• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

ok finally on PBE again, they changed hexakill to TT wth, i approve of these viktor changes now. Just need to figure out a upgrade path for my playstyle

playing during the game b/c i don't expect this game to matter much C9 vs Shield

Leezard

C9 lost the fight but got the objectives they wanted

The next fight might decide it

edit: GG C9

First game an NA team wins against Korea since 2012

bokn

Banned
NA FANS PARTYING IN THE STREETS EVERYWHERE

EU fans crying
0 EU in quarters

rip eu

the EU v NA wars was like a rollercoaster this worlds

Great worlds. crazy games. EU and NA closer to KR than many people thought.

Makareu

GG C9.
And EU teams all shot themselves in the foot at some point, hope that leads to changes on how they approach the game.

What an incredible match.

Balls is an absolute god on Rumble.

I'm not even mad EU is out. Will be rooting for NA for the rest of the tournament.

Holy shit.

Pretty good game by C9. I really liked when they forced NWS to decide between contesting Baron or stopping Zed from killing their top inhib.

What an incredible match.

Balls is an absolute god on Rumble.

I'm not even mad EU is out. Will be rooting for NA for the rest of the tournament.

Holy shit.

I remember Balls had a completely flubbed ult when they teamfighted at bot inhib for the first time. Like, he planted the ult way way behind C9. I was wondering if it was a misclick since it can't even be used to cover their escape.

Leezard

GG C9.
And EU teams all shot themselves in the foot at some point, hope that leads to changes on how they approach the game.

Indeed. Even if the EU teams have all played better than the NA teams some games, the NA consistency shows.

Excellent worlds so far.

Well my bracket prediction looks hilarious now. I had Alliance in the semis and SK going to quarters.

Great to see Koreans not being unbeatable anymore, and even better to see NA succeeding. I think it's testament to the NA scene at the moment, they are trying really hard to learn from the Koreans and despite their trash talk, they are actually really humble about their strategies.

Europe seems to play almost a bit arrogantly to some degree, almost ignoring the rest of the world. They remind me a bit of China in that they seem to be rather isolated.

European teams really need to change their playstyles. They aren't aggressive enough. Fnatic got unlucky this tournament and I really like that team, but for me Alliance is everything wrong with a lot of the European meta.

I miss Gambit :(

Leezard

So, if C9 wins once more against NWS, they have a real chance of going to the finals. That would mean C9 has gone further in Worlds than any other NA team ever.

If they lose... I can't see them winning against SSB.

So good to see Rumble played properly after sOAZ and ackerman gave average/bad games on him earlier today. On mutliple occasions Balls' ultimates saved his team and caught Shield out. Hai played out of his mind too.

No EU in QFs for the first time ever. Doubt EU will be stronger in future either - I think their best LoL time has past, with their greatest team disintegrating, others only holding steady and some of their best players going overseas. Like, EU will still have one or two great teams, but the average level will be clearly higher in NA than EU in 2015.

Twitch quality so bad through my XB1 :(

OTOH the group setup and progression structure has helped a lot this year in adding to the excitement.

So good to see Rumble played properly after sOAZ and ackerman gave average/bad games on him earlier today. On mutliple occasions Balls' ultimates saved his team and caught Shield out. Hai played out of his mind too.

No EU in QFs for the first time ever. Doubt EU will be stronger in future either - I think their best LoL time has past, with their greatest team disintegrating, others only holding steady and some of their best players going overseas. Like, EU will still have one or two great teams, but the average level will be clearly higher in NA than EU in 2015.

Disagree.

European teams have shown that when they play their best they can beat any team, including the Korean number one seed. NA's advantage this year has been their consistency which EU has sorely lacked.

If EU can sort out it's consistency issues then they'll have the advantage.

Also, Europe's best players aren't going overseas. Remember, Bjergsen was a member of a team that went to relegations twice. He was a player on a team that was scraping by in the EU LCS. He's developed really well, but it's not like Froggen and co. are jumping ship to NA.

Noof

I'm so happy that C9 won, if it wasn't 5 AM I would've been screaming. They played that last fight perfectly! Rooting for LMQ now vs OMG.

Well Crumbzz picked OMG, guess that's that.

Makareu

No EU in QFs for the first time ever. Doubt EU will be stronger in future either - I think their best LoL time has past, with their greatest team disintegrating and others only holding steady and some of their best players going overseas. Like, EU will still have one or two great teams, but the average level will be clearly higher in NA than EU in 2015.

Yeah if EU wants to change its trajectory, esport organizations will have to step up and stop giving players too much control on how the teams are handheld. I really think the pool of players is here but until now there is just too much inertia.
On a side not Alliance players must be down something special.

European teams would really benefit from a team like LMQ coming to their region. Strong mechanical players that are really aggressive. Teaches teams a lot about pick/ban, teamfighting, and forces them to have good mechanics.

Noof

European teams would really benefit from a team like LMQ coming to their region. Strong mechanical players that are really aggressive. Teaches teams a lot about pick/ban, teamfighting, and forces them to have good mechanics.

There were rumors of a "Samsung Red" or something like that going over to EU..but Riot announced that rule where you have to have 3 residents on your team so that won't happen now.

Laieon

Oh man, didn't realize there was games on today! Definitely regret not being able to see C9 take the win, hopefully a replay goes up soon.

garath

What the heck happened this morning??? I just turn it on and see fanatic at the bottom, cloud 9 at the top. Did alliance lose to kaboom???

