• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Really awkward 3x trophy lift into nothing then an English music performance in front of a Korean crowd (Even with HS English).

Lights and fireworks are nice though.

Veggy

Crowd has been pretty terrible overall, they barely got hype over big plays as well

Just hard to imagine 60k people being so quiet

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
6wCXrSB.png

Skux

A much better Worlds package this year. Now we just need the games to be exciting...

Edit: I mean the finals. The group and knockout stages were awesome.

Groups were amazing and we had some really hype quarter/semi final series.

If I had one complaint it's that the knockout stage brackets probably should have been random instead of Group A winner vs Group B runner up etc. so one side wasn't stacked.

But still, I really enjoyed Worlds this year. Massive step up in every regard.

Flare

This worlds was the best one yet. The format was a large, large improvement over seasons 2 and 3. The games in the group and the knockout rounds were pretty great altogether.

The only thing I really want for next season is a losers bracket to really determine the next best team to go into the finals. That would make the finals more exciting hopefully.

Leezard

This worlds was the best one yet. The format was a large, large improvement over seasons 2 and 3. The games in the group and the knockout rounds were pretty great altogether.

The only thing I really want for next season is a loser's bracket to really determine the next best team to go into the finals. That would make the finals more exciting hopefully.

I don't think a loser's bracket would have changed anything. Samsung Blue was most likely the second strongest team in worlds this year and they got stomped by white in the semis. If anything, a loser's bracket would have been quite ugly if Blue had to stomp SHRC in this series and then stomp SSB or SHRC once more in another series.

Skux

Losers brackets are a bad idea for a world final. Straight knockout is simple to understand, dramatic since every game is a must-win, and ensures that only winners get to the final.

bokn

Banned
Groups were amazing and we had some really hype quarter/semi final series.

If I had one complaint it's that the knockout stage brackets probably should have been random instead of Group A winner vs Group B runner up etc. so one side wasn't stacked.

But still, I really enjoyed Worlds this year. Massive step up in every regard.
Random knockout brackets can also create stacked sides in a bracket.I think the good thing about random brackets is that you cant blame anybody when it is random picks
Losers brackets are a bad idea for a world final. Straight knockout is simple to understand, dramatic since every game is a must-win, and ensures that only winners get to the final.

Good points. Not only that, we didnt play group stages for days just so seeding barely doesnt have to matter in a losers bracket

zkylon

zkylewd
well 9 am, been at my friend's place since like 11 pm watching this thing

really enjoyed it, my friend threw the apartment keys and i missed them and they hit my bottle of argie booze and it broke and almost cut up all my hand and then we ordered pizza but pizza was like super shitty so we ended up running to get sandwiches at like 2 am

fun times

other than that we cheered a lot for royal, and just had a great time, really enjoyed it.

the games were as one sided as we all thought unfortunately but i guess that one game was cool. also imagine dragons was hilarious, like all tattoo dudes dressed in black singing happy radio songs like wtf so ridic. loved it lol

glad they let the players lift the damn cup themselves and actually interviewed them. wtf was up with rito last worlds

tl;dr: i'm forever disappointed about lack of girls generation in ahri cosplay

AcridMeat

Banned
I went to bed before game 4, just finished watching it now and watching the celebrations. What the hell is this band that just started playing....wow. Hahahah after a year of assaulting us with trance and techno we get this Disney grade upbeat music? That's a silly thing.

Anyway congrats White, you deserve it.

edit: Holy moly the fireworks.

janoDX

Good worlds this year, it had a lot of good fights and the best team won, also Imagine Dragons, I love Imagine Dragons.

zkylon

zkylewd
wonder if the s5 changes will make games less stompy

tho rubberbanding too much like early s4 wouldn't be great either

They are intentionally trying to make the new dragon reward less snowbally when you immediately get it - i.e. one dragon's worth of gold in the early-mid game on the current patch would be worth more (assuming spent efficiently) than the permanent buff in S5 - but make continuously taking dragons more advantageous than currently. Right now, the difference between losing the first three dragons and losing the first four is negligible - you're likely in turtle/stall mode anyway and if you get to the super-late game all the dragon gold in the world won't matter. On the S5 patch it will be much more significant.

zkylon

zkylewd
With the way new dragon works, I doubt it.

i dunno first two dragons in s5 feels like they aren't worth much.

but like first game being super snowballed because of that single lvl 1 kill (insta spirit stone and some more wards and bye bye insec) i wonder if it might change if you have like spirit wolves defending your camps and whatnot

bokn

Banned
Holy shit it happened. Tabzz is a free agent now. Probably ALL rekklez.

I hope Riot unban mithy, nuckeduck and incarnation for the craziest split known to man

This is too crazy

Leezard

Holy shit it happened. Tabzz is a free agent now. Probably ALL rekklez.

I hope Riot unban mithy, nuckeduck and incarnation for the craziest split known to man

This is too crazy

Holy shit. I didn't think Alliance would actually do it.'

Now get a Korean support or Krepo to replace Nyph. Also Korean top laner.

Makareu

Rekkles to Alliance still makes no sense to me. Alliance needs a shotcaller, not more mechanical gifted players (and it's not like Tabzz is bad to begin with). Alliance problem is they have no idea what to do past 25 min and relies on a early lead to win or just wait for their opponent to throw.

I still want to believe in SK grabbing Rekkles and a Korean mid.

Top Bottom