• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

Finally caught up on the games. Brief thoughts on them:

Fnatic v iG
The most crucial win of the day. iG got outthought in the draft, getting baited in to a pick focussed comp against Shen and Azir. KaKAO couldn't influence the game at all as Skarner. iG need to clean up their draft big time.

C9 v AHQ
AHQ bet it all on getting the snowball going with Fizz and Darius, but C9 moved out of laning phase too fast for them. Just when it looked like AHQ were going to turn things around when westdoor solokilled Balls in the bot lane, Hai landed a massive pick off on Ziv and the game was over as AHQ committed to the fight. Ziv's error essentially threw the game. Nice to see Hai on Lee Sin.

SKT v H2K
Good effort from H2K to keep things competitive. They were landing genuine blows on the favourites until MaRin went off on Fiora. Ryu just wanting to jump on Faker over and over was funny.

EDG v BKT
Jinx was 3-0 after 4 minutes and the BKT top laner Flash->W'd a minion when ganking PawN. Hopefully this is the stomp of the tournament.

CLG v Flash Wolves
By far the best match of the day. Flash Wolves were able to isolate CLG's frontline for most of the match and repel their pushes. Xmithie landing the cocoon onto Kkramer won the game just when it looked like FW might pull off the upset, but they'd already made a big error in overcomitting bot lane and giving up what would have been their 4th dragon. One of the rare occasions when Lulu actually got through a ban phase so the game was slower than the others.

paiN v KOO
KOO made a right mess of their early game, and then stomped paiN with some superb Ashe arrows from PraY and engages from GorillA.

Bacon

Pretty sure there are individual ones

also man, maybe I should've picked C9 to get out of groups.....

why didnt I believe?

Eh they looked really good today but you never know how they're gonna be moving forward. They still have an uphill battle to get out of groups

garath

Finally watched the c9 game. Wow. They just handled ahq midgame. They got out laned pretty hard but their teamcomp, map control and teamfighting was as good as ever. I see potential for them if they keep it up but they run the risk of falling too far behind in laning phase. They need to at least get sneaky and incarnation even or ahead.

clemenx

Banned
I'm so excited that CLG and FNC may be legit good.

Even if they might not win a bo5 against the top 3 I hope they're as competitive as FNC series against SKT at MSI.

Really good set of games I'm watching them at the moment.

I listened to the games at work today and then went back and watched the C9 game and CLG game to see what actually happened.

I think Darius is an overrated pick in competitive because he can't exactly get into a fight easily with coordinated kiting. CLG's comp could have used a Fiora or Shen top more.

I want to see how tsm holds up. Going to have to watch that on vod for sure though. Have to work tomorrow

Supposedly TSM has been doing well in scrims, but I swear no matter how poorly TSM preforms we always hear about them doing incredible in scrims, so who can really say.

Quonny

Darius kinda has the Nasus syndrome. Unless you know how to deal with him, he gets out of control. Pros know how to deal with him.

He's still good, though.

Darius kinda has the Nasus syndrome. Unless you know how to deal with him, he gets out of control. Pros know how to deal with him.

He's still good, though.

Yeah. Darius is in a good spot. He has very clear weaknesses but good strengths as well. Someone like Gnar can punish him hard. I think Fiora will become the more important pick over him.

Supposedly TSM has been doing well in scrims, but I swear no matter how poorly TSM preforms we always hear about them doing incredible in scrims, so who can really say.

As a Liquid fan, saying a team is good in scrims means nothing to me. Since like the beginning of season 4, pros and coaches would say that Liquid are dominant in scrims, but that never seems to fully transfer over.

Elfstruck

Finally watched the c9 game. Wow. They just handled ahq midgame. They got out laned pretty hard but their teamcomp, map control and teamfighting was as good as ever. I see potential for them if they keep it up but they run the risk of falling too far behind in laning phase. They need to at least get sneaky and incarnation even or ahead.

C9 knows their weakness, which is why they left laning phase earlier than unsual. They excelled in midgame with Hai's good shotcalling. I believe C9 can take down IG, if they dont leave Balls comes to his lane down 20cs and a level because Zzitai and Kakao will punish that.

patchday

Looks like my picks all did pretty well (CLG, C9, Fnatic, SLK).

He's still good, though.

Yeah I think Darius will get handled but he has been an auto-ban most games I've watched

C9 knows their weakness, which is why they left laning phase earlier than unsual. They excelled in midgame with Hai's good shotcalling. I believe C9 can take down IG, if they dont leave Balls comes to his lane down 20cs and a level because Zzitai and Kakao will punish that.

Balls would of got punished on that tower dive if Mountain didn't waste his ult mid lane and Incarnati0n used TP to scare off the dive. Really underrated play that stopped the Darius snowball from starting then of course Hai insec's and Incarnati0n + Lemon landing every single god damn stun really finished them off.

Schedule of Games for 10.2.2015
Starting at 10AM EST

Game 1: kt Rolster vs, Team SoloMid
Game 2: LGD Gaming vs, Origen
Game 3: Bangkok Titans vs, SK Telecom T1
Game 4: H2K vs, Edward Gaming
Game 5: Flash Wolves vs, KOO Tigers
Game 6: CLG vs, Pain Gaming

Games to lookout for: Game 1, Game 2, and Game 5 should all be competitive.

My hopes are for one more surprise/upset, someone to play Lux mid, a Trundle support (after flexing the pick away from top lane) to pop up, and a base race. If one of those things happen, it'll be a pretty cool day.

Hearing that Pain went to EU to bootcamp against challenger teams amazed me. Do Wildcard teams get so little respect that they could only get scrims from challenger teams? That doesn't seem like much of a bootcamp.

NSESN

Hearing that Pain went to EU to bootcamp against challenger teams amazed me. Do Wildcard teams get so little respect that they could only get scrims from challenger teams? That doesn't seem like much of a bootcamp.

Pain was the last team to qualify so they had little time to travel to Korea and most teams had already a full scrim schedule.

If you were a top Korean/Chinese team would you want to scrim them? Hell I wouldn't even want to scrim NA/EU teams lol. Maybe like one or two games just to see their "meta/picks" but for all I know they could be picking random crap just to fuck with me when the real games happens (as we learn on the TSM reality show... TSM picks their real shit and Korea picks random shit so that's why TSM always does well in scrims and sucks in international events).

How do you know it works if you dont use it in scrims

I think most of the Korean/Chinese teams use real picks for 1-2 games then from there they conclude if it works or not. From what I've seen with TSM's reality show (not only this season but when they still had Chaox and that show too) they just run their real LCS comps over and over until someone beats it.

zkylon

zkylewd
just got around watching the games, pretty decent day to start off things, some nice surprises and mostly competitive games, pain looked like they could've actually taken the game if they had kept it together

I listened to the games at work today and then went back and watched the C9 game and CLG game to see what actually happened.

I think Darius is an overrated pick in competitive because he can't exactly get into a fight easily with coordinated kiting. CLG's comp could have used a Fiora or Shen top more.

That was my thinking too. He's powerful but at this level people know how to keep him out of the fight. That's probably the issue with many of the juggernauts. It was a good game but I don't think CLG was going to lose unless they really threw it. Doublelift was way too powerful. Also how do you listen to games? I'm at work too and I was thinking there should be some sort of radio-like option. I want to avoid running a video stream.

That was my thinking too. He's powerful but at this level people know how to keep him out of the fight. That's probably the issue with many of the juggernauts. It was a good game but I don't think CLG was going to lose unless they really threw it. Doublelift was way too powerful. Also how do you listen to games? I'm at work too and I was thinking there should be some sort of radio-like option. I want to avoid running a video stream.

I just put Twitch on my phone, put in headphones, and left it running in my pocket. It almost killed my battery by lunch, but thankfully I had a charger cord.

Also CLG totally could have lost that if Doublelift had gotten caught by Ekko at any point, in fact I don't know if they would have won if Xmithie didn't hit that cocoon, they were down 5k at that point.

poshclown

Neo Member
I just put Twitch on my phone, put in headphones, and left it running in my pocket. It almost killed my battery by lunch, but thankfully I had a charger cord.

Also CLG totally could have lost that if Doublelift had gotten caught by Ekko at any point, in fact I don't know if they would have won if Xmithie didn't hit that cocoon, they were down 5k at that point.

If it helps there is an 'Audio Only' mode. Once you've got the channel up click the Settings Cog and scroll down. Saves the battery and the audio quality is better than listening to mobile video.

garath

If it helps there is an 'Audio Only' mode. Once you've got the channel up click the Settings Cog and scroll down. Saves the battery and the audio quality is better than listening to mobile video.

Dammit. That's a great idea. Too bad I'm going to be in a meeting for tsm's game :( will try to tune in for the later ones at least

Edwardo

WZs9YVi.jpg

Top Bottom