• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Type2

Koo looks pretty good while clg looks less bad than the rest of the group. Hopefully they clean up their play for the head to head.

j75vIc8.png

Zynx

https://twitter.com/lolesports/status/649661275404763136

So apparently Riot paused and TOLD CLG that there was a ward there.
What the hell with competitive integrity. They NEVER did this before in LCS or any other competition. Unprecedented favoritism.

I also went to check the official 2015 Worlds rules, and there's NOTHING that indicates any change in how the rules treat wards, vision bugs, or the like.
https://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaw... World Championship Rule Set Version 1_01.pdf

If it actually was bugged then them notifying CLG of the ward seems fine to me, would you have preferred they redo the game?

https://twitter.com/lolesports/status/649661275404763136

So apparently Riot paused and TOLD CLG that there was a ward there.
What the hell with competitive integrity. They NEVER did this before in LCS or any other competition. Unprecedented favoritism.

I also went to check the official 2015 Worlds rules, and there's NOTHING that indicates any change in how the rules treat wards, vision bugs, or the like.
https://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaw... World Championship Rule Set Version 1_01.pdf

Oh please. The bug was incredibly blatant and happening at Worlds matters more than any random regular season match. Labeling it favoritism is a bit over the top. The pink should have seen the green ward. CLG was making a decision based on the information that the game was telling them -- and that information was false. Riot manually gave them the information since the game wasn't displaying it right, that literally gave CLG no advantage, it only gave them the information the game should have given them. As a result, the game played out as it would have if CLG had seen the ward.

Zynx

Riot has never done anything with vision bugs before in professional games - including in the EU LCS finals (game 5, I believe), and the IWCI if you want to talk "important games".

Arbitrarily change how you referee matches is unfair (there was no notification in the form of rule changes) because competitors should be able to expect how things have been treated in the past to be treated the same way.

Riot has never done anything with vision bugs before in professional games - including in the EU LCS finals (game 5, I believe), and the IWCI if you want to talk "important games".

Okay? This is the World championship, the most important tournament of the year. This visual bug was incredibly blatant and game deciding. Due to a bug CLG was doing baron with the assumption that the enemy team had no vision, and the FW could see CLG's pink ward, so it was a one way visual bug that gave FW an advantage. Riot intervened to make sure that the FW didn't have an advantage in a blatantly bugged and game deciding situation. What would you have preferred, that Riot ignore it and let CLG lose due to false information from a bug? You're trying to create controversy where none exists for some reason.

So you think that Riot should have ignored it and let CLG lose an important match at the most important tournament of the year because of a bug? You don't see how that's an incredibly silly outlook?

Firestorm

Arbitrarily change how you referee matches is unfair (there was no notification in the form of rule changes) because competitors should be able to expect how things have been treated in the past to be treated the same way.
Learning from your past mistakes isn't unfair. If they only do it for this game and stop going forward sure.
Is this real life? 8 million from China when combining their two streaming sites.
Chinese streaming sites don't give accurate concurrent viewer information.

Leezard

I think it's fine for Riot to do this for CLG, but they need to be consistent with the rest of the games this tournament.

brian!

Whoa just started watching this, faker going straight for that blue meth in the beginning stay out of my territory

Well, here's the most important stat leading up to Worlds.

How often has Ryu died?

It has been 753 days since Faker's Zed killed Ryu's Zed. That's 1084320 seconds.
Now, here's the youtube view count:

1084320 seconds / 2011243 view = 0.5391292847259133 view per second.
So Ryu has died about every half second since the SKT vs KT finals.

(this was inspired by what Locodoco said in that video)

Top Bottom