• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Xdrive05

Just came in here to make an important announcement:

What a rotten fucking cunt you are if you team kill in the safe room. You are the sum total of the fecal excrement of all evolution's failures. That is all.

Dogenzaka

Banned
vazel said:
Looks like you've got the worst of the stuttering bug. Usually doesn't crash. Try disabling multicore it's the first thing to do with the stuttering bug. You don't have to reinstall the game there is a verify game files option in steam.

Multicore was already disabled.
This only started happening yesterday, and it ONLY happens in campaign, too! I sometimes now get occasional stutters in Versus or Scavenge, but the game quickly revives itself and it doesn't crash back to my desktop like in Campaign mode.

Not sure what on earth is going on.

Already verified files and it's still happening.

x_x

Red Scarlet

TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN
maria08.png

who's up for some campaign play on pc? i haven't touched any of the coop campaigns except dead center (been waiting on friends to get around to this game, but yeah fuck em). i have played tons of scavenge though.

expert or realism advanced would be good. need 2 people at the moment.

Red Scarlet

Add me and I'll play. I don't know what happened, after an update? a couple days ago I've been having really bad "in", whatever that is from the net graph. Makes my aim totally off.

Red Scarlet said:
TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN
maria08.png

I'm sorry! No one decided to tell me I took your spot until after the game when vert said "lolol, oh man Bulleta is so mad at you" to which I responded "what did I do now?"

Red Scarlet

:lol yeah, was just a thing of 'we need 2 people, oh crap 4 are coming'. All my crap went to defaults so I had to leave and re-bind my stuff and set my controls all wacky again.

Had fun, warbegins, although those witches were pretty embarrassing.

Red Scarlet

Maybe we can play another one tomorrow. I don't know what the issue is with my game, it seemed fixed until about map 4 or so, then it got stuttery/shaky again.

chriskun

So I just got this game about 2 days ago, and holy shit I can't believe how much they improved it upon the first one. Love the new infected, everything about them is so perfect from their design, animation and sound. God damn the jockey is so annoying! I'm also impressed with the graphical upgrade, looks way better than the first to me. One thing that strikes me as strange is that their doesn't seem to be anyone playing this shit already. I have the console version but I still thought their would be more than 5 games available when I did a custom search tonight. Maybe everyones playing versus, I dunno :(

I must say, I love the changes and they make Hard Rain actually a good campaign now. Survivors actually take to the roofs and I didn't have to worry about being melee mobbed as the tank. We even took down the whole team when I was the tank and that never happens!

Red Scarlet

I think Bus thought we were playing vs..he couldn't hear the 'horde coming' music and let the zombs group hug him out in the open. That's very painful on expert! :lol

Dogenzaka

Banned
Am I the only one that gets REALLY annoyed by the charger's hit detection? I can't say how many times I've slid through a group of survivors not hitting ONE of them.

I mean look at this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mulQwHs7adQ

It's no wonder how many times I miss a charge, regardless of ping, as I slam through a group. The jockey suffers from this sometimes too.

Look at those wireframes:
c2m5_concert0000.jpg

It makes Scavenge more infuriating than it should be xD

Dogenzaka said:
so the wireframe is the actual collision box? that explains a lot. i wonder how many innocent victims have been kicked from a game for "noobin it up with the charger" because of this. :lol

Red Scarlet

I can't really read that hitbox..I just try to hit them with the right side of my head/the big arm part. IIRC I read that the little arm is part of the 'head' for the headshot/1 hit kill with a melee.

vertopci

Dogenzaka said:
Am I the only one that gets REALLY annoyed by the charger's hit detection? I can't say how many times I've slid through a group of survivors not hitting ONE of them.

I mean look at this guy:

It's no wonder how many times I miss a charge, regardless of ping, as I slam through a group. The jockey suffers from this sometimes too.

It's not really as bad as it looks due to lag compensation. You have to also take into account the survivors hitboxes act the same way while they are moving too, which is why you might be missing.

What they really need to fix is the point blank charge getting stopped by an invisible wall bullshit.

Red Scarlet

Hooray, Vol, d, and xero all made it on the boat! We got to the end of HR2 each try but one, and got it on about the 5th. I almost made a really cool grand escape at the end after they all got on, but a zomb blocked my way and a rock bonked me on the head. Was a good Tank bait/juke though, except the HR2 one was really nerve wracking. Thought Vol would be invincible for a bit from the pickup, but alas..

Congrats xero and vol though!

Volcynika

:D

Thanks Scarlet and our other teammates to get through the campaigns (RD, Botolf, d., etc)

Yeah, Scarlet picked me up only to get hit by a rock by a tank that was chasing here :lol

Also, I was able to do the impossible and hobble into the safe room for our HR2 finish. GOD THAT TOOK FOREVER.

Red Scarlet

Yeah you're supposed to just land on multiple zombie heads on your way down, but I slipped to the right for some reason. If I was able to do it correctly AND add graphics+sound effects, I would add point values and sound and end with a 1up at the bottom.

Concept17

Dogenzaka said:

I mean look at this guy:

I definitely agree the hit detection is fubar with both the Charger and Jockey. One thing I've continuously noticed is that there seems to be a dead zone for the charger. 9/10 times if I'm within 2 feet of the person I'm about to charge, I either bounce off of them stunned, or miss them entirely.

xero273

yep, that was fun. Thanks everyone that helped with the expert campaigns. Don't know which took longer. Looking for a non shitty server or playing HR2. :lol
Now to take on Expert realism this weekend.

Scarlet, here's the dem for hr2. The cam was following you during that tank chase.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n0mvfxzhjjj

Red Scarlet

Thanks, that was my most epic tank fight in the game so far. I forget if it was the one with that witch in our path on the way back too. Nick liked witches.

edit: Can you zip/rar it then upload? As a .dem, when it downloads, it automatically runs my game and won't play it, and doesn't seem to save onto my computer.

xero273

Red Scarlet said:
Thanks, that was my most epic tank fight in the game so far. I forget if it was the one with that witch in our path on the way back too. Nick liked witches.

yea, the witch is near the ramp where we drop into the factory. If you want to skip everything go to 100,000 tick. That is close to where the tank is. also, get to see volc as tank bait. :lol

Top Bottom