• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Just abuse the hell out of Luden's Echo. It's the item that gave Kat her high win rate. Just go Luden's Echo, Abyssal, Void/Zhonya's and Sorc boots and you're done. :p
What do you mean? Didn't Katarina have a high win rate before Luden's Echo came out?

S49XDOU.png

Yaaaaaay mystery skins

Talents

Banned
What do you do as an ADC when there's a Rammus in a teamfight that goes straight for you? I always hate playing against Rammus just because he's impossible to kill and I can't hit him without killing myself. I can't just ignore him in teamfights so I have to run which makes me useless in teamfights.

Newt

What do you do as an ADC when there's a Rammus in a teamfight that goes straight for you? I always hate playing against Rammus just because he's impossible to kill and I can't hit him without killing myself. I can't just ignore him in teamfights so I have to run which makes me useless in teamfights.
QSS + BoTRK

You literally have to ignore him unless you're Vayne or Kog.

Blizzard

Banned
ranked3qzu9m.png

It has not been my day for ranked. :( Almost had most damage on team that Volibear game. The Tristana one, our support spammed surrender votes over and over, and the mid laner finally surrendered I think without losing a single inhibitor turret.

*edit* Also, I confirmed last game that the laser tower sound bug is STILL happening. Two teammates also confirmed it so it's not just my client. An inhibitor tower was shooting at minions/champions, the minions died and everyone left, and the sound kept playing infinitely. LOUD.

Blizzard

Banned
ranked3qzu9m.png

It has not been my day for ranked. :( Almost had most damage on team that Volibear game. The Tristana one, our support spammed surrender votes over and over, and the mid laner finally surrendered I think without losing a single inhibitor turret.
I always tell people to take a break after 2 games, and I didn't.

In the game immediately following, a top-lane Nasus on my team died at level 4, instantly typed something angry in chat, and quit. They came back once several minutes later, but we were still playing, so they left again.

We held out for 33 minutes before losing 4v5. This is some...peculiar luck tonight to say the least.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Played my first game in probably a few years. Played top as Xin Zhao against Fiora, who I have never faced before. Went 0/4 by like ~6 minutes in, and as you can imagine teammates started yelling at me for feeding. I felt kinda bad but we won eventually, so all's well that ends well I guess.

Tizoc

Played my first game in probably a few years. Played top as Xin Zhao against Fiora, who I have never faced before. Went 0/4 by like ~6 minutes in, and as you can imagine teammates started yelling at me for feeding. I felt kinda bad but we won eventually, so all's well that ends well I guess.

Fiora can counter Xin really hard mainly because of her W passive reflecting damage back at you. Xin is mainly an auto attacker so if Fiora gets in your range or in your face, walk a little back to have W fade away then waste her with your abilities. It is all a matter of timing against Fiora in this case.

V_Arnold

So Kha'Zix now has the lowest win rate out of all junglers bar Elise. :( The tank buff seems to have made him even more useless than before.

A few months ago, I heard that Kha/Lee/Elise were the top junglers. I bought Kha and Elise, needless to say, I was not happy with my purchase :p

garath

A few months ago, I heard that Kha/Lee/Elise were the top junglers. I bought Kha and Elise, needless to say, I was not happy with my purchase :p

Such is the way of the jungle. Every now and again a big sweeping change comes rolling around and suddenly it's a whole new pool of OP junglers + Lee Sin.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Fiora can counter Xin really hard mainly because of her W passive reflecting damage back at you. Xin is mainly an auto attacker so if Fiora gets in your range or in your face, walk a little back to have W fade away then waste her with your abilities. It is all a matter of timing against Fiora in this case.

So that's what that white circle around her was. I kept attacking her and I saw my health draining fast, wasn't sure what was happening.

garath

Anyone want a Heroes of the Storm closed beta key? I have a couple available. It's a simple game, much quicker matches than LoL (20 is pretty average) but pretty fun. I play when I don't have time or the mentality for a league match. The whole game is a lot more laid back.

edit: forgot to mention, good for NA only.

Anyone want a Heroes of the Storm closed beta key? I have a couple available. It's a simple game, much quicker matches than LoL (20 is pretty average) but pretty fun. I play when I don't have time or the mentality for a league match. The whole game is a lot more laid back.

I was in the alpha, but my account isn't registered for beta. I'd take a key please! (I played with NA folk mainly)

edit: turns out my EU account is enabled for EU and I have an NA account also activated. Hrm. Guess I don't need the code.

if any of you folks play this, I'm PhilCostigan#1272 on NA and PhilCostigan#1529 on EU

Tizoc

So that's what that white circle around her was. I kept attacking her and I saw my health draining fast, wasn't sure what was happening.

yEAH IT can counter anything that is an auto attack, even Gangplank's Q, basically if you are an auto-attacker, Fiora can wreck your shit real bad. You gotta play carefully around a Fiora, but if you are at 50% health and she is lvl. 6, just gtfo asap; she WILL dive you even at tower.

Edwardo

I was in the alpha, but my account isn't registered for beta. I'd take a key please! (I played with NA folk mainly)

edit: turns out my EU account is enabled for EU and I have an NA account also activated. Hrm. Guess I don't need the code.

if any of you folks play this, I'm PhilCostigan#1272 on NA and PhilCostigan#1529 on EU

You have been added.

Ambition

Sure i'd like one :)

garath

Man. No spoilers but watching c9 vs t8 VOD from over the weekend makes me realize how completely and utterly pointless counter jungling is now. So much effort put into denying buffs and camps and it seems to have no effect at all.

I think next time I get hard invaded by a shaco or something, I'll just leave and farm other crap. Drop a ward around his next invade point instead of contesting the current one. Dying is far worse than giving up a camp or two.

V_Arnold

Man. No spoilers but watching c9 vs t8 VOD from over the weekend makes me realize how completely and utterly pointless counter jungling is now. So much effort put into denying buffs and camps and it seems to have no effect at all.

I think next time I get hard invaded by a shaco or something, I'll just leave and farm other crap. Drop a ward around his next invade point instead of contesting the current one. Dying is far worse than giving up a camp or two.

Absolutely. Best thing to do when facing counter-jungling is to be like the water. Flow elsewhere.

Counterjungling in a meta full of strong lvl 6 spikes camps that take almost 2 minutes to respawn isn't pointless at all. The thing is you don't want to deny gold or kill the enemy jungler, you want to deny experience.

Watch at the IEM finals how Santorin got his ult delayed by a good 2 minutes because the enemy jungler took chicken camp and big Krug. It's different from what it used to be and a lot more situational, but it's pretty strong when done correctly.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

I have seen it but I really don't know what its like. I would like a key.

garath

Counterjungling in a meta full of strong lvl 6 spikes camps that take almost 2 minutes to respawn isn't pointless at all. The thing is you don't want to deny gold or kill the enemy jungler, you want to deny experience.

Watch at the IEM finals how Santorin got his ult delayed by a good 2 minutes because the enemy jungler took chicken camp and big Krug. It's different from what it used to be and a lot more situational, but it's pretty strong when done correctly.

I guess so. I suppose C9's focus was strictly on denying the buffs and probably not strictly xp deny but the effect of counter jungling compared to the risk just doesn't seem to be as impactful this season at all.

Sure maybe you deny the level 6 powerspike but this is if you do it exactly right and don't give up any kills in the process. Meteos did it perfectly and it still only bought them a little bit of an advantage.

I mean sure, it's not as impactful as S3 but it's nowhere near as pointless as S4 counterjungling

Delaying a level 6 can mean a free dragon plus kills if the enemy team tries to contest. It's situational but it has a very clear purpose that can give your team a considerable advantage, specially if it gives your laners time to grab some extra levels to survive said level 6 ganks.

Tizoc

It's too late to tell you, but that Draven should seek to crush Kalista early. His early game power is too much for her to deal with if you can get on top of her a few times.

Well my stupid net kept lagging and I was sona, getting in range to q these 2 is a challenge in of itself with out lag, like I'm just trying to get in range then Kali hops to a brush and I end up Qing minions :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom