• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
dragonlife29 said:
Also, I'm pretty sure I went against some L4D experts in Versus or something because my team was doing horribly. We thought they may have been cheating because they ALWAYS knew where we were spawning and would kill us almost instantly...but looking at their teamwork and tactics made me (at least) think otherwise. They were good--to the point that none of us wanted to bother doing the final chapter (Dark Carnival)...but we didn't want to be ragequitters and did our best.

that's always a bummer, when the team seems more like 1 4 sided dude that moves as a unit. you have to get frikkin lucky and the boomer is really important.

Got beat last night and our boomer seemed useless. I kept booming people for almost zero damage, they wouldn't even get rushed.

Also, missing with the charger is heartbreaking. Even more so is lining someone up and running into one of those small bridges in the swamp level.

I think i hate the swamp level.

Got destroyed in scavenge as well, people trying to make tricky jumps in dead centre and always end up falling off the stairs and hanging there while the rest of you get raped.

2 up and 2 down really doesn't work that great against an organised team. a smoker hunter combo can EASILY take out another group of 2.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
We had a fun as hell VS game last night in Dead Center with the Gaf group. Everyone was getting fucked hardcore as survivors because of a combination of really nicely coordinated attacks, survivors straying from each other far more than they should have, and of course pills only. It's so much more fun imo when Survivors have it rough. I love wondering how far we will be able to make it. And mistakes actually mean something.

So how many people own the 360 version that are aiming to beat the campaigns on Expert? I see that Red and Rocket seem to play a lot but on the PC :( Any 360 bretheren?

daw840

SquallASF said:
So how many people own the 360 version that are aiming to beat the campaigns on Expert? I see that Red and Rocket seem to play a lot but on the PC :( Any 360 bretheren?

I've got the 360 version. Don't know about playing on expert though. :p

I'll give it a go though!

GT - DarkQberto.

I work every week day from 7-4 CST so I am usually available in the evenings.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
We had a fun as hell VS game last night in Dead Center with the Gaf group. Everyone was getting fucked hardcore as survivors because of a combination of really nicely coordinated attacks, survivors straying from each other far more than they should have, and of course pills only. It's so much more fun imo when Survivors have it rough. I love wondering how far we will be able to make it. And mistakes actually mean something.

Heh, that DC1 smoker spot is amazing. Too bad the other levels aren't as awesome as DC :(

daw840 said:
I've got the 360 version. Don't know about playing on expert though. :p

I'll give it a go though!

GT - DarkQberto.

I work every week day from 7-4 CST so I am usually available in the evenings.

We seem to have the same schedule though you're one hour ahead. I also get on during evenings though sometimes not until 9pm which would be 10pm your time. For Expert though, I'd make sure to get on earlier because of how long it takes to complete. Anyone else going for the Expert achievements on 360? or want to help?

Daigoro

fuck yes. Dead Center expert/realism in 1:11!

so glad i was bit more picky with team selection this morning. i quit out of a game and a few lobbies before i settled on one that seemed reasonable. only had to restart once on level 3 when we got beat down hard by a tank right at the beginning on the first try. then we had to restart twice on the finale just to get the pattern down and figure out who was going where. simple as pie.

1000/1000. that was fun. time to do it all again on PC. someday soon...

Grabbed my second Expert today on Hard Rain, which feels really easy, not like Expert at all... except for that second level, which is nightmarish. I think we probably spent 80% of our time and restarts on that one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
SquallASF said:
We seem to have the same schedule though you're one hour ahead. I also get on during evenings though sometimes not until 9pm which would be 10pm your time. For Expert though, I'd make sure to get on earlier because of how long it takes to complete. Anyone else going for the Expert achievements on 360? or want to help?

I beat all of L4D1 on expert but haven't done all that much with 2. I beat Dark Carnival on realism but that's it.

Ok, I grabbed your xbox tags and sent them to my home address to add you guys later. Papercuts, I'm not sure if you were wanting to do any or not but I grabbed your tag as well.

If anyone else wants to try Expert on 360 let me know, I figure the more the merrier since not everyone will be on at the same time, all the time.

SquallASF said:
Ok, I grabbed your xbox tags and sent them to my home address to add you guys later. Papercuts, I'm not sure if you were wanting to do any or not but I grabbed your tag as well.

If anyone else wants to try Expert on 360 let me know, I figure the more the merrier since not everyone will be on at the same time, all the time.
I'm up for some Expert. GT's dragonlife29.

