• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

I just watched an ahri start with a 3/0 lead at 5 minutes and end the game going 5/13

Not even I can feed that badly with 3 early kills under my belt.

Edit: Alright failed 4 promos in the last 3 days. Always getting them awful players in my promo games. sighh

Sofo

Rex I need your advice and even though I mostly just jungle in normals (lolnormals etc) I got called out for staying in lane for too long.

I wanted to relieve pressure off Jinx/Thresh versus Graves/Karma, Jinx was extremely low, and even though I knew that they knew I was there, I stayed in the brushes. Thresh seemed somewhat upset about it. I was Amumu btw.

Thoughts? It did seem to work as Jinx didn't die "then" but idk.

We won eitherway thanks to top and mid stomping and bot recovering later on. Also Cinderhulk is awesome.

ievh34y.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Rex I need your advice and even though I mostly just jungle in normals (lolnormals etc) I got called out for staying in lane for too long.

I wanted to relieve pressure off Jinx/Thresh versus Graves/Karma, Jinx was extremely low, and even though I knew that they knew I was there, I stayed in the brushes. Thresh seemed somewhat upset about it. I was Amumu btw.

Thoughts? It did seem to work as Jinx didn't die "then" but idk.

We won eitherway thanks to top and mid stomping and bot recovering later on. Also Cinderhulk is awesome.

ievh34y.png

i feel like what junglers do in lane is ultimately responsibility of the laner. if i dont want a gank i ping the jungler to back off and say "warded" or whatever so i stop wasting their time. similarly junglers should usually respect what laners are doing after a gank. like sometimes i don't want to push the wave to their turret because i want to freeze and force them into a bad situation when they come back, or i don't have enough money to back or whatever, but then the jungler will be all like "let's deny them cs!", which is understandable, but not always the best of ideas. but like if i'm pushing help me push (junglers that don't ever tax are the worst lol) and if you see the turret about to fall down don't run off, share the gold so that you can buy me that nice aegis :3

what i do hate is when junglers like walk through the lane and show themselves. that's super frustrating

here i am trying to mindgame them into backing off, positioning aggressively to deny them one or two cs and there walks the amumu with 1/4th health right through the minions to be like a giant sign of FREE 2v2s HERE

also i hate when i get pinged like "attack" or "going" and they're doing a camp first. it's my fault for not checking but still it always frustrates me lol

V_Arnold

I regularly walk openly into a lane that is being bullied, only to force the enemy laner into submission. Not every gank has to end with one person dead - sometimes that just cant happen.

In that cases, I would be content with saying "yaay, you got some breathing room", but nooo, people start complaining then "WTF jungler, you cant gank". No shit I cant gank when you are at 20% hp, he is full, and I just came so your lane is not lost :D

zkylon

zkylewd
I regularly walk openly into a lane that is being bullied, only to force the enemy laner into submission. Not every gank has to end with one person dead - sometimes that just cant happen.

In that cases, I would be content with saying "yaay, you got some breathing room", but nooo, people start complaining then "WTF jungler, you cant gank". No shit I cant gank when you are at 20% hp, he is full, and I just came so your lane is not lost :D

if u show yourself and don't do anything aggressive often enough that does more harm than good

if u waste some mana out of them then that's fine, some lanes are won over the mana that it costs to peel off a jungler, but the random casual walk through midlane just takes pressure off 2/3rds of the map and gives information to enemy jungler so they can gank you right after you had your casual stroll

i hate it lol

tho in the particular case of a lane that's losing you might be wasting your time too trying to help somebody that's beyond help. jungling is really hard because junglers need to make really quick judgements about the quality of the players of each lane on top of the matchups

yeah if a jungler literally just walks into lane to make the other guy not kill me and soaks xp and money, then I'm pretty much as screwed as i was before the "gank."

Leezard

Comebacks are real. Vlad wanted to give up once the enemies got their first inhib, but we kept on trucking. Graves farmed like a boss and we kept vision for objectives.

I got forced out of team fights early since I had to initiate teamfights with a bubble when we wanted to fight, so I have barely any assists. A win is a win at least.

Sofo

i feel like what junglers do in lane is ultimately responsibility of the laner. if i dont want a gank i ping the jungler to back off and say "warded" or whatever so i stop wasting their time. similarly junglers should usually respect what laners are doing after a gank. like sometimes i don't want to push the wave to their turret because i want to freeze and force them into a bad situation when they come back, or i don't have enough money to back or whatever, but then the jungler will be all like "let's deny them cs!", which is understandable, but not always the best of ideas. but like if i'm pushing help me push (junglers that don't ever tax are the worst lol) and if you see the turret about to fall down don't run off, share the gold so that you can buy me that nice aegis :3

what i do hate is when junglers like walk through the lane and show themselves. that's super frustrating

here i am trying to mindgame them into backing off, positioning aggressively to deny them one or two cs and there walks the amumu with 1/4th health right through the minions to be like a giant sign of FREE 2v2s HERE

also i hate when i get pinged like "attack" or "going" and they're doing a camp first. it's my fault for not checking but still it always frustrates me lol

Idk it was more like, I never taxed bot, yet I was doing Gromp and Jinx rudely stole Gromp -_- they were pretty BM but idk, I feel I overstayed bot but I was just trying to help D: like, I hate jungling, at least if I let you have your fucking role ward ._. (@Thresh).

Faker on bnet

Anivia doesn't need a rework and her TU means she's not getting a VU anytime soon if ever

I don't think that's true at all. Taric just got a TU and he's slated for a VU soon as well.

Plus, this:

We're continuing our comprehensive pass at the game's older character textures. As with previous installments, our goal is to improve parity with newer releases and make sure everybody looks at home on the newly-updated Rift. Reminder: texture rebalancing isn't meant to replace - and doesn't delay - larger-scale updates

Rebalancing and updates are not the same thing

Anivia got brand new textures like Rammus, not her same old ones but with different tones to better match the current visual style. Taric only got some extra work because he looked bad but Anivia has fine geometry and animations. She'll surely get a VU but not before basically every champion released before Vayne that hasn't been updated yet.

Sofo

play bard lose ranked

equivalent exchange.

I don't dare and I think I won't! I think it's fine when I can talk about it on teamspeak but otherwise I don't trust my team mates lol. I must admit though, Magical Journey is not that helpful in lane most of the time as I thought. ._.

Leezard

I can't think of an use for his E in lane to begin with

The only use is to put a tunnel through the wall near the tri (either side on bot), which means the enemy laners must play more passive due to the risk of a jungler appearing.

It's like a slightly worse thresh lantern.

garath

I can't think of an use for his E in lane to begin with

I saw one open a tunnel from the unwarded bush in the river to behind the opposing duo for bard and the jungler to go in behind them. It was pretty neat but any vision at all and that wouldn't have happened. More parlor tricks than something super effective. Just need to be wary if bard is roaming in no vision.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What's the typical Kat build path?

It's probably not right, but I've had fun going haunting guise-sorc shoes-abyssal scepter against other ap mids.

Sofo

It's also easier read than Thresh's lantern too. It does help when skirmishes in the jungle and such and have someone come through the gate and Q them against the wall they came from but idk, I don't think that shit would fly with people with half a brain.

So far though, I am upgrading spells depending on what I am doing. If we are playing up, mostly keep adding points on Q, if we are being kinda cornered or vs poke I usually put some points on W (no more than 3 though and I think most times it has sat at 2). E when we have taken most of their turrets and we are gaining a lot of terrain.

I16Ofpv.png

Latest match, although not really good because I sucked the entire match and we basically won thanks to Diana (we were 4 premade and he asked mid, and we always let the outsider pick). She made such a hole mid that they had to send everyone there which allowed us at bot to keep drilling through. We won lane prior to that and Yasuo tried coming a couple of times (since there wasn't much he could do mid anyway) but he wasn't anything to write home about. Diana spent the rest of the match making life hell for Nidalee and the rest of the team (she came once bot too!).

Was strange playing with Urgot ADC because I am not at all familiar with its damage and I backed off a couple of times that would have been sure kill if I had fully committed!

Also one of my deaths was weird. I made a tunnel between the inhib turret at bot and the wall, and somehow my pathing kept making me go into turret range, despite me not needing to go there to get inside the tunnel (????). Super strange.

Nekofrog

Banned
6 game win streak, 2/0 in promos to plat. took the risk of being red side first pick and leaving sej up and it paid off beautifully.

cHinzo

What's the typical Kat build path?

It's probably not right, but I've had fun going haunting guise-sorc shoes-abyssal scepter against other ap mids.

Just abuse the hell out of Luden's Echo. It's the item that gave Kat her high win rate. Just go Luden's Echo, Abyssal, Void/Zhonya's and Sorc boots and you're done. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom