• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
something about ahri must be inspiring to artists cos damn they keep making crazy good stuff

rX79h3cgVuN6Xv1E

also here's a cool bard

gkrBXaFmVZdembqm

where's my monday afternoon pbe patch morello

I love Nasus players that make no contribution to the team complaining about team-mates. It's hilarious.
i feel like the concept of champions like nasus is inherently flawed because while the options he presents aren't really very interesting because it's either afk farm so that he can maybe roll over the game (still a pretty huge chance that he won't), or actually follow tps and ganks and do some assistance (for which he's not that well equipped since all he does is slow people) so that at least his team is not playing 4v5 for like 25 minutes of the game or whatever

there's something to be said about the amazing reward his q is for all his farming and battling through the kite but i get the feeling that maybe the way he works is not great

zkylon

zkylewd
it doesn't say she has sex with dudes, she just lures em in and steals their souls or whatever

she's just a fun having gal that wants to be human, you guys are so judgemental

also her design rocks, her outfit's awesome, all her skins are great, she's the best

zkylon

zkylewd
patch:

Katarina
Base HP reduced to 510 from 560
HP growth per level increased to 83 from 80
Base HP regen per second reduced to .9 from 1.5748

Ryze
Overload (Q) base damage increased to 60/80/100/120/140 from 40/60/80/100/120.

Zilean
HP growth per level increased to 77 from 71
Time Bomb (Q) mana cost lowered to 60/65/70/75/80 from 60/70/80/90/100
Rewind (W) mana cost lowered to 35 at all ranks from 40 [Note: The current mana cost for W on live is 50 mana]

bokn

Banned
Sweet, time for ryze to shine. Lb and ahri have been dominant for too long. The ryze counterpicks will be real in pro play
Those Kat nerfs would help if Boots 4 wasn't a fucking thing, who gives a shit about her base HP5?

Those Katarina nerfs do almost nothing at all.

You guys are kidding, Kat is severely hurt with those nerfs.

man fuck ryze i was happy when they nerfed his Q and now they revert it back ....
Ryze keeps ahri and lb in check
And with ryze coming up, people like ziggs and xerath can shine more. Which brings back ahri and lb. So this change is good.

The outlier is Viktor, who kinda sits in all 3 classes in a way.

You guys are kidding, Kat is severely hurt with those nerfs.
How, exactly?

That HP nerf matters the most when you can't abuse it and the least when she's on even grounds with you. She's not Yasuo. I mean, it's definitely a nerf but it changes nothing.

Jeff-DSA

The Katarina nerfs are only meaningless if they're careless in early levels. Most good Katarina players know to be a little more cautious and play for opportunity (either via roaming or after a gank has taken their opponent's summoners spells). By the time you're getting into more dangerous situations, you'll have an item or two built and your health will be scaling up.

They just need to buff her Q damage to minions, give her mana so she can't spam abilities, and take away resets on her ult while lowering resets on her Q, W, and E. Make her a hyper mobile champion in team fights that deals good damage, but not hyper mobile AND a nuke.

Katarina is the most fun champion in the game to play, I feel. It sucks that she's in ban prison. This won't get her out.

bokn

Banned
It'll cut her safe early game which is one of her biggest snowball periods

Or forced to take flat hp runes which weakens her late game. Even then you're losing a lot of hp regen

I think Kat's winrate will drop pretty substantially if those nerfs go through. HP Regen has a pretty big impact on laning success - I remember when Riven's got dumpstered she dropped hard. She'll likely still be >50%, but nowhere near the ~55% she is now.

Nekofrog

Banned
Who would be the most broken mana resource champion in the game if the mana gate was completely removed, and they had their base CDs remain the same? Don't say Poppy.

Blizzard

Banned
Who would be the most broken mana resource champion in the game if the mana gate was completely removed, and they had their base CDs remain the same? Don't say Poppy.
This reminds me how I want URF mode to come back. Veigar and Nasus were kind of entertaining in that mode. I don't think I tried Poppy though since I've never figured out how to do damage with her.

Nekofrog

Banned
This reminds me how I want URF mode to come back. Veigar and Nasus were kind of entertaining in that mode. I don't think I tried Poppy though since I've never figured out how to do damage with her.

URF had like 70% CD doe, i'm talking just remove the mana but skills stay at their base level CD (still affected by CDR)

Blizzard

Banned
URF had like 70% CD doe, i'm talking just remove the mana but skills stay at their base level CD (still affected by CDR)
I feel like Ezreal, Ryze, Anivia, Veigar, Udyr, Malzahar, Lux, Yorick, Nasus, Janna, maybe Jayce all use a lot of mana if you spam spells.

garath

Fizz jungle is still legit. I'm really surprised he hasn't been picked up more. I suspect he'll get an LCS play at some point and do real well then it'll explode. As straightforward as it is, it still takes a bit of finesse to work well so might not be instant win.

Newt

Fizz jungle is still legit. I'm really surprised he hasn't been picked up more. I suspect he'll get an LCS play at some point and do real well then it'll explode. As straightforward as it is, it still takes a bit of finesse to work well so might not be instant win.
Really? He's very common in my games.

Isn't Kat already one of the weakest early-game melee champs? This is reminding me a bit of the Yasuo nerfs where they chopped away at his early-game survivability until he's rarely seen anymore.

Her early game being weak doesn't matter if she's relatively safe

Yasuo's nerfs to his early game pushed him out of the meta because him being relatively strong early was one of the reasons he was picked to begin with.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
are we really going to have to deal with Ryze top again?

Really?

Urgh. Guess I'm going to avoid top lane again.

I remember Rex saying something along the lines of "When Ryze is in a good state the game is not."

Very unfun champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom