• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

bokn

Banned
So you're saying that people have tried the case of:

"If you recall but take damage just before recalling, you still get homeguards"

and found it impossible?

And are you saying it's not readily reproduce-able?

CRS

So you're saying that people have tried the case of:

"If you recall but take damage just before recalling, you still get homeguards"

and found it impossible?

And are you saying it's not readily reproduce-able?

I'm saying that you get homeguards when you recall because you (shouldn't) have taken any damage. The 8? seconds it takes to recall are the 7(?) seconds it takes for the Homeguards' passive to proc. It's always been known that if you get attacked with less than a half second or so left on the recall timer, it doesn't stop the recall. It just hasn't been an issue up until now.

And a bug being reproduce-able does NOT disqualify it from being a bug.

garath

In any pro game where refs can make bad calls, you look at the game as a whole. If you really wanted the win, then there were probably ways to not be in a situation where a single bad call/bug decides the whole game.

CRS

In any pro game where refs can make bad calls, you look at the game as a whole. If you really wanted the win, then there were probably ways to not be in a situation where a single bad call/bug decides the whole game.

Oh I agree. Rumble shouldn't have TP'd and gone in as a team instead. They all fucked up by going in one by one. The shot calls there is what cost them the game.

What they could have done is regroup and do the waiting game all over again.

bokn

Banned
I'm saying that you get homeguards when you recall because you (shouldn't) have taken any damage. The 8? seconds it takes to recall are the 7(?) seconds it takes for the Homeguards' passive to proc. It's always been known that if you get attacked with less than a half second or so left on the recall timer, it doesn't stop the recall. It just hasn't been an issue up until now.

And a bug being reproduce-able does NOT disqualify it from being a bug.

'shouldnt' have taken any damage isnt the point

there have been plenty of times where I've tried to stop people's recalls and was simply too late to stop it - but I had still dealt them damage.

THAT is what I want to know. If that case still causes homeguards to occur.

I agree that just because an effect is reproduce-able doesnt disqualify it from being a bug. What I'm saying is that if something is so reproduce-able that it always happens - then it was an intentional part of the programming - and instead, the problem is a lack of clarity in the tooltips.

CRS

'shouldnt' have taken any damage isnt the point

there have been plenty of times where I've tried to stop people's recalls and was simply too late to stop it - but I had still dealt them damage.

THAT is what I want to know. If that case still causes homeguards to occur.

I agree that just because an effect is reproduce-able doesnt disqualify it from being a bug. What I'm saying is that if something is so reproduce-able that it always happens - then it was an intentional part of the programming - and instead, the problem is a lack of clarity in the tooltips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrWdnWxZX4

According to the video above, Homeguards still procs.

I just don't agree with your latter part about the bugs but that's a non-issue here so we can squash that (heh).

bokn

Banned
Well I'm not saying it's a non-issue - since the game wording matching the effect is important to all players - especially for learning

But the fact that it always happens in this one case makes it seem like a programmed exception (cos why? idk, laziness perhaps)

And Pro-players are the most likely to know those odd exceptions compared to the rest of us plebs who are actually worried about "OMG THE EFFECT DOESNT MATCH THE TOOLTIP"

So what I'm saying is that, why the hell are we trying to raise shit for the players when it seems like the players have accepted this?
Accepted their misplays in the nexus being alive, accepting that failing to stop the back = homeguards

The fanbase supporting 'omg bug rematch' are kinda missing the point and perhaps even disrespectful

edit: yeah that video is clear proof that recall is what activates homeguards and it's not a bug, its just the way the game is coded.

brian!

i dunno if the players have accepted this but a good team probably wouldnt be salty about it

like they wouldn't restart a game if someone was trying to stop someone's b, did damage to them, and they went b anyway
like it's how the game is
it's probably assumed that when you recall you didn't take damage since damage ostensibly prevents a recall
but we know it doesnt

thats what i think happened cloudius
also the game not ending there was great for me
more darn moments less we are the champions moments

Rurunaki

I disagree. The game LITERALLY came down to 1 hit off the nexus. Yea, OMG won that, but if that recall bug was legitimate, it actually affected the outcome of the game in a significant manner. I'm not saying OMG didn't deserve it, but to say its not a bug and that it had no effect on the outcome of the game is ridiculous. Any other game? Maybe. But the nexus was 1 hit away from Fnatic winning the entire game.

Really? You just dismissed every other variables and just came to the conclusion of OMG winning because of a "bug."? Technically OMG did win because of a bug and his name is Kha'zix.

