• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

I feel terrible, jumped into a friend's game, he was at the finale of dead center on expert. Helped him and his team out but I was the only one to survive.

It took them like 2 and a half hours, and I stole their win. I feel terrible. :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Heavy's Sandvich said:
I feel terrible, jumped into a friend's game, he was at the finale of dead center on expert. Helped him and his team out but I was the only one to survive.

It took them like 2 and a half hours, and I stole their win. I feel terrible. :lol

That was an incredible dick move, you should have gotten yourself killed so that the map would be restarted.

Volcynika

Yeah, if it's expert, go for the maximum survival rate instead of just yourself (unless they all completed it previously). I like to fool them that I'll win the finale then kill myself and we have a good laugh after I make their hearts stop :lol

If your friend rages during a friends' game of versus, he is not your friend. This happened to me last night. A friend invited me to a lobby with 2 of his friends, one of who was absolutely immature (the ones who spam and can't relax). My friend asks me to invite people I know, so I invited couple of total pros on my team. The immature guy didn't want to wait for my friends and wanted to pubstomp. I told him to calm the F down. Anyways, the game of dead center starts. The immature guy tries to deathcharge me, misses, goes out the window, splat. He starts cursing me (???) in caps as to why I moved and dodged his charger. jeez. We all make it to the end, and in our turn as infected, I was a charger. In a sweet turn of events, I knocked the immature guy out the ledge along with his buddy. 2 insta deaths. Holy crocodile tears!

Anyways, the "friend" who invited me kept wanting to go back to lobby in Dead center 2 and said he didn't wanted to play, and finally ragequits. We all knock the piss out of the immature guy and he ragequits in his waaahmbulance too. I soon removed the friend from my buddy list. Soon the lobby is pubbed, and we change teams to balance the power and we have a tremendous game of fun. Anyways, sorry for the rant I just wanted to let it out. If someone from your buddy list ragequits, remove them!

Stallion Free said:
That was an incredible dick move, you should have gotten yourself killed so that the map would be restarted.

I genuinely didn't mean to escape. Two cans left, as I was putting in the last one, they were all on their feet, as soon as it's done, they all drop one by one. As I'm leaving the magical square, the level ends.

Honestly, I didn't mean to escape. Profusely apologising. I've done them all on expert, I feel so bad.

But not that bad!

Edit: I put in about fifteen 'genuinely'

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Heavy's Sandvich said:
I genuinely didn't mean to escape. Two cans left, as I was putting in the last one, they were all on their feet, as soon as it's done, they all drop one by one. As I'm leaving the magical square, the level ends.

That's why communication is important. To be fair, it's partially your friends fault as well for not telling you to stop putting in the last can.

Stallion Free said:
That's why communication is important. To be fair, it's partially your friends fault as well for not telling you to stop putting in the last can.

It's all my fault, I should have let them put the last can in. Dead Center is easy though, won't be too much bother tomorrow.

Sibylus

Banned
I very nearly was in the same situation when I played Dead Center one time with Red Scarlet and others. Two of our group went down at pretty much the same time, and I was about a quarter of a second away from finishing the last can. I caught it just in time and we were able to revive them and escape.

Volcynika

Botolf said:
I very nearly was in the same situation when I played Dead Center one time with Red Scarlet and others. Two of our group went down at pretty much the same time, and I was about a quarter of a second away from finishing the last can. I caught it just in time and we were able to revive them and escape.

That's the kinda Protolf we need to see more of, not the "melee gas station" kind!

Sibylus

Banned
Volcynika said:
That's the kinda Protolf we need to see more of, not the "melee gas station" kind!
Well, if I play more I should have more Protolf moments, correct?

We should play a campaign or two today.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Um...would anyone be up for a game with me? Expert Realism, Scavenge, Versus, I don't really mind what :p most of my friends are offline, so..

Red Scarlet

Dogenzaka said:
Yes, that's me. I can change my display name if that makes it easier for people to recognize me :p

BTW I'm having trouble getting the modded l4d1 campaigns to work. The only one that booted was Blood Harvest, and it crashed partially through the first level. The other campaigns say "it was not found" or something.

Nah, it was funny in-game when it said that in the corner.."CAPTAIN SUPER COOL has added you".

WuselDusel said:
There is a nice article/interview about Left 4 Dead 2´s character- and leveldesign over at cgsociety: http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=5448&page=1

page02_01.jpg

This is the greatest thing.

Boonoo

Coach and Rochelle looks exactly like them, Nick and Ellis not so much. Although, now that I look a little closer I can kinda see Ellis. I think it's the hair that's throwing me off.

