• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
not exactly unlimited mana since all mids got their base mp5 nerfed but athenes is back for sure

morellos in 5.6 sounds pretty bad tbh, athenes is not gonna be as gold efficient but will probably save you a dorans ring, so might be the way to go now

Their bases got normalized which meant some nerfs - I know Lux lost like 1 base MP5 at lvl 1 - but isn't base MP5 mid-late higher accross the board thanks to the new MP5 growth?

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 8 - Day 1

t1426964400z1.png

Team Coast vs Team Impulse
Team Liquid vs Cloud 9
Team SoloMid vs Gravity
Counter Logic Gaming vs Team Dignitas
Team 8 vs Winterfox

Please use the LCS Thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

What do you guys think of Volibear compared to Amumu? I've been playing Amumu lately and have felt like I contributed to my team a lot more because I gank much more often than I did with other junglers. But Volibear seems really fun and I wonder how much damage he deals compared to Amumu. I was recently beaten by another Amumu who built basically all damage, so that kinda made me think twice about trying another jungler.

zkylon

zkylewd
how op would banner of command be if no matter which minion you used it on it turned it into a promoted cannon minion?

i feel like it would maybe make it less situational since you can use it whenever you want instead of every so waves

zkylon

zkylewd
it doesn't really matter because at the point you're getting banner, every wave will have a cannon minion in it.

"For the first 20 minutes, 1 Siege minion is spawned every three minion waves between the melee and ranged minions. After 20 minutes, Siege minions spawn once every 2 waves and from the 35th minute onward, Siege minions spawn every wave to accelerate the game pace by making pushing easier."

you do have a point but it's not exactly like that

i'm just thinking of a buff to the item that wouldn't be simply stats?

Leezard

how op would banner of command be if no matter which minion you used it on it turned it into a promoted cannon minion?

i feel like it would maybe make it less situational since you can use it whenever you want instead of every so waves

I don't know if we want to see it become much stronger. Games would become annoying if multi-banners became something that happened every game. 3 cannon minions in a single wave?

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know if we want to see it become much stronger. Games would become annoying if multi-banners became something that happened every game. 3 cannon minions in a single wave?
i don't think it's such a big buff, it's a really big money investment on an item that's not terribly cost efficient as a selfish item, and since there would be three on your team you would be wasting money on auras that don't go anywhere i think

just an idea, i like the item and have built it once and it was pretty fun, so i kinda think a small push might make it a bit more desirable, at least over two lockets or whatever

Leezard

i don't think it's such a big buff, it's a really big money investment on an item that's not terribly cost efficient as a selfish item, and since there would be three on your team you would be wasting money on auras that don't go anywhere i think

just an idea, i like the item and have built it once and it was pretty fun, so i kinda think a small push might make it a bit more desirable, at least over two lockets or whatever

I don't think there's much reason to go double locket over one locket + one banner, really.

The item is viable, I just think people underestimate it and that Riot should be careful not to make it a necessary item.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think there's much reason to go double locket over one locket + one banner, really.

The item is viable, I just think people underestimate it and that Riot should be careful not to make it a necessary item.
the issue i guess is that usually you're gonna want one locket and probably nothing else since the auras and the actives overlap and aren't necessarily the best use of your team's money, even tho support and jungler can be pretty far away from each other in teamfights and actually make decent use of the items

when is diana getting a new skin.

prolly in a while since she got one last year for lunar revel

Achtius

the issue i guess is that usually you're gonna want one locket and probably nothing else since the auras and the actives overlap and aren't necessarily the best use of your team's money, even tho support and jungler can be pretty far away from each other in teamfights and actually make decent use of the items

prolly in a while since she got one last year for lunar revel

but doesn't nidalee, kat get like 10 a year

Sofo

Finally got around posting about Bard! I had fun but I can't say much about doing things Bard could only do! Like I said earlier I don't think we won these because I was on Bard and I feel I didn't bring "enough" to the table besides basic supporting stuff. ._. I still don't regret buying him though, I love the sound effects! Very soothing.

cBOofiE.png

yeQmq5x.png

OtBlW6K.png

Sofo

i dont want to know how long that bard game where u had ga was.

It was 50 min, and it was awful! I was full build and I decided to get a last item instead of saving the slot for pinks (I had like 4k gold and had the Iron elixir too). I asked around and they were like "just get GA", so I trusted them!

It did save me for 1 death so idk, I guess it was worth, considering the death timers. I think this is the very first time I've built it in a support lol. Do you think it wasn't worth it? If so, what do you think would have been better? These are the first 3 matches I've done with Bard so I'm still feeling what to build and just basically copying what I see most used, so any input is much appreciated.

Nekofrog

Banned
if ryze wasn't in such a rough spot, ludens echo would be fantastic on him. he charges it up so fast, plus the movement speed. the only other issue is you have to sub out a core item and build it late.

I rarely see someone use the portal item to spawn more minions either

I sometimes build the banner in late game, it is pretty useful against unattended lanes

Blizzard

Banned
It took decades, but I finally got up to exactly 50% wins in ranked again.

My Malzahar record is 35-22 (61.4%) which helped a lot.

Blizzard

Banned
Also the highlight of my last game was managing to ON PURPOSE drop a Malzahar Q in front of myself when a Thresh tried to hook me as I was running away. The minion spawned perfectly and caught the hook.

It only took me 40-50 Malzahar games to notice he gets a pink flashy thing underneath his feet when his next spell will summon a voidling. I guess it's to warn enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom