• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

I have been playing league since beta but I have never really got into E-sports really, I mean aside from the occasional forum post back in the day about hotshotgg I never really knew who any pro players/teams were.

However this year i am finding myself quite drawn to it. Mainly because leading up to it reading about Cloud 9 and then watching their matches and finding myself having someone to root for in this.

Even bought my first team icon of them.

Hope they can pull off an amazing sweep and make it to the finals.

Just play ARAM lol

I have been playing league since beta but I have never really got into E-sports really, I mean aside from the occasional forum post back in the day about hotshotgg I never really knew who any pro players/teams were.

However this year i am finding myself quite drawn to it. Mainly because leading up to it reading about Cloud 9 and then watching their matches and finding myself having someone to root for in this.

Even bought my first team icon of them.

Hope they can pull off an amazing sweep and make it to the finals.

Also fun watching some of the other teams. Watched the AHQ vs Fnatic earlier and thought for sure Fnatic was going to win going into mid game and then AHQ came back hard with some great team fight wins to take it.

C9 and CLG are the two teams I'm pulling for. Though SKT T1 seems to be really really good so far.

I probably wouldn't be playing that much League if I wasn't so into the competitive scene. It has done wonders for Riot and League's popularity.

Bacon

It's kind of crazy how C9 has turned into an underdog story even though they have been really good in their region for the vast majority of their existance.

They will probably do some sort of draw live like they did for the group stages.

Yeah, I know, but I'm also not kidding/being sarcastic.

I really hope they map out the brackets to ensure the best overall distribution of must-see matches and then just fake like it's randomized. "Oh yeah, what weird luck that both the Korean teams that advanced played each other in semis so we couldn't have a Korea vs. Korea final. A real tragedy."

Yeah I thought they didn't do draws. It should be this.

u3K82gx.jpg

http://2015.na.lolesports.com/articles/league-legends-world-championship-2014

Its randomized this year, with a few caveats

http://worlds.lolesports.com/en_US/worlds/about

Knockout%20Stage%20Structure_0.jpg

No two teams from the same group can be placed on the same half of the bracket (meaning, they would not play until the Finals).
In addition, each Quarterfinal will feature one No. 1 seed and one No. 2 seed from Groups. This organization rewards the higher seeds for their performance in the Groups, and prevents rematches before the Finals. Using this guide, the teams will be matched up randomly.

honestly, they should've just done it fully like the Champions League and make matches between two teams in the same group possible in semis

(and also draw the semis after quarterfinals)

Its randomized this year, with a few caveats

http://worlds.lolesports.com/en_US/worlds/about

Knockout%20Stage%20Structure_0.jpg

No two teams from the same group can be placed on the same half of the bracket (meaning, they would not play until the Finals).
In addition, each Quarterfinal will feature one No. 1 seed and one No. 2 seed from Groups. This organization rewards the higher seeds for their performance in the Groups, and prevents rematches before the Finals. Using this guide, the teams will be matched up randomly.

Ah I couldn't find it with google. Sounds good since it would prevent losing purposely to get favourable match ups.

Nekofrog

Banned
NEWT DOUBTED ME

I TOLD HIM

BRAND WAS GOING TO BE PICKED AT WORLDS

HE SAID HE WOULDNT

BUT I FUCKING CALLED IT NEWT YOU FUCKER

Leezard

Man, if LGD loses to TSM, it's highly likely they won't get out of groups. It would be the nail in the coffin for China's #1 seed.

Top Bottom