• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

CQaPsjdUkAAKkqP.png

Dat Azir damage though

Also, I find it interesting that IG never actually had much of a gold lead over C9.

EDG is 2-1...lost to SKT1.
LGD lost to KT and Origen.
IG lost to Fnatic and C9.

Doesn't seem so bad. They are up against good teams and have no representation in the weak Group A.

....That is awful justification. C9 was considered one of the weakest teams in the tournament coming in. China wanted to win the tournament, and they go 2-5 after 3 days.

tm24

Dat Azir damage though

Also, I find it interesting that IG never actually had much of a gold lead over C9.

The casters mentioned that while Zztai was stomping Balls, the other lanes were doing the same. The gold lead maxed at like 1k for IG and C9's main damage sources all had a big gold advantage on their lane oppenents

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
....That is awful justification. C9 was considered one of the weakest teams in the tournament coming in. China wanted to win the tournament, and they go 2-5 after 3 days.
I think most of the casters would agree that C9 is preforming well at worlds. I expect more from the Chinese teams but I don't think their performance over these first three days is completely damning. If LGD loses to TSM tomorrow and IG loses to AHQ it's time to start being concerned.

cHinzo

Looks like C9 is the real deal. The West is looking great boys!

Darius 6-3 btw in Worlds. Did someone say noob trap?

tm24

It's not damning, but it stands in stark contrast to the praise the entire region was getting prior to these last few days

zer0das

Banned
I think most of the casters would agree that C9 is preforming well at worlds. I expect more from the Chinese teams but I don't think their performance over these first three days is completely damning. If LGD loses to TSM tomorrow and IG loses to AHQ it's time to start being concerned.

It's time to be concerned already. LGD and IG are both 0-2 and pretty unlikely candidates to advance at this point.

Some of these Chinese players have no business playing at worlds. TBQ, Kid, Kittles, and AmazingJ are just terrible. These Chinese teams spend all this money on Korean players but won't spend any money on decent Chinese ones to back them up.

drawkcaB

Really love that C9 team comp. First time I've see a comp that actually benefits the Darius pick.

Tahm pick against Fnatic is good but doesn't fit all that well with his own team.

Not completely damning, but I mean, it's pretty simple: China, as a region, currently has the worst overall performance of any of the major regions. There's not much more that needs to be said than that to justify why "China's looking bad so far" is a self-evident statement, right?

cHinzo

Some of these Chinese players have no business playing at worlds. TBQ, Kid, Kittles, and AmazingJ are just terrible. These Chinese teams spend all this money on Korean players but won't spend any money on decent Chinese ones to back them up.
I really miss watching OMG at Worlds. Love seeing Uzi going HAM. I guess Doublelift took his role this Worlds. :)

garath

Go c9! Coming out of nowhere. Awesome after that ig player was saying they don't seem like much of a threat.

The west is really representing. Especially against the supposedly strong Chinese region.

Skt1 probably has the whole thing though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not completely damning, but I mean, it's pretty simple: China, as a region, currently has the worst overall performance of any of the major regions. There's not much more that needs to be said than that to justify why "China's looking bad so far" is a self-evident statement, right?
Again...free wins in Group A for other teams. No games yet against the really weak teams in the tournament.
They are up against good teams and have no representation in the weak Group A.

Messy game is right. Where's fnatics surgical precision tactics? This is like the xpeke skirmish fnatic.

Their composition breeds messy fights. Darius and Olaf with Sivir is just sort of a blitz composition that doesn't control space so much as ignore the opponent controlling space, and the result tends to be a lot of broken-up skirmishes. (Which Darius is okay with, but AHQ's not entirely unable to react to due to Fizz and Tahm actually being pretty good in split fights.)

The main thing they have to watch out for is getting engaged on and AoE CC'd. Annie's pretty much there just to prevent it, but YellowStar's getting caught out a bit too much at the start of fights.

Akira

What's best for C9? I want C9 and Fnatic to go through group so I don't have a preference for who wins this match. But I guess if AHQ wins it will be C9 at the top of the group.

What's best for C9? I want C9 and Fnatic to go through group so I don't have a preference for who wins this match. But I guess if AHQ wins it will be C9 at the top of the group.

ahq>Fnatic, C9>Fnatic, iG>ahq, then C9 has a two game lead after the first week? that probably isn't happening though lol

edit: or maybe it could, if Fnatic is still on tilt?

Top Bottom