• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Boonoo

It happens on DA 2, as well. When the smoker is up in the window, you can grab someone off the ladder all the way across the fence.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah after like 3 straight hours of L4D I was kind of getting worn out on it tonight. Sometimes I wish campaigns weren't quite so long. Apparently the Crash Course experiement failed. GGs though, both games were a lot of fun.

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
Yeah after like 3 straight hours of L4D I was kind of getting worn out on it tonight. Sometimes I wish campaigns weren't quite so long. Apparently the Crash Course experiement failed. GGs though, both games were a lot of fun.

i blame it on me not being there

Dogenzaka

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Waiting on that dokugen guy, or if anyone else has it and wants to play.

I'm downloading as we speak. Sorry. I squeezed in a couple of infuriating Scavenge pub matches before I decided to download xD

Red Scarlet

Download Death Toll and we can play that tomorrow, Doge.

Didn't make those little clips from No Mercy..was invited to a horrific L4D1 vs.

Remfin

Red Scarlet said:
Didn't make those little clips from No Mercy..was invited to a horrific L4D1 vs.
And then decided to drag me along!

<insert This Is The Game You Invite Me To?!?! spray here> :lol

Sanjay

Boonoo said:
Ha, I flew all the way across the map! Then a hunter pounced me all the way down D:

lol I was trying to steal you off the smoker.

Stallion Free said:
Sometimes I wish campaigns weren't quite so long.

For the life of me I kept thinking it was the last map, every map for the last 3 maps of Carnival.

vertopci

Botolf said:
You already know why, silly vert! I'd rather have a bot than be outnumbered.

The infected bots are extremely retarded though. I'd rather be outnumbered than have the stupid as shit AI steal a useful SI like the boomer or charger. Plus I've never seen you play a pub game which is where all the raging usually happens :/

Luigi87

Has it been stated whether or not it will be optional to have AI SI? I myself thought it was good at first, until realizing that if the AI were to take control over the most useful SI... Then damn.

vertopci

Luigi87 said:
Has it been stated whether or not it will be optional to have AI SI? I myself thought it was good at first, until realizing that if the AI were to take control over the most useful SI... Then damn.

Exactly. AI will take something like a boomer or charger and just idle in some stupid ass spot for 5 minutes, then die without dealing any damage. They should worry more about fixing the AI logic imo

1-D_FTW

vertopci said:
Bots aren't an improvement! Maybe if the AI was fixed they might be.

Ah, yes they are. Once again, you forget Valve is looking after the entire user base and not the elite of the elite. For anyone who ever plays on a public server (like the vast majority of the game's user base), this is a very good addition. Shitty AI or not.

vertopci

1-D_FTW said:
Ah, yes they are. Once again, you forget Valve is looking after the entire user base and not the elite of the elite. For anyone who ever plays on a public server (like the vast majority of the game's user base), this is a very good addition. Shitty AI or not.

Most people are far better boomers and chargers than the AI. It fucks over pretty much the entire user base :/

Juat reinstalled xfire for the first time in a long time. Browsing through my old screencaps, found this.
6d8d6c21f94fe587f5ef7ffd2d38de7b5848ab4e.png

Ahhh, good times. Remember when we used to gauntlet pubs? Those were the good old days.

vertopci

SundaySounds said:
Juat reinstalled xfire for the first time in a long time. Browsing through my old screencaps, found this.

Ahhh, good times. Remember when we used to gauntlet pubs? Those were the good old days.

lol @ panda's name :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Vert: Lots to say, no imagination :lol

The fact that it's taken this long to implement might imply some changes (Basic infected AI is already in the game). I'll bet there has been some Versus-specific tweaks: Perhaps bots never get Boomer, or they're allowed to break the Special limits (so you could get 2 boomers, or 2 chargers, or 2 spitters, etc). Maybe the bots are encouraged to hide and wait for human infected. I don't know, but the time gap kinda implies Valve has been working on it for a while.

As an aside, Valve has also been working on Team Fortress 2 bots, so it's not like they're at a loss for ways to improve their systems.

vertopci

If they improve the AI then I don't really mind since there is some progress. And theres a chance the AI survivor will be changed to not eat pills at 50 HP after someone DCs :(

Dogenzaka

Banned
Hey Red Scarlet what is your Steam ID?
I'd be up for a Death Toll/No Mercy/Blood Harvest/Dead Air L4D2 match if anyone's up for it....I just need your Steam IDs xD

mine's wutnowsucka29.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19420655&postcount=6108

I think we're going to give expert a whirl again..it didn't count for Vol or Sanjay for some reason yesterday.

Well if you have room and you need a partner, I'd love to help.

I haven't played Expert in a few weeks, but I loved playing Expert Realism. Unfortunately everytime I completed it, I had joined mid-game in a friends game so I never got the achievement xD Dark Carnival Expert Realism is a beast.

Btw, added you Scarlet :)

Also the link to Dead Air on there doesn't work. But I installed the other 3 now.

Red Scarlet

Ah so you are CAPTAIN SUPER COOL or whoever that was. Maybe we can get you on board the escape vehicle with him tomorrow, Vol. I wanted to ensure you guys got on before I did, then I saw you all were on, so I ran on, and then you got incapped when I thought I was still far enough away, but it said I was on. :(

Remfin

That No Mercy run was a trip. As you can see, the good old instincts kicked in--I saw morons{!) congregating around the gas pump and booked it away! I couldn't even see you were meleeing it already :lol

I wanna try the other maps with you guys sometime; I hope they are as fun, and I'll totally try not to shoot you guys as much :(

xero273

Volcynika said:
MOTHERFUCKING TANKS.

Tanks breaking into safe rooms :lol

Red Scarlet said:
Did it give you credit Sanjay? And Xero?

yep got it. Had to restart steam like sanjay.

Remfin said:
That No Mercy run was a trip. As you can see, the good old instincts kicked in--I saw morons{!) congregating around the gas pump and booked it away! I couldn't even see you were meleeing it already :lol

I wanna try the other maps with you guys sometime; I hope they are as fun, and I'll totally try not to shoot you guys as much :(

lol I was testing to see if melee weapons would make it blow up. It didn't but then botolf proved me wrong!!

Dogenzaka said:
Also the link to Dead Air on there doesn't work. But I installed the other 3 now.

I was able to get it last night. Try again. If not, let me know and I'll upload it to mediafire.

Idk if it was just the server I was playing in, but last night I was trying out Death Toll Modified in l4d2 and there were new guns. I think they were guns from Counter Strike, but has anyone else gotten this?

Top Bottom