• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

bokn

Banned
Despite all the shit Tristana gets, I think Uzi plays her amazingly

SK behind as expected. Interestingly enough they handle the matchup way better than TSM did.
tsm crushing sk
Shrc close game with tpa
Shrc crushing tsm
Tpa close game with sk
Shrc slightly favoured over sk

So basically, group B is eu lcs

Leezard

Despite all the shit Tristana gets, I think Uzi plays her amazingly

tsm crushing sk
Shrc close game with tpa
Shrc crushing sk
Tpa close game with sk
Shrc slightly favoured over sk

So basically, group B is eu lcs

Pretty much. It's such a shame Svenskeren is an asshole or SK could have had a real chance of getting out of the group.

Candypanda has been absolute trash and their replacement jungler is just not up to the standard needed for worlds, although you can't blame him for it obviously.

They have the shotcalling and Freddy is a great player, so if they could get a new jungler with a level head and then a talented adc you would have a very strong team.

Cuddler

Another victory, it was more difficult than I thought it would be. Anyway, 3-0 now, I'm happy, I hope they continue like this and win all the other three match.

Berg already did, his level 1 trade before jungle even stepped in showed that. It's funny how they struggled right from the start against tsm, but actually put up a fight against shrc lol.
They're probably getting used to playing with Gilius

Not like it's helping much

TSM just relies so much on having a lead sometimes that they struggle when games are even. And they also seem to have a mental failing against teams they think are better than them. Honestly I think they just need a confident, experienced leader. If Bjergsen is still on TSM by this time next year I think they'll be better but he's still really young.

Also as a side note, I much prefer Prolly/Monte/Quikshot than the bigger 5 man desk. Prolly is really good to listen to, acts like an adult, and I'm not worried about Phreak/Krepo etc trying to get in some pointless burns against each other or any pathetic lame puns.

I'm kind of sick of Phreak at this point tbh.

Damn, the AHQ and DP have really ruined this part of groups. Only two or three games watching per day at most. But at least it allows me to get some more sleep.

Edit: Why is SSW vs DP even allowed? Holy hell, this should not be a game at Worlds.

I feel like it would've been more exciting if you swapped groups A and D (just in name) so that we wouldn't get the current A and B groups at once. It almost feels like Worlds hasn't started yet because group B is not that impressive so far and A is incredibly one sided.

SSW played that game almost as perfect as you could have.

because Riot have not a damn clue how to run a tournament, 4th Worlds and they still didn't even get the basics right.

I don't understand this reasoning. It's the group stages of a WORLD championship. It's not necessarily about having the best 16 teams, but having the best 16 teams that represent every region.

It's not any different to more established sports like Rugby Union for example, you get pools where you have teams like the All Blacks playing against USA or Japan.

zkylon

zkylewd
because Riot have not a damn clue how to run a tournament, 4th Worlds and they still didn't even get the basics right.
sorry dude but this is beyond stupid

tsm got stomped by royal. sk got stomped by everybody. should it only be korea vs korea?

it's a worlds championship, riot gives a lot of teams a chance so there are teams that represent every region. watching dp play against white is cool for ppl from turkey and it's important for their growth as a region. riot isn't stupid so we don't get 3 teams from each server, but there's a bit of representation for "in development" regions. it hurts no one and it's only a few games in group stages.

basics, pls

zkylon

zkylewd
how is Turkey not EU?
they play all the sports in the european leagues.
i get what you mean but it's a server thing

for instance the team from latin america that goes to the wild card thing is the winner of (latam south v latam north) v brazil.

turkey has its own server, that's why they go in the wildcard instead of europe

give the turkish winners a chance to qualify for EU LCS or something like that.

i don't know how getting stomped like DP just did helps anyone.
- it's boring
- it makes the entire group less exciting

give the smaller regions a chance to play against better competition throughout the year and let them develop. don't just throw them in front of a lion.

Top Bottom