• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

MNC

Botolf said:
We need moar coop people willing to play Versus like Coop. We need a Coop team in Versus.
Hi.

Don't put me in a team, I have a bad timezone and I can hardly hold a game schedule :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im tempted by this vs league but being euro based im not sure i can

Added that i dont have a team :eek:

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
gregor7777 said:
Anyone want to team up for the vs league? Red & Botolf, do you still need another?

flhox0.jpg

You have my sword.

Blizzard

Banned
Ooh, if anyone needs a pro player for the elite level league, I'm available!

Well, I don't have the game but I will dispense pro advice!!!

Tenks

Blizzard said:

You can be the team's coach!

Blizzard said:

You have the game fool. I believe this is just for L4D1. Vert, is this just for the first game or both?

And you can be on my team if you like.

It's me and ahoy right now.

vertopci

Mr Cola said:
Im tempted by this vs league but being euro based im not sure i can

Added that i dont have a team :eek:

We have a gaffer from japan in the league, so don't worry about being euro based :lol

gregor7777 said:
You have the game fool. I believe this is just for L4D1. Vert, is this just for the first game or both?

And you can be on my team if you like.

It's me and ahoy right now.

It's for both, but it will more skewed towards L4D1. The scavenge portion is only L4D2 obviously.

Blizzard said:

Not sure if telling people to take 50 fall damage is considered pro advice. Neither is telling them to get the sniper rifle :lol

Tenks

Man I've got the itch to play L4D2 right now. Fucking Torchlight stole all my time yesterday and my gf is stealing all my time tonight. fml ;(

vazel

Banned
Daigoro said:
id just quit and find some other random jerks to play with. might find someone with some sense that way.
You do realize by the time you reach that part you could've put 15-30 minutes into the campaign, right?

Plus knowing the shortcut is there and not taking it is kind of stupid when you often play on expert like I do. On expert you have to be careful to take the least amount of damage possible and put off healing for as long as you can. Sometimes when I don't want to risk the damage I lead the way with the shortcut. I feel like I'm cheating when I do it. I just want them to patch it out so I nor anyone else can't have that option.

WEGGLES said:
Anyone else getting unbearable levels of lag when playing on Xbox live? This is ridiculous.
Maybe not unbearable but noticeable, yeah.

I would wait for players by standing still and looking at them, then I'd look away for a sec and back again and they'd be gone...appearing a ways in front of me. Slight Melee lag, too, and apparently I couldn't see a vote screen (a guy on my team said, "What? Why are you trying to kick me out?"). I never even saw it and didn't vote but it still failed anyway...he left right after on his own.

Oh, yeah, and Charger fails =(

vazel

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
Oh, yeah, and Charger fails =(
On PC it seems if even one or two people are lagging then it affects charger aim even if everyone else is in green. Can't imagine how charger must be like for you poor 360 guys.

Alex

I get really good pings off of official dedicated, usually 25-35ish. Never really see people with above 75-100 max.

My charger aim could stand to improve though, but it's just me sucking, not the game. Usually I jump the gun and try to charge from too far instead of waiting for the group so I can move in and start my dash when I'm pretty close. Always nice to get a good scatter anyway.

Also, is it just me or has there been some Boomer oddities since the last patch?

vazel said:
On PC it seems if even one or two people are lagging then it affects charger aim even if everyone else is in green. Can't imagine how charger must be like for you poor 360 guys.
Well, to be honest, I'm not that great an aim when it comes to the Charger yet but even so, it's basically suckage stacked atop more suckage.

I recall in Dark Carnival at the beginning of The Tunnel of Love I could have Charger'd the whole team on the walkway but the game seemed to stutter as I charged and went to the side instead =( It's most likely my inability to gauge Charger/object distance, though.

Daigoro

vazel said:
You do realize by the time you reach that part you could've put 15-30 minutes into the campaign, right?

Plus knowing the shortcut is there and not taking it is kind of stupid when you often play on expert like I do. On expert you have to be careful to take the least amount of damage possible and put off healing for as long as you can. Sometimes when I don't want to risk the damage I lead the way with the shortcut. I feel like I'm cheating when I do it. I just want them to patch it out so I nor anyone else can't have that option.

ive beaten every campain on expert multiple times.

not taking the shortcut is stupid? you yourself said its not how you're supposed to play the game. it feels like cheating, but you lead the way and do it anyways. so you want valve to patch it out so you're not tempted to do it anymore.

pretty rock solid argument there.

Daigoro

i do too. he means he cant resist taking the shortcut so he wants Valve to patch it out.

i can resist taking the shortcuts, so i wouldnt mind if they left it in so i could goof around with it if and when i wanted to.

id like the option.

vazel

Banned
Daigoro said:
ive beaten every campain on expert multiple times.

not taking the shortcut is stupid? you yourself said its not how you're supposed to play the game. it feels like cheating, but you lead the way and do it anyways. so you want valve to patch it out so you're not tempted to do it anymore.

pretty rock solid argument there.
All I play is expert(with the occasional versus) and in expert sometimes when your team isn't that good it's best to take the shortcut and not risk taking a lot of damage from the plane event even though I know the shortcut is cheap. In situations like that it would be stupid not to do it when it's critical in expert mode to do everything possible to take the least damage possible just like it's stupid not to corner camp in L4D1. But I want the shortcut to be taken out as an option because it's not supposed to be there and it's too cheap and easy to do. I hope you can understand that.

Even when I don't want to do it I have to follow when others do it or I'll probably get kicked. It's not good teamwork to go against the team and start a crescendo event the entire team is not prepared for because they don't want to do it.

Sibylus

Banned
While we wait for confirmation, let's discuss our Coop team creed.

• No rushing through the level. Take your time and smell the roses!
  • Explore and look for items.
  • Use whatever weapon you feel like using.
  • All crescendos shall be run from their start to their end. Stopping is permitted if it is to briefly heal or help a teammate, but camping is forbidden.
  • Stick together, don't run off, watch each other's backs.
  • Don't use level exploits or glitches.
  • Don't be a douche.
  • Don't worry about the score.

Anything to add, change, or otherwise?

Daigoro

cant wait to play coop with you guys. im expecting it to go on sale in the next few days hopefully.

im dragging pops ass out of retirement too. one way or another. if just for a run or two... :/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
looking back on the year, I think this is probably my GOTY.

it's just the total package.

Smash88

Banned
Yay, I'm back from my food poisoning. Man that was probably the most rough 24 hours of my life. I hope no one goes through what I have. Ever.

Hopefully I can back onto doing these achievements. See you later today (since it's 6am now :lol).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Rez said:
looking back on the year, I think this is probably my GOTY.

it's just the total package.

Its either this or Machinarium for me. I've been on a zombie media binge lately too.

Wrekt

HK-47 said:
Well I finally got PC L4D with the Steam holiday sale. Good stuff.
I was looking forward to picking up the first L4D cheap but the holiday sale only dropped it to $23. Every time it drops to bargain bin prices I miss the sale. I think it was $10 like twice last month and I missed it both times. I'm afraid to pay any more than that now.

Zzoram

Wrekt said:
I was looking forward to picking up the first L4D cheap but the holiday sale only dropped it to $23. Every time it drops to bargain bin prices I miss the sale. I think it was $10 like twice last month and I missed it both times. I'm afraid to pay any more than that now.

There was 1 day when it was $7.50

Top Bottom