily his best ability. And how sad is it that it is also his most fun? A damn health pack?
E: I played about 4-5 games and hardly touched this button.
R: I can see it has a ton of uses...I just haven't quite mastered it yet.

Just a boring champion. When I play against him now as Blitz, I get so damn happy. Haven't lost a lane yet against him, no matter who he is with.

Q I kinda agree it would be nice if the missle speed were faster, W is fine, E has almost as much potential as his ult and I think you might be underestimating it.

I'd say that soloqueue ranked yea he'd be bad (which matters more than anything for most of us I'd guess), but again, a lot of champs (roles even) are like that and still do well in LCS. And I can't call him boring when I need to pay almost as much attention to both jungles as the junglers do. Stressful, maybe? It's not like I can trust very many people to handle a 1 v 2 lane while I am gone, even with shrines.

If they fix anything besides his Q it would maybe been faster passive gain? I agree with zy in that I don't see how anyone will get anywhere near cap in a regular game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I just don't understand why you should rush the enchantments after the color upgrade though. Maybe I'm just not seeing the math breakdown of why you should.
because there are no better items you can build with the same amount of gold.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh yes he is super cool aesthetically And I LOVE using that ult from fog of war, even once or twice and it puts the fear in em when you are off-screen for the rest of the game. I had my ult ready and our Vi was ready and I ulted 4/5 of their team as they were finishing Baron. Easiest Baron steal/getaway ever.

I wish that there were more items in the game to build that felt right though. Sightstone and Moba boots sure, but the rest...eh. I kinda like Twin Shadows active for gank help and extra jungle invade safety (I help jungler indirectly a lot if I don't need to leave shrines in lane) but tbh even none of the support item trio feel particularly good. It's weird.

i think all the supporty support items benefit him relatively fine since he's a backline support, so mikaels is obviously great even if he doesn't sound like he has mana issues (i have actually not played anything but midlane in like a month lol, so can't really say by experience), and then locket/frozen heart just to help out with auras and cap that cdr

twin shadows doesn't sound half bad, tho it's not an easy item to build on a support since its parts are kind of weird. like aether wisp is kind of useless and even fiendish codex isn't so nice to have a support when you could have kindlegem or whatever

i've seen most bards start coin but i dunno if that's such a great idea, i imagine spellthief and then selling it for shurelyas is much better, or maybe even relic shield if the passive acts like a thresh e passive?

i dunno, i'm talking too much "in theory" for a champion that's actually out lol

Negaduck

Just played my first game as bard. His ult is godlike. Laned with a vayne. That combo feels hella good. She codems, I Q and doneski.

Used ult to set up ganks not which worked great.

Kenai

i think all the supporty support items benefit him relatively fine since he's a backline support, so mikaels is obviously great even if he doesn't sound like he has mana issues (i have actually not played anything but midlane in like a month lol, so can't really say by experience), and then locket/frozen heart just to help out with auras and cap that cdr

twin shadows doesn't sound half bad, tho it's not an easy item to build on a support since its parts are kind of weird. like aether wisp is kind of useless and even fiendish codex isn't so nice to have a support when you could have kindlegem or whatever

i've seen most bards start coin but i dunno if that's such a great idea, i imagine spellthief and then selling it for shurelyas is much better, or maybe even relic shield if the passive acts like a thresh e passive?

i dunno, i'm talking too much "in theory" for a champion that's actually out lol

Most Bards use Coin because of the active later, but yea the passive isn't really made for him. I usually just get Mikeal's, Heart, and Locket. Shadows was when a game went on a while and I had literally no idea what else to buy, I ended up killing it.

Maybe it's because some of the other supports i tend to like (Zyra, Nami, Annie, Soraka) have support/other items that fit them so well that seeing all the kinda sorta ok Bard items is a bit jarring. :x I like to use Twin Shadows on Zyra/Annie sometimes too but it's...situational.