Sanjay

Volcynika said:
Yeah, if it's expert, go for the maximum survival rate instead of just yourself (unless they all completed it previously). I like to fool them that I'll win the finale then kill myself and we have a good laugh after I make their hearts stop :lol

What I do is pick them up from a incap let them get in the chopper then shot them just before it leaves :(

Dogenzaka

Banned
Boonoo said:
Coach and Rochelle looks exactly like them, Nick and Ellis not so much. Although, now that I look a little closer I can kinda see Ellis. I think it's the hair that's throwing me off.

It's the crazy faces that's throwing you off AND the hair. I've seen Ellis have that face plenty of times though. That looks EXACTLY like Ellis.

Even looks like Nick too, they just changed it slightly.

Boonoo

Oh! That's what was throwing me on Ellis! He's got no hat on in this. Now that I look harder at Nick I think I see him better; I guess I've never seen him make that face.

Volcynika

We just pro'd that shit UP.

Me and Xero beat expert Parish + I got the 3 min across the bridge achievement. All in one run!

RD and Protolf for awesome.

xero273

some good moments in that game. Botolf becoming clutch and RD saving you and killing himself with pipe at the same time. Now volc has 3 sacrifices for dark carnival.

Concept17

I haven't played with anyone on GAF yet, but I play vs about every night, sometimes pubs, sometimes team vs.

Do you guys only play on modded servers, or vanilla?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Concept17 said:
I haven't played with anyone on GAF yet, but I play vs about every night, sometimes pubs, sometimes team vs.

Do you guys only play on modded servers, or vanilla?

Vert has a server that we (one group) plays on exclusively. The settings on it are:
-Pills only. Starting medkits and medkits throughout levels are all replaced with pills.
-100% chance of tank on every map. This goes for map 1 of Parish and Dead Center as well. Also, this means there is a tank before the start of a finale.
-No defibs, special ammo, grenade launcher, chainsaw.
-Max chance of their being a witch in each level (not guaranteed though).
-No autospawn in finales.

I think that's about it. If you are curious to see what one of our games, you can check out the demos I post from a few posts above.

You are welcome to join us, shoot me a friend invite on Steam: Stallion Free

Concept17

Stallion Free said:
Vert has a server that we (one group) plays on exclusively. The settings on it are:
-Pills only. Starting medkits and medkits throughout levels are all replaced with pills.
-100% chance of tank on every map. This goes for map 1 of Parish and Dead Center as well. Also, this means there is a tank before the start of a finale.
-No defibs, special ammo, grenade launcher, chainsaw.
-Max chance of their being a witch in each level (not guaranteed though).
-No autospawn in finales.

I think that's about it. If you are curious to see what one of our games, you can check out the demos I post from a few posts above.

You are welcome to join us, shoot me a friend invite on Steam: Stallion Free

Awesome, will do.

Daigoro

that would make sense. they dont seem overpowered, but sure can come in handy.

most of those changes sound fine to me actually. i wouldnt mind playing with them for fun. not really loving the tank on every level thing though. seems like overkill. escpecially for the levels where he wouldnt spawn normally.

Red Scarlet

It does make some levels a bit more exciting (Parish 1)/worth the points (Hard Rain 4) though. I was annoyed by them for awhile when the Cevo mod introduced them in 1, but after watching so many match videos it got strange not seeing a Tank now.

Vert's server has adrenaline, yeah.

dg32

Neo Member
Question about an achievement:

When you try for the 'Level A Charge' achievement, does the charger have to be in his full charge, or can you sidestep that and then bash him with melee while he's recovering?

Daigoro

yeah, maybe just certain levels. Parish 1 would be fine, but DC 1? i dunno. seems like a death trap.

maybe not. id have to experience it i guess.

Red Scarlet

dg32 said:
Question about an achievement:

When you try for the 'Level A Charge' achievement, does the charger have to be in his full charge, or can you sidestep that and then bash him with melee while he's recovering?

You can side step the charger and whack him as he runs past you for the achievement. I can't say for sure, but I don't think it counts during the 'recovery'. I've done it a couple times I think, but not positive after the time it gave the achieve.

I kind of wish the game would still 'notify' when you do some achievements.

Red Scarlet

Ramirez said:
For confederacy of crunches, does the entire team have to use melee weapons, or just you?

Just you for you to get it.

But BE CAREFUL and if you are about to be incapped by a horde, just 'push melee' so you don't accidentally end up shooting your pistol when you are on the ground..that's what usually kills it (did for me about 5x).

Top Bottom