• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

If it's something for Teemo, I won't be happy. He's incredibly annoying to play against and new skins spike popularity for a while.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hey waifu thread I have like 2-3 posters from Worlds (2013) I want to give away and some random stuff from the swag bag. Some Skin Codes too which may or may not be valid / can be activated on EU servers.

If you want a poster let me know where to send it too.

Blizzard

Banned
Teemo's lore is pretty dark, in fact

He's basically a serial killer that only stays sane because Trist exists.
Didn't that get retconned / deleted a year or two back?

Also I like Teemo. I even liked having him on the other team with the astronaut skin, because his echo-effect "Never underestimate the power of the scout's code" line sounds so funny.

subtles

Weird, on more than one stream I've seen a Shyvana top with smite and cinderhulk. :\

I had a Trynd + Sion with double smite share top lane and the jungle vs a Darius in one of my provisional games. Despite winning lane really well (Liss was 0/8 by the 30 minute mark) their objective control and teleport pressure vs bot lane was really, really strong. We really didn't stand a chance.

If it's something for Teemo, I won't be happy. He's incredibly annoying to play against and new skins spike popularity for a while.

I really like Teemo and never understood the hate he garners. He makes top lane challenging and I always enjoy games where we're wrecked on a strategic level.

Maybe I should pick him up.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey waifu thread I have like 2-3 posters from Worlds (2013) I want to give away and some random stuff from the swag bag. Some Skin Codes too which may or may not be valid / can be activated on EU servers.

I would definitely take a shot on a skin code! I'm at work but should be off in a couple hours.

Point and click burst that makes you not able to fight back or farm with autos for a few seconds plus invisible nukes that last 10 minutes and also slow you, all neatly wrapped in a cutesy, popular package

How can you not understand why people hate to fight this thing lol

Leezard

Oh, I'd like a skin code if possible.

subtles

Point and click burst that makes you not able to fight back or farm with autos for a few seconds plus invisible nukes that last 10 minutes and also slow you, all neatly wrapped in a cutesy, popular package

How can you not understand why people hate to fight this thing lol

I lost against one as Rumble due to the blind stopping the last overheat aa that would have killed him as he moved into the brush.

I laid there in admiration for the longest period before realizing I could have gotten a double kill if I played it out differently.

The rodent elevates you, I say.

zkylon

zkylewd

wow that sounds cool

got any cute lux posters :>

jerd

If you have any posters or smaller swag left I'd love something!

Oh did you have a spare skin code for me like please?

Blizzard

Banned
You're playing a champion with ranged manaless farm

Pick Nasus against Teemo and try to have fun
Why would you pick Nasus against Teemo?

Why would you pick Nasus and expect to have fun, for that matter? Besides, obviously Nasus is strong late game because he keeps scaling even as a tank.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect Riot to make every champion laning matchup fun. Some work out better than others.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

If you have a poster I would like one.
If not, I'll take anything else in the swag bag,

W - Dark Frenzy
removedGOTTA GO FAST Spell hits no longer passively grant stacking movement speed
newULTRA RAPID FRENZY Spell hits now lower Dark Frenzy's cooldown by 1 second
They actually went through with this garbage, ffs

Ooh cheaper Chalice

zkylon

zkylewd
Grail and Ziggs mana cost reduction in the same patch?

Oh boy
it's fine

midlane is a goldmine of variety right now and xerath is just as annoying as ziggs, so might as well bring him back

i appreciate rito acknowledging lebonk isn't as bad as ppl say and giving her only a minor nerf.

i feel like i love careful rito for champion balance and i want reckless rito for item balance

also i can't believe lux ult didn't proc the ap ratio on passive. that's a lot of damage lux is getting this patch holy shit

Ziggs / Xerath being good is not as big an issue as it used to be. If you grab Baron, you can actually siege them, for example

Midlane is in a dandy spot right now besides Kat and LB. That Cass nerf is bananas though

zkylon

zkylewd
Ziggs / Xerath being good is not as big an issue as it used to be. If you grab Baron, you can actually siege them, for example

Midlane is in a dandy spot right now besides Kat and LB. That Cass nerf is bananas though
6 item cassi loses like 40 ap

it's not a big nerf

also kat and lebonk are getting dealt with this patch

zed might get a bit of tweaking but he's mostly ok i'd say

and yea ziggs/xerath are ok in a meta in which junglers are megatanks with crazy initiation like sejuani or amumu or vi or j4

i think athenes buff might be too much tho. having less regen on mids than season 4 is good, athenes not being competitive was the big problem and with this buff we're back at infinite mana which i don't like so much

How could they miss such a thing for so long lol
i didn't notice it, but since i buy mejais every game on lux i'm kind of used to one shotting ppl every game so i dunno lol

so nice

garath

It may be just me, but I feel like their gameplay balancing as of late has been pretty on point. Sure they make a few mistakes but overall they seem to have a better grasp of balancing solo queue with competitive than ever before.

Example 1: Nidalee. Nidalee gets a LOT of hate, but frankly she's not that instant win champ despite her perception. She has a pretty low winrate for the masses and is picked a lot competitively but hasn't impacted the increase in diversity we're seeing competitively. They recognize that and outline her new challenges with the tank meta rising. A nerf at this point would be ridiculous.

and quick edit:

Hooray Elise buffs! albeit small. I'm bringing her back tonight!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hmm... Apparently I have a stash of skin codes that are maybe worth more than 20 bux. Anyone on EU want to try to activate an Arcade Hecarim/Riot Blitz for me and let me know? *(edit) Please show me that you play these champs though.

