• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Wii said:
Owen Wilson and Luke Wilson have another brother?!

Nah, but Elijah Wood does!

elijah.jpg

dg32

Neo Member
another question:

For 'Wing and a Prayer', is there a certain location on the plane where you have to be? I watched a video on youtube where the guy crouched in this gap in the front where there was a seat missing and he got it; I did the same thing about three times and didn't get it. FYI the video was the 360 version, I'm on PC.

The strangest thing happened in a versus game I was playing tonight.

We were playing as the survivors on Dead Center 3 and we were right next to the safe room. We were feeling pretty lackadaisical since we had such a huge lead so stupidly we all went up the final escalator at the same time. Turns out a charger spawned at the top (obviously) and charged the 3 of us (1 died). I didn't get charged but I did get knocked into the air. So high in fact that I died upon landing.

Red Scarlet

dg32 said:
another question:

For 'Wing and a Prayer', is there a certain location on the plane where you have to be? I watched a video on youtube where the guy crouched in this gap in the front where there was a seat missing and he got it; I did the same thing about three times and didn't get it. FYI the video was the 360 version, I'm on PC.

Where I got it, then I think two other players in subsequent plays got it, was all 4 of us got in the corner right past the door on the left side of the plane. Whoever was in the back on the right side was the only person that would get it each time. Here's where we were:
c3m2_swamp0001.jpg

It also appears you won't get it if you have used pills or adrenaline and their effects occur during the event, since your health ticks down. So don't use either. Supposedly what some people do is the ones that want the achievement can just stay in the safe room during the event and get it, but I haven't done or seen that.

toasty_T said:
The strangest thing happened in a versus game I was playing tonight.

We were playing as the survivors on Dead Center 3 and we were right next to the safe room. We were feeling pretty lackadaisical since we had such a huge lead so stupidly we all went up the final escalator at the same time. Turns out a charger spawned at the top (obviously) and charged the 3 of us (1 died). I didn't get charged but I did get knocked into the air. So high in fact that I died upon landing.

Yeah there's a few 'launch' kill spots from the Charger, the roller coaster and dead center 3's many spots come to mind.

Sibylus

Banned
Speaking of Chargers, we ran into an absolutely fiendish AI Charger on our Parish Expert run. This was the fourth map, we were inside the Saloon and getting ready to drop down into the interior rooms (the ones with open garage doors and lead directly into an alley).

First he scratch-incapped one of our group, who was alone in a room. One guy moves toward the door, and Demoncharger starts running. He grabs the guy closest to the door, bowls the guy standing next to me into the wall, and then he bowls me straight out of the window. I landed in the street we had previously walked through, and nobody was on their feet to immediately stop the Demoncharger from pounding our friend into the ground.

Volcynika

Botolf said:
Speaking of Chargers, we ran into an absolutely fiendish AI Charger on our Parish Expert run. This was the fourth map, we were inside the Saloon and getting ready to drop down into the interior rooms (the ones with open garage doors and lead directly into an alley).

First he scratch-incapped one of our group, who was alone in a room. One guy moves toward the door, and Demoncharger starts running. He grabs the guy closest to the door, bowls the guy standing next to me into the wall, and then he bowls me straight out of the window. I landed in the street we had previously walked through, and nobody was on their feet to immediately stop the Demoncharger from pounding our friend into the ground.

Yeah, that was crazy.

You were like "Hey guys look where I am"

"Botolf, what are you doing down there"

"Charger's fault!" :lol

Also I remember the finale run, the tank climbed on the truck we need to walk on to get to the last part of the bridge, and Xero was still behind

Then I kinda laughed when I heard this

"I'll distract him, guys!" -- RD
*Tank has killed RD*

:lol

Stallion Free said:
Vert has a server that we (one group) plays on exclusively. The settings on it are:
-Pills only. Starting medkits and medkits throughout levels are all replaced with pills.
-100% chance of tank on every map. This goes for map 1 of Parish and Dead Center as well. Also, this means there is a tank before the start of a finale.
-No defibs, special ammo, grenade launcher, chainsaw.
-Max chance of their being a witch in each level (not guaranteed though).
-No autospawn in finales.

I think that's about it. If you are curious to see what one of our games, you can check out the demos I post from a few posts above.

You are welcome to join us, shoot me a friend invite on Steam: Stallion Free

I think I ended up on that server once. It was pretty cool but it didn't last long since my team ragequit in Dark Carnival stage 1. The other team had some cheat that allowed them to skip 3/4 of the stage right from the starting zone.

xero273

I actually recorded the demon charge. Just didn't get the part where Botolf got knocked out the window.

Volcynika said:
Also I remember the finale run, the tank climbed on the truck we need to walk on to get to the last part of the bridge, and Xero was still behind

Then I kinda laughed when I heard this

"I'll distract him, guys!" -- RD
*Tank has killed RD*

:lol

yea, that part was bad. I stopped there for a bit when the tank wouldn't move and was like fuck, I'm dead. Then RD sacrificed himself. Thanks RD!

xero273 said:
I actually recorded the demon charge. Just didn't get the part where Botolf got knocked out the window.

yea, that part was bad. I stopped there for a bit when the tank wouldn't move and was like fuck, I'm dead. Then RD sacrificed himself. Thanks RD!
It was worth it to beat that finale on the first try. Especially after I killed myself with that pipe bomb earlier.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Vert has a server that we (one group) plays on exclusively. The settings on it are:
-Pills only. Starting medkits and medkits throughout levels are all replaced with pills.
-100% chance of tank on every map. This goes for map 1 of Parish and Dead Center as well. Also, this means there is a tank before the start of a finale.
-No defibs, special ammo, grenade launcher, chainsaw.
-Max chance of their being a witch in each level (not guaranteed though).
-No autospawn in finales.

I think that's about it. If you are curious to see what one of our games, you can check out the demos I post from a few posts above.

You are welcome to join us, shoot me a friend invite on Steam: Stallion Free

Also:

-Reduced throwables
-Witch buff so she isn't a useless piece of crap :lol
-Very slight Jockey, smoker and tank buff
-100 points per survivor for survival bonus; 100 points during tiebreaker
-Zombies far behind respawn in front
-Water slows down survivors a bit more
-Infected capable of spawning in fog
-Infected chooser currently enabled. I might have to disable this later on...

Volcynika

RocketDarkness said:
It was worth it to beat that finale on the first try. Especially after I killed myself with that pipe bomb earlier.

Yeah :lol

I just knew when you were picking me up that pipe bomb was too close not to hurt you D:

Ok...I got kicked by my team for missing a charge. My score wasn't bad either.

Anyways, who can I add from this thread on my friends list :p I don't have a mic, but I'll be getting one soon! I can be the back up guy if one of your friends can't make it

RustyNails said:
Ok...I got kicked by my team for missing a charge. My score wasn't bad either.

Anyways, who can I add from this thread on my friends list :p I don't have a mic, but I'll be getting one soon! I can be the back up guy if one of your friends can't make it

You can add me mate, Efeman.

More than up for games.

Coolio. Thanks for the list, but I figured I should get a response from members before adding them :D I got PC version, and I'll add Efeman.

1-D_FTW

Good old aluminium.

I remember watching a British science show on the Discovery channel a couple years ago and hearing that. I laughed out loud. And ever since then, whenever I read or think about aluminum, I always say aluminium in my head and smile. Such a cheerful word.

vertopci

Red Scarlet said:
What exactly is the Tank buff, vert? Heard it mentioned a few times.

Punch cooldown is 1.0 from default of 1.5 ,move speed increase by 10, and tank swing miss interval reduced to .75 from 1.0

Dogenzaka

Banned
BTW, I can't for the life of me get those original l4d1 maps to work on l4d2. I thought I could but they just either load and then crash, or say the map isn't available.

Are you using console commands or something? I'm just trying to select them in-lobby and start, and it doesn't work well :(

Yeah if anyone wants to join Botolf and mine's game you're more than welcome to :D

Red Scarlet

vertopci said:
Punch cooldown is 1.0 from default of 1.5 ,move speed increase by 10, and tank swing miss interval reduced to .75 from 1.0

Increase by 10 what?

Do you still need someone Botolf/CSC? I'm fixing to eat but could play afterward.

Dogenzaka

Banned
I gave up. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my game, but it crashes randomly after stuttering for a second or two. Then I have to rejoin. :l what a mess.

Might just reinstall the game.

xero273

Dogenzaka said:
I gave up. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my game, but it crashes randomly after stuttering for a second or two. Then I have to rejoin. :l what a mess.

I guess this means it happens on normal maps. Yea, just do reinstall and see what happens. Hope you fix your problem soon.

Daigoro

vertopci said:
Take the roofs then :/

theres plenty of water you cant bypass by using roofs, most of Swamp Fever for instance.

just seems like an unnecessarily annoying thing to add. but i find the water in L4D2 annoying to begin with.

Mar

My friends and I are finally making progress in the campaigns on expert. All of us have managed to survive 4 of the 5, with only Hard Rain left to do.

Any tips for the section through the warehouse or whatever it is, with all the witches? As I understand it you go through one way then go back later (with much more rain). We haven't even made it to the second part yet...

Volcynika

Woo, even though Botolf's computer tried to sabotage the win on the finale, I was able to survive Dark Carnival on expert.

That's 4/5, with the only one remaining is Hard Rain (just like Mar_)!

Oy. That'll have to wait till this weekend though. Until then, I'll work on some of my new Wii games.

vazel

Banned
Dogenzaka said:

Looks like you've got the worst of the stuttering bug. Usually doesn't crash. Try disabling multicore it's the first thing to do with the stuttering bug. You don't have to reinstall the game there is a verify game files option in steam.

Daigoro

Mar_ said:
My friends and I are finally making progress in the campaigns on expert. All of us have managed to survive 4 of the 5, with only Hard Rain left to do.

Any tips for the section through the warehouse or whatever it is, with all the witches? As I understand it you go through one way then go back later (with much more rain). We haven't even made it to the second part yet...

its not too hard, you'll get past it pretty easy with some practice. you can cap or avoid the witches for the most part.

on the way back use the high ground and avoid the water.

Sibylus

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Remember when we would joke around to vote that Botolf can't use fire? We need to revive that..
Objection!

1. I threw the molotov when all of us were far away from it.

2. You didn't wait for it to burn out, instead you chose to run through it like some kind of crazed gerbil or something.

3. As for blocking the escape route, the first time I saw the tank was when he was about five feet away from me. I can't anticipate every escape route when I don't know where the Tank is, but I was mostly worried about the horde holding us up enough that the Tank would catch us.

4. You conveniently forget all of my brilliant firetraps. Hell, I killed a few large hordes in this very game.

5. I never top the friendly fire list (that spot is often filled by you, m'lady!).

The wizard council frowns upon your hollow accusations!

Red Scarlet

I couldn't wait for it to burn out, the escape horde was chasing me.

IF each tick of damage from fire counted as 1 FF like it should..you'd win!

You wanted that smoker on map 4 and I forget what else.

I went to LAN with 3 of my mates today and played through 3 of the campaigns, was awesome fun. Though it was made difficult by one dudes propensity to run off on his own and get us all killed. This was the first time I have played it with gore (stupid Australia) and it makes ALL the difference! Now I understand why people like this game..

Sibylus

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
I couldn't wait for it to burn out, the escape horde was chasing me.
Sure you could have, you wouldn't have incapped yourself in two seconds! :p

IF each tick of damage from fire counted as 1 FF like it should..you'd win!

You wanted that smoker on map 4 and I forget what else.
Even under those circumstances I wouldn't be able to contest the Mistress of Fratricide!

I wanted something on map 1 as well, but I'm trying to remember what. I'll look at it sometime this week.

Red Scarlet

I had to give Vol my adrenaline to help him make it.

Maybe you wanted that crazy jockey on map 1, the one that superjumped onto my head at the end of the motel.

Top Bottom