I'll add some of the other GAFfers, too.

vertopci

Anyone who has signed up for the L4D VS League (click HERE if you haven't), start talking to other members and start forming teams. I like to get everything up and running by end of December.

So start actively searching for a team instead of expecting someone to randomly talk to you and ask to join their team

3/5 Expert done. Took four of us two hours to do Swamp Fever. We managed to get all four out on our first attempt of the finale, which is pretty crazy considering we'd built it up to be the hardest in the game and were shitting bricks about it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a working torrent (or direct download, whatever) for the Left 4 Dead 2 DEMO. I want to see if this will run on my machine before I drop $50 on it.

Boonoo

Blu_LED said:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a working torrent for the Left 4 Dead 2 DEMO. I want to see if this will run on my machine before I drop $50 on it.

What are you specs? Chances are that someone around has a similar rig.

Boonoo said:
What are you specs? Chances are that someone around has a similar rig.
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
E8135 @ 2.40GHz
4GB of Ram (although XP is telling me 3)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT

Low end iMac. It runs L4D, HL2 and TF2 fine. I would love to try the demo out for myself anyway, just to make sure.

Blizzard

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
E8135 @ 2.40GHz
4GB of Ram (although XP is telling me 3)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT

Low end iMac. It runs L4D, HL2 and TF2 fine. I would love to try the demo out for myself anyway, just to make sure.
If it runs L4D on high settings well, then I would very much guess that L4D2 would work on medium/high settings at least. I almost felt like L4D2 was more efficient than L4D, but I don't think the demo included parts with heavy weather effects, so I don't know for sure.

vazel

Banned
catfish said:
i wanna try expert, but that fucking mall with the fire alarm is crazy hard.
Dead Center is the easiest of the campaigns on expert. I've beat Dead Center on expert several times.

vazel

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Ahh, no wonder. OSX recognizes the 4GB no problem. Is it worth upgrading to 64-bit?
All games are programmed for 32-bit. Even the rare few that have 64-bit executables have to program for 2-3GB max. When you next upgrade it'd be stupid not to go 64-bit but it's not something you have to rush to.

vazel said:
All games are programmed for 32-bit. Even the rare few that have 64-bit executables have to program for 2-3GB max. When you next upgrade it'd be stupid not to go 64-bit but it's not something you have to rush to.
I'd rather be Windows free, so XP will suffice for now.

Nobody has the demo, so I can just give it a go anyway?

Blu_LED said:
Ahh, no wonder. OSX recognizes the 4GB no problem. Is it worth upgrading to 64-bit?
Going from 32-bit XP to 64-bit W7 provided a huge performance boost. I still have XP on a different hard drive, and going back to it is unbearable.

Sibylus

Banned
So I was stuck for half an hour testing my new power supply, hitting the button and watching the fans start and die down after a second or two. I thought I was wrestling with a DOA unit before I realized I had missed one tiny four-prong plug on the motherboard. It was white, behind the CPU fan, and blended in with the sandy colour of the mboard.

I HATE YOU TO DEATH, LITTLE PLUG

So yea, I want to play some coop tonight. The last week and a half have been annoying.

Nabs

=( we played at 2am last night, and were able to get 8 in minutes. it usually takes a year for us to get a full lobby.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs said:
=( we played at 2am last night, and were able to get 8 in minutes. it usually takes a year for us to get a full lobby.

I got home at like 2:30 and was kinda upset to see I missed a game by so little time :(

vazel

Banned
RocketDarkness said:
Going from 32-bit XP to 64-bit W7 provided a huge performance boost. I still have XP on a different hard drive, and going back to it is unbearable.
The extra registers from a 64-bit cpu can improve performance but they can also decrease it. There hasn't been any significant improvement/decrease in performance in apps/games that I know of. The main benefit from 64-bit is that it can access more memory. Not that any games take advantage of all that memory. People using huge files in photoshop sure notice a difference though.

SlickVic

Playing through Dark Carnival on easy with some randoms today and I realized easy just isn't the walk in the park it used to be in L4D1. We actually died at the end of level 4. :lol

Seems Valve changed their definition of easy. In L4D1 it meant next to no challenge (which is what you'd expect). In this game, all it means is it's easier than the other difficulties but still a bit of a challenge. I imagine having multiple special infected spawn on top of hordes has something to do with this.

Top Bottom