• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

nerv

idk, the instant he appeared on the map he was pinged about 20 times

They pinged the base when the crowd cheered right before he was seen, I just rewatched the vod.

iidkux.png

This here was when they pinged him out and they were already moving in the general direction before (at least Thresh):

egvbkn.png

Could just be coincidence and them being wary of the splitpush, it's still a bit iffy though.

zkylon

zkylewd
trist doesn't go super well with rumble+syndra

i dunno about the graves tho, i felt like kog would've been beast in this comp

Sofo

Morellonomicon picked up by Hai on Syndra instead of Athene's, that's to counter Maokai's passive right?

Sometimes I am not that great at itemization choices!

zkylon

zkylewd
imo graves was a pretty terrible choice

Morellonomicon picked up by Hai on Syndra instead of Athene's, that's to counter Maokai's passive right?

Sometimes I am not that great at itemization choices!

he buys it for a earlier damage spike (he got it against nidalee too)

i don't agree, he's been denied tons of blue buffs and had to base lots of times because of it

but it does make some sense since c9 is banking everything on early-mid game snowballs

Sofo

imo graves was a pretty terrible choice

he buys it for a earlier damage spike (he got it against nidalee too)

i don't agree, he's been denied tons of blue buffs and had to base lots of times because of it

but it does make some sense since c9 is banking everything on early-mid game snowballs

ty Zky :3 you're always helpful!

Good effort by C9 but couldn't be this game, GG though!

zkylon

zkylewd
hai's too fast and loose and meteos is too passive

they can't just rely on getting free lvl 1 wins like first game

ty Zky :3 you're always helpful!

Good effort by C9 but couldn't be this game, GG though!

np <3

rushing morellos is pretty risky but that's how c9's playing so i guess it's not such a bad idea

Korten

Banned
:( I think I'm just going to have to accept that North America will probably never win worlds. Probably will be an Asia team from now till LoL ends... :(

Spirit has been camping top lane every game. On Lee Sin, with his buddy Acorn, he carried SSB to 2-1. Dade has had strong games on TF and Jayce (twice) too, but the SSB bot lane has struggled hard. It's crazy how much work Deft does considering he falls behind every game (I think Heart makes a lot of misjudgments in the 2v2).

C9 need to use their bot lane advantage to snowball harder - game 2 was ruined by getting a dragon completely turned on them by Rumble and TF teleports and game 3 by Spirit going crazy.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's been such a weird thing to see these american teams being so happy and smiling while being crushed and the korean teams looking so grim and serious even in victory

being a pro player in korea doesn't sound like such a good career choice imo

Sofo

:( I think I'm just going to have to accept that North America will probably never win worlds. Probably will be an Asia team from now till LoL ends... :(

I am relatively new to the esports lol scene but the fact that some of the western teams have managed to snatch some games from prominent Korean teams is prove that if anything, the difference between regions is gonna shrink. Gotta have in mind that the scene in Korea has helped a lot, which is something that now we are getting here in the west.

Not saying Korea will suck now, they're better yeah, but definitely don't need to put them on a pedestal.

Ferga

It's sad to see Meteos hit one of his highest peaks and his lowest low in the same season.

Pro gaming is brutal when you factor in a constantly changing meta.

Top Bottom