Negaduck

I went coin then wardstone then aegis and mobo boots and frozen heart and ohmwreaker.

Something like that. Had 40 CDR and just wreaked shit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
coin's passive is great for bard because it encourages people to stay in lane in the early game instead of roaming like an idiot to get a chime and then go back to lane lvl 3 vs lvl 5.

You're paying very little money on a bunch of stats that help both your clears and your ganking. Warrior is like 140% gold effective, Magus 170% and Cinderhulk/Devourer are 100% effective without even accounting for their damage passives

This is like pre nerf Morellos rush power and they all have amazing build paths with lots of small installments. Like Panda said you'll need a lot more gold to get similar stats if you ignore them

zkylon

zkylewd
Most Bards use Coin because of the active later, but yea the passive isn't really made for him. I usually just get Mikeal's, Heart, and Locket. Shadows was when a game went on a while and I had literally no idea what else to buy, I ended up killing it.

Maybe it's because some of the other supports i tend to like (Zyra, Nami, Annie, Soraka) have support/other items that fit them so well that seeing all the kinda sorta ok Bard items is a bit jarring. :x I like to use Twin Shadows on Zyra/Annie sometimes too but it's...situational.

the problem of coin is that it doesn't give any combat stats which, i dunno, against graves or corki is kind of not great i feel. it's a good item to have later on, so u can start spellthief and sell it and buy shurelyas like u'd do with annie

but yea you're a support, you're generally not gonna get more than one or two items on top of your gp10 and sighstone, so it's usually gonna be mikaels and locket

coin's passive is great for bard because it encourages people to stay in lane in the early game instead of roaming like an idiot to get a chime and then go back to lane lvl 3 vs lvl 5.
but then you upgrade it and it gives movement speed for roaming

but its passive rewards you for staying in lane

that's a perfectly well designed item!!!

:p

also i just found out shurelyas desc. says "praise the sun"... that's awesome lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
but then you upgrade it and it gives movement speed for roaming

but its passive rewards you for staying in lane

that's a perfectly well designed item!!!

:p
probably still makes you more gold than a targons since nobody will let you last hit in the midgame anyway.

Maddness

Anyone else getting ridiculously bad packet loss during league lately? I rubber band all over the place now. Sometimes I'll have a perfect game, sometimes I can't even see more than 5 minions on the screen before everyone's just sliding around. I don't get it. It's only with league.

Anyone else getting ridiculously bad packet loss during league lately? I rubber band all over the place now. Sometimes I'll have a perfect game, sometimes I can't even see more than 5 minions on the screen before everyone's just sliding around. I don't get it. It's only with league.

Try playing heroes of the storm, you are traveling trought time in those matches

Blizzard

Banned
I just played against a ranked Bard that was briefly 4/2/something. First time I might have ever seen a positive KDA. Might have won the lane against Thresh + Kog'maw too. They ended the game 4/4/something so at least they weren't feeding...but still lost.

Also I want a trend to develop where he's just called "Brad". I think that would be fun.

Kenai

I don't know what it is about Caitlyn, I can never seem to play well with her at all.

I have the same problem haha. I love her laning phase but after that I feel like I am done, can't carry for anything later. I even do better with Ashe lategame and I barely play her and suck in general.

heytred

Neo Member
Just completed my promos (was Gold V) and completely skipped Gold IV. I knew it was possible, but I didn't think I would ever personally experience it. Pretty cool... made my night lol.

Welp, from Gold III to Plat V we go!

Jeff-DSA

Just wrecked a Lissandra with Annie. She was the most hard-headed person I've laned against in a long time. Even when my stun was up, she would come in for her big combo and I would just drop Tibbers in her lap, blow my full combo, and walk away with another kill. The other team had a Riven that got HUGE early, and if it wasn't for being able to stun her, that game would have been lost.

Pro-tip: If you place low, play Annie. People don't respect her stun or burst. Once you stack up that RoA, you can just murder the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom