• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

Leezard

Dimb made a good post a while back.

I dunno, I kinda agree after seeing this.

The mechanical level of play is definitely higher than NA, so I dunno about that.

Xerath actually got into the meta shortly after that game, so I'd argue that dimb was simply wrong there.

EU is inconsistent, but I don't think dimb actually explains why

Sofo

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck this.
PJSalt.png

Alliance were trying to run a comp that they aren't good at, presumably because they thought this would be a good match to show off in. Turns out that when you put Wickd on Kayle, he plays poorly, Froggen isn't a strong Fizz, and they can't execute the Twitch/Kayle combos like the Korean teams have done for months. Well played by Kabum. Their mid laner was excellent.

I would say the inconsistency of Europe (and to a lesser extent NA) is due to teams in both regions having this mistaken idea that they can carry one, two, or even three sub-par players on the backs of one or two star players. The result is that when those one or two hard-ass carries have a bad day, you no longer have a functional team.

NA had huge problems with this due to "legacy" players (Scarra, Reggie, Hotshot, etc.), and still haven't completely broken themselves of the habit. EU just seems to think they can throw whoever they want into bot-lanes, though, like it's fine if they're looking all Jersey Shore in their bot-lane because mid will carry, right?

And sometimes mid does carry, and it's all fine. And then sometimes mid doesn't carry, and it's like they don't even actually have a team anymore.

bokn

Banned
The mechanical level of play is definitely higher than NA, so I dunno about that.

Xerath actually got into the meta shortly after that game, so I'd argue that dimb was simply wrong there.

EU is inconsistent, but I don't think dimb actually explains why

Kabum have been pretty good in lane throughout the tournament

It seems to me that they had the stars align and win every lane and dominated the game through that

Alliance were trying to run a comp that they aren't good at, presumably because they thought this would be a good match to show off in. Turns out that when you put Wickd on Kayle, he plays poorly, Froggen isn't a strong Fizz, and they can't execute the Twitch/Kayle combos like the Korean teams have done for months. Well played by Kabum. Their mid laner was excellent.
Yeah this too. I think they underestimated KaBooooom a lot

I'm still of the mind that KR twitch are the best

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Froggen is one of the best Fizz players in the world. We don't have to make excuses for Alliance.

Flare

Rito's Official statement about Fnatic/Blue:

Here ya go

TL;DR: There was no bug in the Fnatic vs. OMG game. Due to a specific, intended interaction between the Homeguard enchantment and Recall, champions who successfully complete a recall will have the Homeguard enchantment on their boots trigger when they spawn in base. The confusion arose because of an unlisted—but intended and well-known —interaction whereby damage doesn’t interrupt a recall in the last moments before the animation completes. The outcome of the Fnatic vs. OMG game stands.

Eh, I'm not making excuses. It's well known that Alliance has limited strategic depth. Wickd's champion poll is comically small, and has always been. For some reason, he'd been getting Irelia regularly before this match. I'm being a bit unfair on Froggen's Fizz - but you can't deny he lost lane and ended up making desperate plays (that engage at dragon was "what?" worthy). He likes to control games (or, at least, Alliance needs him to control games) and Fizz doesn't do that. Their comp needed well executed teamfights to win, and they never really got to close to pulling it off (the fights they did win were usually more due to Minerva and Danagorn making mistakes).

who cares if it was a joke. Someone mentioned Viktor during the game! Riot knows it exist still!
and still after 2 years not even put out any Viktor changes they promised even on PBE

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is Wickd the best Kayle player in the world tho
Can anyone be the best Kayle right now? These teams are picking Kayle because they're too scared to pick anything else top.
who cares if it was a joke. Someone mentioned Viktor during the game! Riot knows it exist still!
and still after 2 years not even put out any Viktor changes they promised even on PBE
I can tell you don't play the game.

bokn

Banned
I was always surprised teams rarely banned Wickd out. He seemed so uncomfortable on Kayle.

I'm sure C9 took notes that game. ALL are going to have a very tough tiebreaker... if they even get one.

GAME: another TALON counterpick into ZED again? We have yet to see this work. Show us something I guess, Dade.

Sofo

I was always surprised teams rarely banned Wickd out. He seemed so uncomfortable on Kayle.

I'm sure C9 took notes that game. ALL are going to have a very tough tiebreaker... if they even get one.

GAME: another TALON counterpick into ZED again? We have yet to see this work. Show us something I guess, Dade.

Someone commented to me that Dade is known for his Talon? idk about that. But xPeke isn't known for his Zed particularly.

Can anyone be the best Kayle right now? These teams are picking Kayle because they're too scared to pick anything else top.

I can tell you don't play the game.

You realize Viktor is a lot better right now on Live right? They did change him.

i couldn't tell you the last time i played Live server. And when was the last time he got actually changed? 3.xx something. There was rioters talking about his staff changes (the thing i was talking about) ages ago before even trinkets

nvm just saw something of a change in the 4.17 thing, trust me to not start the client up since right before worlds

viktor TU/and kit update was on last PBE cycle tho.

i've been playing Path of Exile hardcore all month and having the stream going while i played. much easier to do then playing and getting my league fix. Tho i did get a good 2 days out of that modified Dominion map

I'm more then happy that Viktor is better now and Prototype Viktor is still his only skin that matters

bokn

Banned
I have to say, I think the pick+b variety this worlds has been better than any other year (dont remember season1)

Nekofrog

Banned
if you get lee sin, DO something with it. he is going to bring nothing to the table if you just play passive

if you are 2 inhibs down and they are pushing the mid inhib turret, HARD ENGAGE FFS BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT WIN IF YOU DON'T

Top Bottom