Blame Soaz for taking isolated damage from Kha'zix or not activating his Zhonya's. Let's just take it away from both teams on how good that game is and say a glitch finsihed that game for them.

There was a clear difference on how Xpeke backdoor'd to win last year and how Soaz pretty much dropped the ball this year. Let's not forget how Rekkles always gets caught in dives losing them the teamfights leading to that OMG comeback. Lot's of good plays from both teams, but Fnatic got real sloppy in the end costing them the match. What pisses me off is how much people trumpet how a "bug" caused Fnatic to lose. It takes so much away from these players.

Edit: Lastly, do we know what Client Version they're using?

Really? You just dismissed every other variables and just came to the conclusion of OMG winning because of a "bug."? Technically OMG did win because of a bug and his name is Kha'zix.

Blame Soaz for taking isolated damage from Kha'zix or not activating his Zhonya's. Let's just take it away from both teams on how good that game is and say a glitch finsihed that game for them.

There was a clear difference on how Xpeke backdoor'd to win last year and how Soaz pretty much dropped the ball this year. Let's not forget how Rekkles always gets caught in dives losing them the teamfights leading to that OMG comeback. Lot's of good plays from both teams, but Fnatic got real sloppy in the end costing them the match. What pisses me off is how much people trumpet how a "bug" caused Fnatic to lose. It takes so much away from these players.

Edit: Lastly, do we know what Client Version they're using?

How am I dismissing it? Stop reading arguments into my post that don't exist. I simply said that the bug had an impact on the game. Which it did. Am I suppose to pretend it didn't? Yes, it was unfortunate, and yes, we have no idea on what could have happened. Fnatic might have lost, as they did, regardless. However, the bug, had an impact on the game.

Its as simple as that. You're free to read as many arguments about points you want to make into my post as you want. But I haven't said any of that, nor do I plan to. So please, keep debating yourself.

Opiate

Eh, just treat it as a blown call in any other sport and fix that shit for the future. People calling for a replay are being ridiculous.

I agree with this. Umpires blow calls. Refs miss a play. Players are put in the penalty box when they shouldn't be. It happens. It's extremely difficult to convince the person on the wrong side of luck, however, that they just happen to be the unlucky ones. It sucks to be the one holding the short straw.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sorry guys it's not a "bug".

It's a clarity issue - Homeguards/Recall is worded poorly. The likely problem is that if you recall, Homeguards will always activate. This is simply how its programmed - hence it is not a bug, but 'intended effect' because that's exactly how they wrote it. What I want to see is somebody deal damage to somebody without maw but fail to stop the recall - if they still get homeguards.

Alternatively, if it is readily reproduce-able by regular means then how can it be a bug if it ALWAYS HAPPENS. A bug is an unfortunate error. This is something that didn't happen the way that riot said it should, but it always happens. It is the game. And if it is the game, pro players should know that if you fail to interrupt a recall but still deal damage that the person will still get their homeguard effect.

this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJg9bwQ1C8Q&feature=youtu.be

bokn

Banned

yeah, CRS showed me a video too.

My point is that this ALWAYS happens.

The fact that homeguards are activated after recall are a core part of the coding of the game.

it is NOT a bug.

it is a tooltip error on homeguards.

Pro players/pro teams of all people should know this interaction and I'm sure Fnatic have no issue with this interaction

This is nothing like how a Shen ult may randomly fail to teleport shen. That is something pro players cannot predict and cannot make plays/calls upon. Fnatic made the call on something readily predictable and they lost.

After GMB's game got remade just because Aatrox W heal proc'd every 2 instead of 3 attacks for a very brief period, I really lost confidence in Riot's decisions when to remake games or not. Talk about an incredibly irrelevant bug.

AcridMeat

Banned
Finally caught up on games from last night. ALLIANCE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

these groups are so damn exciting, the fnatic beating samsung blue, the insane game where they needed 1 auto on nexus and then lost, then came back and smashed lmq, my god these GROUPS

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
After GMB's game got remade just because Aatrox W heal proc'd every 2 instead of 3 attacks for a very brief period, I really lost confidence in Riot's decisions when to remake games or not. Talk about an incredibly irrelevant bug.
The Aatrox bug has a major impact on the entire game. I don't really see how something like that could be ignored.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, CRS showed me a video too.

My point is that this ALWAYS happens.

The fact that homeguards are activated after recall are a core part of the coding of the game.

it is NOT a bug.

it is a tooltip error on homeguards.

Pro players/pro teams of all people should know this interaction and I'm sure Fnatic have no issue with this interaction

This is nothing like how a Shen ult may randomly fail to teleport shen. That is something pro players cannot predict and cannot make plays/calls upon. Fnatic made the call on something readily predictable and they lost.
well like what rito allen says is "If you check in game, Homeguard is based on taking damage, not being in combat. Kha took no damage, as it was blocked by Maw. Results stand."

in the video i posted kha takes dmg without the maw and still gets the homeguard so like sounds like it's the game systems not working as intended

doesn't sound like a tooltip error

but yeah, omg didn't really take advantage of the bug the way darien did with the aatrox thing and remakes always feel sour, so rito should just fix the tooltip/weird interaction and move on

bokn

Banned
well like what rito allen says is "If you check in game, Homeguard is based on taking damage, not being in combat. Kha took no damage, as it was blocked by Maw. Results stand."

in the video i posted kha takes dmg without the maw and still gets the homeguard so like sounds like it's the game systems not working as intended

doesn't sound like a tooltip error

but yeah, omg didn't really take advantage of the bug the way darien did with the aatrox thing and remakes always feel sour, so rito should just fix the tooltip/weird interaction and move on

thats cos nick allen is wrong

recall clearly always provides homeguard, either hard coded into recall or because recall = out of combat

brian!

here's riot punishing nick allen for saying things
Byg-M0SCUAA6mRW.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
well i dunno rito allen is a spokesperson so i figure he asked the designers and that's what he got

a programmer in the game made a mistake and implemented it faultly, it doesn't have to crash the game to count as unintended behavior

like once i forgot to take out a hardcoded value on a an app i made and u know customers were angry and we had to patch it lol

brian!

i don't think it's a mistake
i think the whole point of that caveat for homeguards is so ppl dont just run back and forth from the fountain while defending a siege

not because, yo i tagged this guy while he was heading out and shouldnt be allowed to zoom zoom

bokn

Banned
That's enough drama for now eh

GROUPS C+D DAY 4 - FINAL DAY
t1411884000z4.png

Current Standings:
4ATMLIE.png
rbecr79.png

Today's Games:
c7bok9p.png

Nobody is locked in yet. (But some have a better chance than others)

SSB:
- if they beat LMQ, they will advance.

LMQ:
- must beat SSB and OMG to advance.
- if LMQ loses to SSB but defeat OMG + FNC lose to SSB, then they advance. (if FNC beat SSB, it will be a tie)

OMG:
- if OMG beat LMQ and LMQ lose to SSB, OMG advance.

FNC:
- if FNC beat SSB and SSB beat LMQ and LMQ beat OMG, FNC will tie for 2nd place.
- if FNC beat SSB and LMQ beat both SSB and OMG, FNC will advance.

NJWS:
- if NJWS beat Cloud9, they advance

ALL:
- if ALL beat Kabum and C9 lose to NJWS, they advance.
- if ALL beat KBM and C9 defeat NJWS, there will be a 3way tie.

C9:
- C9 must defeat NJWS to create a 3 way tie for a chance at advancing.

tl;dr - FNC, LMQ and C9 have it tough

Rurunaki

That's enough drama for now eh

GROUPS C+D DAY 4 - FINAL DAY
t1411884000z4.png

Current Standings:
4ATMLIE.png
rbecr79.png

Today's Games:
c7bok9p.png

Nobody is locked in yet. (But some have a better chance than others)

SSB:
- if they beat LMQ, they will advance.

LMQ:
- must beat SSB and OMG to advance.
- if LMQ loses to SSB but defeat OMG + FNC lose to SSB, then they advance. (if FNC beat SSB, it will be a tie)

OMG:
- if OMG beat LMQ and LMQ lose to SSB, OMG advance.

FNC:
- if FNC beat SSB and SSB beat LMQ and LMQ beat OMG, FNC will tie for 2nd place.
- if FNC beat SSB and LMQ beat both SSB and OMG, FNC will advance.

NJWS:
- if NJWS beat Cloud9, they advance

ALL:
- if ALL beat Kabum and C9 lose to NJWS, they advance.
- if ALL beat KBM and C9 defeat NJWS, there will be a 3way tie.

C9:
- C9 must defeat NJWS to create a 3 way tie for a chance at advancing.

tl;dr - FNC, LMQ and C9 have it tough

Confirmed: Koreans pretty much got this as much I as hate that scenario.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This kayle pick seems very odd. I can't quite tell why it seemed like a good idea.
Scales decently, beats Ryze early, outsplits and can't be shut out of a game completely. Works well with the rest of c9 in a disengage comp.

I want C9 to win but I also want them to lose terribly. They need a new bot lane and I don't think they'll realize it unless they don't advance.

Top Bottom