Championship Thresh is also on the shop now right? So that isn't worth anything. I can't remember if I gave it away or not already though.
wow that sounds cool

got any cute lux posters :>
Mmm don't think so. It'll be mystery. You want it?
If you have any posters or smaller swag left I'd love something!
Send you a poster
If you have a poster I would like one.
If not, I'll take anything else in the swag bag,
Swag is yours then. Wear your 'OK' bracelet with pride.

I think Nidalee is already in a very nice spot, more on the strong side but fine otherwise

Also I'd agree on the unlimited mana thing if Blue hadn't been butchered this season. We went from unlimited mana to "if you're oom might as well recall"

Jeff-DSA

Nah, guys, LeBlanc is still stupid. The AP ratios on her are out of control and her Distortion is one of the dumbest abilities in the game. Extremely safe and extremely high damage. With her ult, it's even more broken in the late game.

I think Nidalee is already in a very nice spot, more on the strong side but fine otherwise

Well, it would be nice if her spears were consistently visible.

subtles

I was playing a bit of Ziggs in preseason when Newt told me he was fine despite not being seen at all. I had quite a bit of fun with him, but had no where near the awareness of a few of the Challenger Ziggs I watched to learn a thing or two from. He might be pretty scary next patch.

zkylon

zkylewd
It may be just me, but I feel like their gameplay balancing as of late has been pretty on point. Sure they make a few mistakes but overall they seem to have a better grasp of balancing solo queue with competitive than ever before.

Example 1: Nidalee. Nidalee gets a LOT of hate, but frankly she's not that instant win champ despite her perception. She has a pretty low winrate for the masses and is picked a lot competitively but hasn't impacted the increase in diversity we're seeing competitively. They recognize that and outline her new challenges with the tank meta rising. A nerf at this point would be ridiculous.
nah, i disagree, they've made a lot of big mistakes lately even if they're turning them around really quick. the excessive nerfs to syndra, veigar and kassadin in quick succession were pretty bad, as was the insane brokenness of new ahri on release

i think the policy of being a bit more cautious and going slow is the way to go to avoid ppl feeling like shit when they see their champions played competitively or just feel constantly frustrated because of their champion pool getting shaken up all the time, specially junglers

i also think they're pretty bad at explaining nerfs in their patchnotes that spend a lot of space being cute and not enough in answering the immediate questions ppl have.

the result is pretty nice tho, 5.5 was like a love letter to the game with a bunch of random buffs that made everybody happy, but rito's bad communication and lack of a clear direction with the jungle was making lots of ppl upset before that, even tho i think the game was pretty cool even back then. maybe not for junglers, but junglers are masochists so, u know. adc still sucks but adc is a dumb class with samey characters so it probably deserves a jungle-like overhaul to make it interesting.

about nidalee, her spears are still invisible and pretty bullshitty even when they land, which is specially annoying since getting hit enables her to pretty much one shot you. she's still a really annoying champion to play against that sacrifices very little for having six spells, so i dunno

personally i feel nidalee is more balanced when she's played ad. she's a lane bully and a splitpusher but her one-shotting of people decays eventually and she becomes a tanky nuisance with a bit of utility, rather than the annoying two shotting impossible-to-catch thing that she is right now

she may lose games but she's very annoying to play against

Mmm don't think so. It'll be mystery. You want it?
nah, shipping here too expensive and my walls are full anyways :>

thanks for your kind offer tho :>

When she's played AD she's either garbage or one of the most annoying lane bullies top lane ever saw

She's the least annoying when she's a midlaner. At least you can tell spears are coming and if she misses them she has nothing.

zkylon

zkylewd
When she's played AD she's either garbage or one of the most annoying lane bullies top lane ever saw

She's the least annoying when she's a midlaner. At least you can tell spears are coming and if she misses them she has nothing.
me finding her less annoying as ad might have to do that when she's ad she's someone else's problem :p

Blizzard

Banned
All hail the improved Karthus autoattack!

6 item cassi loses like 40 ap

it's not a big nerf
Are Riot's patch notes wrong? They say Cassiopeia is losing about 12% bonus ability power, which is 96 AP if you have 800 AP. You'd have to have around 340 AP for 12% to be 40 AP, and I find it very hard to believe a 6-item Cassiopeia would have only 340 AP.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Guess it's bad timing on my part now.

Still 1 more mystery poster left, and the EU skin code offer above.
Also have one (US) Large Worlds 2013 Tee unworn.

uBlbiPf.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
i only want the shirt if u wear it first

also is dat a ziggs bomb

why are you giving this stuff away are u cray

Are Riot's patch notes wrong? They say Cassiopeia is losing about 12% bonus ability power, which is 96 AP if you have 800 AP. You'd have to have around 340 AP for 12% to be 40 AP, and I find it very hard to believe a 6-item Cassiopeia would have only 340 AP.

forgot the exact math but it's prolly 12% of the bonus ap from the passives, not 12% off her total ap. so say she has 800 ap, 30% off that is 240 and 12% off that is like 28 or something.

something like that

just do the additive vs multiplicative math, i forgot how it was

at least her spear hitbox isnt as bullshit as it was before.
the hitbox is smaller now, so it's not like a morgana binding of death like before, but the hitbox is still weirdly offsetted in some situations in comparison to the actual particle

and spears are still often invisible

just fucking fix that damn spell lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom