• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
i only want the shirt if u wear it first

also is dat a ziggs bomb

why are you giving this stuff away are u cray
nN9tAcT.png

It's a pain to sell and I'm cleaning. You should see my Dota pile of stuff...

*Some skinsite said old codes are sudoku as of Summer 2014? IIRC a Rioter I talked to said in 2013 that old codes were still good, but maybe they are really dead. Can I get an EU person to test?

Jeff-DSA

Nothing more upsetting than getting hit by an invisible spear. You only know it because you lost 75% of your health and hear the sound cue.

Saw a pretty funny bug last night. Yi was chasing me towards my tower "CANNOT BE SLOWED" and he flashed to close the gap. I rooted him, the tower started hitting him along with my spells, and he flashed away when the root lifted. He lived with a sliver of life. I couldn't be mad because I was so surprised and amazed that he was so distraught that he actually tried to flash a second time within 5 seconds and that it worked.

Einbroch

Banned
E - Vault
GOT THE RESET Now resets Quinn's basic attack timer upon landing
VALOR, TO ME! Fixed a bug where Harrier was occasionally not applied by Vault
TOO FAR Fixed an issue where Vault could sometimes move Quinn out of her basic attack range when casted on close-range targets
EVASIVE MANUEVERS Vaulting off of an enemy to pass through terrain is now easier

tumblr_inline_ms85xltuVr1qz4rgp.gif

subtles

If I'm not mistaken, people really hated the tank meta and would constantly complain about it way back when I was casually leveling up to 30. Now it seems everyone and their neighbors are excited.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I personally feel tanks are just a hair too strong, but I muuuuuch prefer this meta to where we were just a few weeks ago.

This is the best the jungle's felt since it got the first overhaul in the offseason. Lots of champs are decent now and I love it. Still meaning to try out Akali for the hell of it, now that her laning is worse than ever.

Bacon

If I'm not mistaken, people really hated the tank meta and would constantly complain about it way back when I was casually leveling up to 30. Now it seems everyone and their neighbors are excited.

It'll wear out it's welcome soon enough. People like it now because it's fresh but soon we will be hearing about how carry junglers need to be stronger etc.

Jeff-DSA

I don't like the tanks. I don't know what's fun about Mundo soaking up 6 ults and still being at 3/4 health. Yes, I know you're not supposed to ult Mundo, it was just an example. The idea of a tank in the comp is cool, the idea of them getting to be unkillable is not.

The difference is tanks have actual money to stay in a fight and deal damage

Old tank meta you were a second gold-less support. Grab boots, a Heart of Gold and an Aegis. Congrats, that's all the items you're getting this game

zkylon

zkylewd
The difference is tanks have actual money to stay in a fight and deal damage

Old tank meta you were a second gold-less support. Grab boots, a Heart of Gold and an Aegis. Congrats, that's all the items you're getting this game

i think he means like the s3 mundo/renek/shy meta more than s2 heart of gold meta?

i personally prefer tanks to bruisers and i liked that meta (as a midlaner)

subtles

i think he means like the s3 mundo/renek/shy meta more than s2 heart of gold meta?

i personally prefer tanks to bruisers and i liked that meta (as a midlaner)

This.

I have no idea what Heart of Gold is... or rather, was. Started toward the end of Season 3 pre Season 4 and everyone referenced 'League of Warmogs' - 'boring 3 way top lane' and the fact that midlaners were irrelevant. Bruisers and Tanks ruled the land. I vaguely recall Kog'maw being always picked at that time, too.

I was really new to the game so my memory is iffy at best.

jerd

This.

I have no idea what Heart of Gold is... or rather, was. Started toward the end of Season 3 pre Season 4 and everyone referenced 'League of Warmogs' - 'boring 3 way top lane' and the fact that midlaners were irrelevant. Bruisers and Tanks ruled the land. I vaguely recall Kog'maw being always picked at that time, too.

Probably talking about the patch where FotM line was super broken and everyone went 2-1-2 and bought 4 Targon's brace. A lot of the time you wouldn't even have an adc and your bot lane would be like annie/brand or something stupid like that

that meta was bad because all the tanks would do 10000 damage while still being impossible to kill so you ended up with these games on a timer where either you end before mundo/shyvana gets 3 items or they 1v5 your entire team.

some sort of warhammer 40k inspired skins for yordles or something?
There's a precedent for that already, so hopefully:

syqlfg.png

I just want Teemo to have a stupidly over-the-top gruff voice or to sound like Action Hank. Maybe even complain about tanks like Sion did.

Point and click burst that makes you not able to fight back or farm with autos for a few seconds plus invisible nukes that last 10 minutes and also slow you, all neatly wrapped in a cutesy, popular package

How can you not understand why people hate to fight this thing lol
Sustain champions or AP top laners with higher range (which aren't hard to come by) give him fits. I'd hardly call him troublesome to deal with in his currently overnerfed state.

Top lane tank meta was boring because there was literally no variety. It was Shyv / Mundo / Trundle / Renekton every single game with Lee / Elise / Kha jungle every single game

Now you have like 6+ viable champions in every single role. In the jungle alone you have Sej, Reksai, Fizz, Zac, Nunu, Nid, J4, Vi, Panth, Lee, etc, all being very viable in a competitive level, plus more solo Q oriented strong picks like Voli. We even had Udyr in a competitive game for crying out loud

Sustain champions or AP top laners with higher range (which aren't hard to come by) give him fits. I'd hardly call him troublesome to deal with in his currently overnerfed state.
I meant that when Teemo was in his annoyance prime.

He's a pushover right now. But his kit is infuriating to play against when he's decent.

Oh my lord. I think I have a new favourite top laner.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2029006806/24144741?tab=overview

This game was crazy and dumb. I really enjoyed playing wu, even against teemo. I found that my gap closer and just superb dmg post 3 won me my lane hard. And then I helped win Mid and counter jungler Nunu. BUT WE COULD NOT FINISH!

I don't know what it was, but my team just wouldn't push. I made 3 of them come top over 6 times that game, just to stop my push and the only one who pushed was Voli. Everyone else just passive farmed creeps or looked for team fights. Eventually we were able to finally push for a win, just after they took one of our turrets.

Then out of no where, we get baron, we take their mid lane turret, their nexus turrets and then all die. I'm crying out in frustration, but then I realise...Lissandra is hiding in a bush near the wall. Solo's the nexus while they case cait and wins the game.

I meant that when Teemo was in his annoyance prime.

He's a pushover right now. But his kit is infuriating to play against when he's decent.

He's where he needs to be right now. If you play him right he can dominate. He's kinda like a hiemer. A good teemo will not engage you without a ton of shrooms to run over.

That said, any smart player will figure that out fast.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It'll wear out it's welcome soon enough. People like it now because it's fresh but soon we will be hearing about how carry junglers need to be stronger etc.
no. tanks are easier to balance because their mix of cc/initiation potential offers greater variability than pure damage junglers. damage based junglers are really limited because it's all about reliable carry kill potential. the safest and most reliable carry killers will always come out on top. as a result the pool of viable tanks is always way bigger than the pool of viable damage heavy junglers.

to be honest though there are lots of strong "carry" type junglers still. heca, xin, nid, skarner, etc. there are lots of strong champions in this game that most people just don't have the perception to pick up on. reading about the game is really annoying sometimes because the community is so inept, and a larger narrative is created by people who don't even understand what's going on in the meta. this stuff seems especially egregious from silver and gold players who try to rationalize their inadequacies by whining about champion/game balance. it's mostly why i've disassociated myself with this thread.

drawkcaB

to be honest though there are lots of strong "carry" type junglers still. heca, xin, nid, skarner, etc. there are lots of strong champions in this game that most people just don't have the perception to pick up on.

Preach.

Have you had a chance to try out Cinderhulk on Skarner? I did it twice and it felt good, but I kept wondering if rushing TF like I'd been doing before (unless I was behind) and then picking up Cinderhulk would be a better. I noticed a lull in my mid-game when I was doing well that wasn't an issue before.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Have you had a chance to try out Cinderhulk on Skarner? I did it twice and it felt good, but I kept wondering if rushing TF like I'd been doing before (unless I was behind) and then picking up Cinderhulk would be a better. I noticed a lull in my mid-game when I was doing well that wasn't an issue before.
i don't get to do fun stuff like jungle lately. also i don't really play this game that much. i don't think i would ever delay finishing my jungle item. cinderhulk + sheen alone should be a really hard power spike.

zkylon

zkylewd
patch rundown!

This.

heart of gold was an item you that gave hp and gold per 10 that was built initially only by supports in s2 but by the end everyone tanky was building it, including junglers and top laners. it stacked with philo stone which was a hp and mana regen item that supports used to build and tops and junglers eventually bought that too iirc

it got removed in early s3

league of warmogs as well as the black cleaver craze happened during early s3 when both warmogs and black cleaver had stacking passives so ppl used to play like talon and pantheon every game and literally build like 3 black cleavers and destroy everything. didn't last so long but it was one of the most unbalanced times of the game lol

There's a precedent for that already, so hopefully:

syqlfg.png

I just want Teemo to have a stupidly over-the-top gruff voice or to sound like Action Hank. Maybe even complain about tanks like Sion did.
personally i don't care as long as it's not lux

and before ppl complain about teemo, we've talked this already, champions like teemo, ahri, katarina, nidalee, etc. are the face of league, which is why they get more skins than usual. it's not their fault that other champions don't get skins

just gotta wait and eventually you'll get an awesome poro skin like ori <3

feel free to complain if u wait forever and you get rewarded with a shitty military skin like lux tho

then it's fair to complain

subtles

I'm still unsure whether I should main mid or top. Probably top as it isn't as heavily contested, and the pool of champions there are really interesting at the moment. I could probably do Orianna mid and three champions top lane.

Decisions, decisions.

just 1 more fkn game and im in plat 2 promos

Best of luck. I hope you're adc doesn't pull you down under.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
nN9tAcT.png

It's a pain to sell and I'm cleaning. You should see my Dota pile of stuff...

*Some skinsite said old codes are sudoku as of Summer 2014? IIRC a Rioter I talked to said in 2013 that old codes were still good, but maybe they are really dead. Can I get an EU person to test?

Got any more posters you OP Terran scumbag <3,

(Did they fix gateway units in LoTV? Kinda getting a starcraft itch but I hate going up against OP mariners)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom