• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

clemenx

Banned
Pobelter seemed to mostly be using his ult on Zion or Xmithie, Doublelift didn't seem to need that much protection and had really good positioning. I imagine they'll always try to have Afro on a support with peel capabilities.

Double didn't reallly need comps around him this split. He's been a silent positioning god dishing out damage while other teams mostly tried to keep Zion down.

I am now caught up on today's games. Really exciting Worlds so far! The parity between regions has been cut down greatly. NA is currently 3-1 and EU is currently 3-2 (with their two losses coming against SKT and EDG with their weakest team playing in H2K). The upsets are not the only exciting thing either. The pace of game has been AWESOME, lots of consistently action packed games from lvl 1 to finish. The meta allows so many picks and a diverse amount of team comps that the bans have not been uniform. I think Groups may be set up to be some of the most exciting League play we have ever seen, especially in the second half.

I have been enjoying Riot's production and the French crowd a lot too. The only annoyance so far has been Yamato, who I think is a bit of a prick. Some of that may just be that he can not form his opinions well in English like Monte and Krepo, but I think they had better options available for that slot. I hope they put Prolly in there once H2K is knocked out.

As for today's games

TSM vs. KT: went about how I expected it. Bjerg looked dominant early, but the rest of the team wasn't drafted well and didn't play out their champs in the correct fashion, which forced Bjerg to hard carry, and he couldn't.

OG vs. LGD: I liked OG's team comp and they did a great job of focusing Kog down after the awesome mid-game quad from Xpeke. Listening to that game, the crowd was going absolutely ballistic the whole time and made it very exciting!

SKT vs. BKT: Olaf mid!

EDG vs. H2K: I didn't listen to this one and I don't really feel enticed to go back and watch it after looking at the Reddit post.

FW vs. Koo: What a brilliant team comp by Flash Wolves! SwordArt had some really great aggressive plays to turn around the game. It was interesting to see such a big tower lead for Koo not turn into a big gold lead due to the GP mid and Nid hyper farm. That was not a boring poke comp to watch, they played it aggressively.

CLG vs. Pain: I think CLG got their ultimate comfort comp there minus Xmithie on Lee (and he played very well). Lulu can't be allowed through with an Olaf AND a hyper ADC like Trist/Jinx. Aphro played flawless setting up those flanks for team fights and getting kills in skirmishes early. Nice application of pressure throughout the game. Pain looked solid, but not on the same level.

The only annoyance so far has been Yamato, who I think is a bit of a prick. Some of that may just be that he can not form his opinions well in English like Monte and Krepo, but I think they had better options available for that slot. I hope they put Prolly in there once H2K is knocked out.

He just has stupid analysis. I found this on reddit where he says he'll show his testicles if Skarner is played in Worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CkB_O5u17w

might be fake since it blacks out in the end and could be edited in lol

Yea he's really young. Just looks, and dress older. And honestly I don't mind his comments I think he is trolling. I don't think he's serious about it.

He just sounds so serious when he says things because of his voice, it is hard to tell and it becomes grating compared to Zirene and Monte.

Really though besides that, great job all around! I do wish Joe Miller and Deman were here, but the casters have been fantastic especially in the SKT vs. BKT where DOA and Phreak went off.

NSESN

He just sounds so serious when he says things because of his voice, it is hard to tell and it becomes grating compared to Zirene and Monte.

Really though besides that, great job all around! I do wish Joe Miller and Deman were here, but the casters have been fantastic especially in the SKT vs. BKT where DOA and Phreak went off.

Joe was invited to cast, but he declined to let new talent cast, deman wasn't though.

clemenx

Banned
Joe Miller should cast every game forever. I think when I started watching competitive lol I was more into EU lcs than NA thanks to him. I've never liked neither Phreak nor Jatt :/

Kobe is <3 tho.

Tomorrow's lineup is insane. Everygame should be awesome.

The number of James Bond puns, it could not be contained.

patchday

I've had to listen to the twitch.tv feeds audio cause I've been busy at work.

But looking forward to watching this stuff tomorrow at home :)

I might have to watch the SKT game where they broke out Fiora. And maybe review CLG's video along with C9s game. And oh yeah Origen game...

I missed out on the video for some incredible plays

Makareu

My thoughts on the first 2 days. I think LoL has never been in such a good place at competitive levels. Between the visual updates and the current balance, I feel that games are more enjoyable to watch than ever.
In fact I have a few friends who don't play LoL who didnt mind watching a few game for the first time. The pace is really awesome with very little downtime even in the early game. It is either a lot of early skirmishes for jungle control or a lot of lane movements. And as the game advance it does not drag for no reason. And despite some obvious OP, champion diversity so far is good. I really like the current state of the game from a spectator point of view.

About the groups so far.

Group A, more or less playing like I expected, I believe it will be very close between CLG, KOO and FS. I can see a tiebreaker in the end.

Group B, it is only one game, but I did not expect C9 to be so decisive. I also had AHQ being a top 2 team in this group. They still have 5 games but I may have been dead wrong.

Group C, no surprise here, the hype around EDG vs SKT is guaranteed. Maybe H2K deserve some commendations, but it could very well be EDG and STK just going easy on them.

Group D, I have Origen in second place in my pick'em, but I expected the upset to happen against KT as historically there is often a Korean team that just goes missing at world. Didnt not see the LGD loss coming at all, and it actually makes this group very hard to read as I dont think TSM will go 0-6.

I am ready for today !

Sesto

Banned
I dont see TSM going 0-6. They can take off games from Origen, since they're not THAT consistent.

it's almost impossilbe for TSM to win vs OG. It's not like TSM lack good players, imo their pick and bann is terrible, their teamfight even worse. They lack coordination and it's pretty clear they don't trust/have a shotcaller. TSM made 0 progress in their korean bootcamp judging by their game yesterday.

NSESN

Xpeke played bad in playoffs, but people forget he is one of the best EU players in LoL history and he always performs well at worlds.Xpeke just needs to go even and OG has a free win IMO, i think the biggest mismatch is in the jungle, Amazing is playing much be

cHinzo

I personally think the biggest mismatch will be in the botlane. OG's botlane is so strong and hardly make any mistakes, while punishing TSM's. Don't really think Amazing is that good tbh and sOAZ also makes a lot of mistakes like Dyrus. Mid is gonna be a pretty safe farm lane imo, farming for the big fights, unless Bjergsen wants to try to win his lane again, but lose teamfights.

Caught up on yesterday's games. Brief thoughts:

KT v TSM
TSM actually got the better of the early lane swap, but ssumday showed much more composure than Dyrus and that let KT quickly catch up. Santorin and Lustboy got caught out too often and soon any chance of victory was fading fast, so TSM tried to force a baron, which usually works in NA, but got brutally punished by an excellent cross-map collapse by KT (and Bjergsen wasting his cooldowns on Piccaboo, who had a great match). Bad news for KT is that Nagne got his ass handed to him by Bjergsen in lane.

OG v LGD
Imp played out of his mind and Origen still came through. TBQ was completely irrelevant on Vi, which should be impossible with a point & click CC ult, but not if you use it on the support. Niels and mithy landed the Fate's Call in the crucial teamfight onto Imp and it being followed up so fast by Peke won them the game. LGD should be very worried about their jungler, and every other team should be target banning him. Crowd was amazing in this match.

BKT v SKT T1
Faker played Olaf mid. That is how many cares SKT gives about BKT.

H2k v EDG
EDG overextended into H2k's jungle to steal the second blue of the game, gave up 3 kills, and the game was still over by 15 minutes. The pace EDG play at with Kassadin when they get an advantage is scary. Clearlove is probably the best Rek'Sai in the world too. Whether EDG can get away with such a greedy approach in the playoffs is another question.

Flash Wolves v KOO
Great win for the Flash Wolves. KOO looked like they had everything in control when they were steadily chipping down FW's bottom outer tower, when SwordArt made the (correct) call to force an all-in with Morgana. This bought KOO map presence and a kill on Smeb, who had a surprisingly poor game on Gnar. KOO committed to a mid game teamfight when they thought they'd caught Steak out, but PraY's traps had fallen just short and they couldn't retreat in time before the poke got them. Karsa's Nidalee was magnificent (he should probably never get to play it again). Flash Wolves could easily by 2-0, but instead it's CLG who stand clear at the top of Group A. The KOO v CLG on days 4 and 5 will be crucial. Krepo gave us the best burn of the tournament so far in this match too "And it all started with a cocoon on Kkramer to knock him out of the team." Oof.

CLG v paiN
Excellent win from CLG. Should build their confidence after a shaky opening match.

Today's lineup of games:

Jt3JVNo.png

Darius is not having much success in Worlds so far.

I missed a few games, but no one has built around Darius except Flash Wolves.

You need to solve Darius's kitable problem, and Flash Wolves did that with double poke and GP Zoning. Darius job at that point is to destroy anyone who tries to get in the back line since he can pull them in and destroy.

Top Bottom