Woah! Bjergsen was an absolute monster in his first season in the LCS! Don't hold CW being 0-9 when he got to play for them against him - I believe their record afterward was top 3-4 worthy, and that was with TheTess and NeeGodBro on the team. Remember his Zed and Syndra hero carries?

Dexter, Amazing and Krepo are all strong LCS players in NA (remember that dexter was at last year's worlds, and Amazing is one of two EU players in this year's Quarter-Finals, Krepo is one of the best western supports around - I'd take him over Nyph any day). I think we'll continue to see one or two great players poached from EU teams, particularly if they can't get into Fnatic and Alliance. With the cross-region rule changes coming in next year, Western EU players are arguably more attractive than ever since they largely speak English and can fit into American culture easily (would you be at all surprised if someone signed fredy, say?). Eastern EU teams tend to run into language difficulties when looking to replace players - has happened to MYM, Gambit, and might happen to Roccat at some point. I suppose it's possible another Gambit comes along, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fnatic and Alliance will remain strong though. Could definitely see them pulling far away from Copenhagen Wolves, Millenium (a team with no coach...) and the like and making a good go of keeping up with the rest of the world. History has shown that it's very tough to improve as fast as equals practicing in more competitive regions while you're dominant in your own, though, and I wonder how Fnatic will recover if Peke, sOAZ, Cyanide or Rekkles ever leave though - they've been together so long I imagine transition would be tough.

My view might make more sense if I say that I have really high expectations of NA - I think NA will be close to Korea this time next year. NA has came a massive distance in one year and shows no signs of stopping.

I don't know enough about China to predict at all what will happen there, only that the competitive depth there is insane, but they're elite teams always seem to have key flaws that stop them succeeding internationally.

garath

Wow alliance. Just wow. Points for beating white shield but negative points for losing to kaboom. I need to watch these vods. That cost them the groups. Amazing.

Woah! Bjergsen was an absolute monster in his first season in the LCS! Don't hold CW being 0-9 when he got to play for them against him - I believe their record afterward was top 3-4 worthy, and that was with TheTess and NeeGodBro on the team. Remember his Zed and Syndra hero carries?

Dexter, Amazing and Krepo are all strong LCS players in NA (remember that dexter was at last year's worlds, and Amazing is one of two EU players in this year's Quarter-Finals, Krepo is one of the best western supports around - I'd take him over Nyph any day). I think we'll continue to see one or two great players poached from EU teams, particularly if they can't get into Fnatic and Alliance. With the cross-region rule changes coming in next year, Western EU players are arguably more attractive than ever since they largely speak English and can fit into American culture easily (would you be at all surprised if someone signed fredy, say?). Eastern EU teams tend to run into language difficulties when looking to replace players - has happened to MYM, Gambit, and might happen to Roccat at some point. I suppose it's possible another Gambit comes along, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fnatic and Alliance will remain strong though. Could definitely see them pulling far away from Copenhagen Wolves, Millenium (a team with no coach...) and the like and making a good go of keeping up with the rest of the world. History has shown that it's very tough to improve as fast as equals practicing in more competitive regions while you're dominant in your own, though, and I wonder how Fnatic will recover if Peke, sOAZ, Cyanide or Rekkles ever leave though - they've been together so long I imagine transition would be tough.

My view might make more sense if I say that I have really high expectations of NA - I think NA will be close to Korea this time next year. NA has came a massive distance in one year and shows no signs of stopping.

I don't know enough about China to predict at all what will happen there, only that the competitive depth there is insane, but they're elite teams always seem to have key flaws that stop them succeeding internationally.

Amazing was also on a team that scraped through relegations and hasn't exactly been amazing.

Krepo is really good, yeah, but one can argue he was and still is past his prime considering EG were in the last 2 relegations in NA.

Bjergsen came in to CW and played well yeah, but then NIP also struggled in the next season.

Dexter is probably the best example of a strong EU player going to NA, but in the end he was a player that wasn't wanted by EU and performed sub-par in NA.

The worry for NA outside of their current teams is that there's nothing decent coming out of the challenger scene, so they have to poach from other regions. Some of those will work out (Bjergsen) and a lot won't (Seraph, perhaps Amazing etc,)

Also you have to take into account the new regional restrictions that Riot implemented. NA may have the structural improvement that EU has yet to catch up to, but they're not producing talent right now.

Sofo

I just realized, should we be spoiling our posts/reactions for people that will watch the VODs? I'm sorry I never realized or thought to ask before ._. Sorry for spoilers so far

I just realized, should we be spoiling our posts/reactions for people that will watch the VODs? I'm sorry I never realized or thought to ask before ._. Sorry for spoilers so far

Nah I don't think so. Nobody is going to read this thread thinking it will be spoiler free. Maybe in the actual League OT.

bokn

Banned
We'd have to spoiler 80% of the thread

This thread is for discussion, and I'm sure people come to the last page of the thread knowing that they might be spoilt.

Leezard

I'm not sure about the Kassadin pick into an AD centric comp, but we'll see.

He'll have a hard time if he lanes against the Nidalee or in the 2 v 1.

Kassadin has a tanky armor-focused build path that is amazing against full AD comps. We'll have to see whether he goes for that build path though, or if he falls behind before it is possible.

Sofo

Ah! Thank god haha, was scared of making a fool of myself (I save that for normals!).

I really dislike the Zed vs Talon matchup, and I'm not sure Hai can pull it off entirely.

Top Bottom