• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

idlewild_

My only experience with LoL is playing vs. bots and the only thing holding me back is hearing how bad the community is for new players.

You know, I hear people complain about this a lot and I honestly don't see it that much in game. I occasionally play on a low level acct with my friend and his gf, both of whom have just started playing recently, and I don't think I've seen someone rage once.

In ranked I might report someone for being abusive maybe once every 20+ games. Based on my experience, if someone sees people consistently being abusive in chat then either they are instigating something or they have exceptionally thin skin and get offended at any type of criticism.

That's just my experience though, so ymmv.

brian!

cool vs. dade vs. xwx vs. xpeke hype

one thing missing from group a and b was the idea of hype lane matchups, unless you count ssw bot vs. edg bot, which ended up being a little underwhelming cuz namei was busy vomiting onto his screen

xwx shitting on everyone the dream

bokn

Banned
I don't get why Korean teams are shying away from Piglet.

2nd tier teams like Stealths and Frost(;-;) would see instant improvement with him on board.

It's because roster swaps can happen after worlds and teams are still waiting to see if NJWS or SSW/SSB drop anybody also

Its because Piglet hasn't been playing impressively for some time now. Yea, a lot of it is Poohmandu + Piglet having an atrocious laning phase but it reflects poorly on him.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Where do you check to know what games to watch later after they air?
TL didn't seem to have a poll section for spoiler free game recommendations like they do for SC and I can't check client like Dota.

bokn

Banned
GROUPS C + D - Day 1
t1411635600z4.png
(preview show right now if you are so inclined)
Twitch | YouTube | Azubu

Today's Matches:
Xpgpfx2.png

Key Matches:
LMQ v OMG
An NA/CN team developed in NA pitted against their CN rivals from Worlds2013. Should be interesting to see how they stack
C9 v ALL
The best NA team vs the best EU team. Let the salt commence. Also an opportunity to see how the star of their respective teams - Hai and Froggen have developed during their bootcamping.
FNC v LMQ
Another EU v NA matchup that also gives us the opportunity to see if this years FNC is good Fnatic or shit Fnatic.

Makareu

I enjoyed the first 2 groups, and on paper groups C and D should be even better.
And really curious to see which Fnatic will show up.

CRS

Gonna be in the mumble room just for the first game then head off to bed.

omg that black dress, sjokz.

FUCK.

Leezard

LMQ making some moves but they get hit by so many Nami bubbles and lose objectives "for free". If this goes late game, OMG has the edge. OMG is the team that is favored when the gold is even.

LMQ really needs to get a lead and widen it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like neither team is looking too good

maybe it's just this game or playing against lmq but omg seems to have dropped level from last year :/

Leezard

i feel like neither team is looking too good

maybe it's just this game or playing against lmq but omg seems to have dropped level from last year :/

Yeah, both teams are definitely making quite some mistakes. The question is, is LMQ stronger than in NA LCS or is OMG worse than usual?

Top Bottom