• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Smash88

Banned
Hey guys, back again, with more footage. We took a more comedic route this time (More funny rages :lol). This might be the last of the scavenge videos for dead center. Or who knows, we might come out with something better. Anyways, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcLuYbd1Ukc

:D

Oh yeah, we are definitely going to include a bloopers video. Not like all of these plans come out good all the time. :lol

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
O lord, that L4D1 was epic. I don't realize how much I miss it till we land one of those magnificent quad caps. That is pure satisfaction.

Those quads were amazing. Especially the alleyway one. God damn that was amazing

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zzoram said:
How is this possible? I know it's impossible on 360, but it feels impossible even on PC so I'm confused.

Um there are people on Youtube who did Expert Realism solo, all campaigns. Not impossible. I've gotten to the Plantation solo on Expert on 360, and I suck. I'll totally admit it. Never could beat the double tanks though.

123rl

I had two games last night (3v3 and then me against 2 friends). Both games were extremely close throughout and I won both times :D We royally screwed up on Dead Centre4 and only got about 290 points. When it was their turn they ran through the first few canisters and we were really worried. I managed to hit one of them with a Charger just as the others jumped down to another level, killing him. Then did the same about 3 seconds later to someone who ran off on his own. Someone spat on a canister to slow them down as another grabbed a Survivor as a Smoker and I came back as a Hunter to kill the last one - we won by less than 60 points

I really do love Versus but Valve need to re-design the levels for Versus mode. Some of them are just poor. Wide open levels with no cover or objects (ie the swamp) and you spawn me as a Tank? Middle of the forest and no trees or buildings to climb as the Hunter? It's so stupid. The SI should be able to climb every building.

HK-47 said:
Um there are people on Youtube who did Expert Realism solo, all campaigns. Not impossible. I've gotten to the Plantation solo on Expert on 360, and I suck. I'll totally admit it. Never could beat the double tanks though.
Those double Tanks on expert are a nightmare. It's as if the NPCs are in line calling next on those mighty Tank fists.
Never again, never again.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jeff Stephen said:
Those double Tanks on expert are a nightmare. It's as if the NPCs are in line calling next on those mighty Tank fists.
Never again, never again.
You pretty much have to beat them alone. The Tank AI is too good. Plus if they are in the house, the survivor AI doesnt have the room to avoid them effectively. And you cant really hold off the horde from the gate with one human survivor. Maybe from a corner of the grounds, but I havent tried it. Top of the stairs seems easiest.

I can't imagine doing it with bots, but we just lined up at the back of the stairs, fought the first tank by running around the top there (he can't hit you with rocks), and then killed the pair by setting them both on fire and then leading them on a merry dance around the garden.

You could probably do it with a team of two players and two bots.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Shake Appeal said:
I can't imagine doing it with bots, but we just lined up at the back of the stairs, fought the first tank by running around the top there (he can't hit you with rocks), and then killed the pair by setting them both on fire and then leading them on a merry dance around the garden.

You could probably do it with a team of two players and two bots.

Watch and be amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrIfNGuSPY

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
got all but dark carnival done on expert with bots, for the life of me i could not get past dk4 with them, its just such a crapshoot, i found the bots never got through the gates and making it through by myself was impossible because of the SI.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mr Cola said:
got all but dark carnival done on expert with bots, for the life of me i could not get past dk4 with them, its just such a crapshoot, i found the bots never got through the gates and making it through by myself was impossible because of the SI.

Need to save a bile jar.

Goddamnit, I got to the third level of The Parish doing solo Expert Realism, and then it kicked me back to the lobby because my Internet connection temporarily died.

vehn

Shake Appeal said:
Goddamnit, I got to the third level of The Parish doing solo Expert Realism, and then it kicked me back to the lobby because my Internet connection temporarily died.

ellissmilesatgaf.jpg

owlbeak

Anyone want to help me tackle expert mode either on 360 or PC? I got through all campaigns in the first game on expert with no problem, but L4D2 is kicking my ass! :(

XBL: Horsebite
Steam: Horsebite

Macmanus

I'm a bit lttp with l4d2. Just got her fired up. I'm all about versus and curious if you vets can give me any simple tips that will help me along my zombie infested travels.

I sunk at least 200 hours into the first game so I grasp the basics, but I'm curious if playing infected is still really boomer-centric. Wait for the bile to land and then attack. Also curious about spitter, jockey, and charger strategies and what the preferred weapons are. (Melee doesn't seem worth it over pistols to me at this point, but I could be dead wrong)

Thanks

vertopci

Macmanus said:
I'm a bit lttp with l4d2. Just got her fired up. I'm all about versus and curious if you vets can give me any simple tips that will help me along my zombie infested travels.

I sunk at least 200 hours into the first game so I grasp the basics, but I'm curious if playing infected is still really boomer-centric. Wait for the bile to land and then attack. Also curious about spitter, jockey, and charger strategies and what the preferred weapons are. (Melee doesn't seem worth it over pistols to me at this point, but I could be dead wrong)

Thanks

You won't get boomer that often in L4D2, which fucks everything up imo. Also, melee is worth it over pistols. Melee can take out a boomer horde quick as fuck. Plus they do 400 damage a hit to the tank.

Macmanus

vertopci said:
You won't get boomer that often in L4D2, which fucks everything up imo. Also, melee is worth it over pistols. Melee can take out a boomer horde quick as fuck. Plus they do 400 damage a hit to the tank.

The few versus games I've played the boomer seemed fairly constant, but not by comparison to L4D1.

What typically then is the general strat for infected distraction? Charger barrels in and everyone goes to town? It really feels like Valve skewed the versus aesthetics by adding new infected and changing their rolls, while keeping the old in there as well.

vertopci

Macmanus said:
The few versus games I've played the boomer seemed fairly constant, but not by comparison to L4D1.

What typically then is the general strat for infected distraction? Charger barrels in and everyone goes to town? It really feels like Valve skewed the versus aesthetics by adding new infected and changing there rolls, while keeping the old in there as well.

Because they did :lol Plus hunter and smoker got nerfed :(

Basic general strategy I suppose to do what you said: let charger barrel them first. However charger can be fairly easy to avoid in certain spots, so it might be better to send something like a jockey in for a distraction then barrel them.

mattso

vertopci said:
Because they did :lol Plus hunter and smoker got nerfed :(

Basic general strategy I suppose to do what you said: let charger barrel them first. However charger can be fairly easy to avoid in certain spots, so it might be better to send something like a jockey in for a distraction then barrel them.
Hunter still has the fastest dps I believe. Not having as many good pounce spots does suck though.

WEGGLES

Daigoro said:
are people still choosing to make Local servers? that would do it.
We were using dedicated.

Everyone was orange, but me who was red.

I have plenty fast internet and I was playing with people within a 6 hour drive of me, so it's not like I was lagging against people from China, Australia and Antarctica.

It's incredibly frustrating considering how good your timing has to be with the smoker/hunter/charger and how much lag fucks up melee...

Daigoro

WEGGLES said:
We were using dedicated.

Everyone was orange, but me who was red.

I have plenty fast internet and I was playing with people within a 6 hour drive of me, so it's not like I was lagging against people from China, Australia and Antarctica.

It's incredibly frustrating considering how good your timing has to be with the smoker/hunter/charger and how much lag fucks up melee...

yeah, cant melee with a red bar, that's for sure. i would've just tried to go back to the lobby and find another server, or quit if necessary.

most dedicated servers should be ok. they've been pretty solid for the last few weeks from my experience.

WEGGLES

Daigoro said:
yeah, cant melee with a red bar, that's for sure. i would've just tried to go back to the lobby and find another server, or quit if necessary.

most dedicated servers should be ok. they've been pretty solid for the last few weeks from my experience.
Overall I've had plenty of issues. If I do get a green ping it fluctuates between green and red constantly. It's incredibly frustrating to get a game going and not be able to play.

I did all sorts of tests, and I shouldn't have issues. Not the best speeds, but more than sufficient. Testing my connection on Xbox Live gives no errors.

Daigoro

fluctuating between Green and Red is abnormal. between green and yellow, or yellow/red maybe. but thats weird. after the first week or two i haven't had any major connection issues myself.

wait, are you on Virgin? i vaguely remember hearing about some sort of issue that affects Virgin customers specifically. dunno how that works, but its what ive read a few times.

sucks. sorry to hear about your issues. no other games affected like this?

edit: ok looks like youre not on Virgin. hm.

Teknoman

I'll be up for some late night zombie blasting in a little bit, PC flavor. Either going to start up a game or just look for one going on friends list.

WEGGLES

Daigoro said:
fluctuating between Green and Red is abnormal. between green and yellow, or yellow/red maybe. but thats weird. after the first week or two i haven't had any major connection issues myself.

wait, are you on Virgin? i vaguely remember hearing about some sort of issue that affects Virgin customers specifically. dunno how that works, but its what ive read a few times.

sucks. sorry to hear about your issues. no other games affected like this?

edit: ok looks like youre not on Virgin. hm.
Other than being thrown in janky games all the time in Mw2, no issues.
I had no problems with the first l4d, or borderlands, or any other mp game of recent memory.

Botolf said:
So I was stuck for half an hour testing my new power supply, hitting the button and watching the fans start and die down after a second or two. I thought I was wrestling with a DOA unit before I realized I had missed one tiny four-prong plug on the motherboard. It was white, behind the CPU fan, and blended in with the sandy colour of the mboard.

I HATE YOU TO DEATH, LITTLE PLUG

So yea, I want to play some coop tonight. The last week and a half have been annoying.

LOL I can sympathize. A couple of months ago I had to take my PC in to get fixed. I had purchased a brand new power supply unit (750w Crosshair) and thought that would fix it. Nope. Ended up taking it in and my mobo was the problem. So nice when I got it back.

vertopci

You guys really need to start getting your teams together if you're in the GAF L4D VS League. Stop sitting around expecting other people to ask you to join their teams and start talking to the other members. Then once you have your team, list them in the comment section of the group page.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vertopci said:
You guys really need to start getting your teams together if you're in the GAF L4D VS League. Stop sitting around expecting other people to ask you to join their teams and start talking to the other members.

If you guys don't get teams soon, Vert and I are just going to put teams together. So if you want to be with people you are familiar with, GET TO IT.

Red Scarlet

Hopefully RD can find someone for the team he wants me and Botolf to be in with him. Since he has a server, he is captain if we are a team.

vazel

Banned
A shortcut has gained popularity I see where you hop over the plane in swamp fever. It is fun but I hope it gets patched. It's not how you're supposed to play the game!

Daigoro

vazel said:
A shortcut has gained popularity I see where you hop over the plane in swamp fever. It is fun but I hope it gets patched. It's not how you're supposed to play the game!

don't do it then.

i was pissed when they took the shortcuts out of L4D1. but at least those took some skill.

im sure they'll path these too though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
xero273 said:
Are you guys recording your matches in this gaf l4d tourney and posting the dems for people to watch?

Sure, I wouldn't mind recording the matches I take part in. For L4D1 I can spectate other peoples matches to get a dem file because vert's server has spectator slots.

Top Bottom