• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

I ended last season with Silver I 80 something LP. Shouldn't I be a league lower if I do that badly in placements?

Each placement match is meant to see where you are placed (obviously) and therefore matches you with people above your MMR or below to see how you are doing or if it was just a fluke.

Also I think not all the placement matches count as strongly as others but I am not sure about it.

Edit: Gah, Newt beat me to it!

zkylon

zkylewd
new patch tonight

gonna be a small one i guess but it has athenes buffs so finally i get some compensation for all my champions getting nerfed one after the other lol

Blizzard

Banned
I know this sort of thing would only happen in silver but it was funny.

I was kind of sad about not getting jungle so I had hovered Volibear, but I didn't realize time was running out. I thought I had like 40s. I ended up with Volibear mid, and took smite anyway so I could go cinderhulk.

I started with enemy wraiths and red buff before laning mid, but it turned out of all things to show up in silver, it was an Azir mid. I forgot about the Azir shield on dash, and did quite poorly since of course Volibear has very little chance of catching Azir through slows and dashes. However, teammates sometimes helped out and I think I ended up getting the enemy tower first due to Azir roaming.

Also, the enemy Renekton crushed our top lane tower and our Nasus. Fortunately bottom lane was a duo who was actually doing really well, so we had a fed Lucian to balance things.

Fast-forward to mid and late game, and we were overall winning teamfights due to Nasus and I getting tankier. Finally, the other team went for a baron when our team was not around except for me...and I managed to run in, maybe use my Q and a smite to somehow kill someone and take baron. I died but the team cleared up and won the game with the baron buff.

Long story short mid-laner smite justified.

The english language has so many beautiful ways to cuss, no need to insult people that can't defend themselves by comparing them to fucking TRM, they have enough problems as is

Started playing Udyr more since the 5.5 patch came out.

I really like him in the jungle, but I also like the idea of bringing that burst into the top lane.So far I've been maxing Phoenix, starting pots, then on first back getting 2x dorans rings. Then Forzen Heart/Spirts Visage depending on the matchup, followed by trinity force. I think the build makes me harder to deal with mid to late game, but not early.I could max Tiger instead, but I find my dmg tails off towards late. Builds aren't really the point.

The real problem is trades. I can get poked down really easy and dealing with that is really difficult. Udyr is one of those champs that needs to go all in and get kills, or fails to do anything until late game. So how do you guys figure out when is the perfect time to go in?

Bacon

Started playing Udyr more since the 5.5 patch came out.

I really like him in the jungle, but I also like the idea of bringing that burst into the top lane.So far I've been maxing Phoenix, starting pots, then on first back getting 2x dorans rings. Then Forzen Heart/Spirts Visage depending on the matchup, followed by trinity force. I think the build makes me harder to deal with mid to late game, but not early.I could max Tiger instead, but I find my dmg tails off towards late. Builds aren't really the point.

The real problem is trades. I can get poked down really easy and dealing with that is really difficult. Udyr is one of those champs that needs to go all in and get kills, or fails to do anything until late game. So how do you guys figure out when is the perfect time to go in?

If you really are intent on playing udyr in lane go watch some trick2g videos where he brings him top lane. You really need to have a lot of skill and understanding of the champion to make it work because there are a lot of inherent weaknesses to udyr's kit to where it is very difficult to play him well in lane, especially against ranged champions, champions with gap closers, etc.

Lane Udyr is probably a very bad idea since Lissandra is a popular pick right now.

Just do like garen and hide in the bush.

If you really are intent on playing udyr in lane go watch some trick2g videos where he brings him top lane. You really need to have a lot of skill and understanding of the champion to make it work because there are a lot of inherent weaknesses to udyr's kit to where it is very difficult to play him well in lane, especially against ranged champions, champions with gap closers, etc.

He's what gave me the urge in the first place. I can deal with ranged champs, I find just getting all up in their face can kill them pretty fast. You just have to make sure you can dominate that early game or you are screwed. I have more difficulty dealing the real AD bruisers like Yorick and Lee. Yorick can just spam ghouls for days and keep my from getting close. Lee can hit me with that burst and because of his shield, get out again without taking an real punishment from me.Pretty much any champ with a good escape.

Jeff-DSA

I did play on my smurf a bit. Tried out jungle Fizz for the first time. Despite only having like 4 runes, limited masteries, and teammates who didn't leash for me, I really liked it. It took forever to get going without a leash, but by late game I was strong.

Then I played ADC and my support was Kayle who bought 3 Doran's Rings, 2 boots, a health pot they never used, and went 0-7-0. This person was like a level 17 player. How do you even work up that much XP and still be that fundamentally bad at the game?

Still have no itch to get back to my main account. The last couple of nights on it were so ridiculously frustrating that I need the mental rest from playing on it.

Sofo

Idk, even when nearing 30 I was pretty bad (still am). Best thing someone told me, and works for solo Q, is that you should not expect your team mates to have functioning brains.

So far it works!

Newt

Idk, even when nearing 30 I was pretty bad (still am). Best thing someone told me, and works for solo Q, is that you should not expect your team mates to have functioning brains.

So far it works!
You can even take it further and look at it from the Ghost perspective.

jerd

Very odd that neither team went for baron in a 50 minute game.

Yeah we built up a huge lead and did all of jack shit with it. Their Cait was stupid weak throughout 90% of the game but we just dicked around until her and nasus became relevant. I should have been more aggressive with calls

zkylon

zkylewd
bg3.jpg

teaser for new skin line?

some sort of warhammer 40k inspired skins for yordles or something?

there are references to gangplank, corki, annie, heimer, alistar, mundo, caitlyn...

i have no idea

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's the hideout/home of a bounty hunter. All those things are "trophies" from his/her kills.

Caitlyn? I'm not up to date with my Leeg lore so I have no idea who else is a bounty hunter.

Einbroch

Banned
Makes sense. Teemo doesn't have a legendary skin, has a super high pick rate, and everyone agrees he's fun to play and play against. He deserves it.

Fuzzery

xHu9CtI.jpg

waiting for the other shoe to drop on my 9 game win streak. that zed almost broke it for me...

Yep, full page of wins so far, i'll either get 20 losses in a row or get back to diamond at this rate, amumu is nigh unkillable with this build

Should start trying a new tank jungle every game since cinderhulk is so op

Blizzard

Banned
Weird, on more than one stream I've seen a Shyvana top with smite and cinderhulk. :\
I feel like right now, I would always take smite if I were laning Volibear. The +25% bonus health is such an awesome feature, which I expect to be nerfed to maybe +15% or +20%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom