• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Sibylus

Banned
In fact, if there was a coop team for this shit I'd like to play it like coop. Fuck the final score, we can take our time and enjoy ourselves.

Botolf said:
In fact, if there was a coop team for this shit I'd like to play it like coop. Fuck the final score, we can take our time and enjoy ourselves.
We practically already ARE a coop team, Botolf. You, me, Red, and uh...whoever cycles in as our fourth. XD

In versus-related news, go Team We-Play-Campaign-95-Percent-Of-The-Time!

RocketDarkness said:
We practically already ARE a coop team, Botolf. You, me, Red, and uh...whoever cycles in as our fourth. XD

In versus-related news, go Team We-Play-Campaign-95-Percent-Of-The-Time!
You seriously should join if you wouldnt mind playing versus. You three and a good fourth would be a pretty good team.

Nabs said:
i nominate Zero as team captain. Step down Vert.
Oh shit!

I just joined the steam tourney group, but I don't have a team. All most all my experience is in scavenge mode, but I'd be willing to do versus as well. If any teams need another or if anyone else is teamless let me know!

Nabs

BuddhaRockstar said:
I just joined the steam tourney group, but I don't have a team. All most all my experience is in scavenge mode, but I'd be willing to do versus as well. If any teams need another or if anyone else is teamless let me know!

nice. keep em coming.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Panda Bear said:
Fuck democracy. Our team will do what they're told. We're deciding this on skill alone. One on one versus match. Doesn't seem practical in a team-based game you say? I say you just scared.

I'm not scared. What sort of 1v1 do you propose? A race? If we are playing regular VS 1v1 then bots must be taken out.

Stallion Free said:
I'm not scared. What sort of 1v1 do you propose? A race? If we are playing regular VS 1v1 then bots must be taken out.
Ohhh a gauntlet map? I like that idea. You know how much I love gauntlet runs Stall.

Sibylus

Banned
Whaddya say, Scarlet? A coop players' team with a creed to uphold the lofty coop ideals and abstain from bullshit.

Creed

I. Rushing through the level is wicked and those who do it shall be left to the infected.
II. Leaving comrades behind is wicked and those who do so shall be left to the infected.
III. Sitting at the starting gate of a crescendo as it begins is wicked and those who do not run shall be left to the infected.
IV. Observe exploration and the seeking of items, and make it holy.
V. Observe relaxed voice and text communication, and make it holy.
VI. Bless the AI Director for its blessings and curse it for its curses. Do not curse your fellow players.

vertopci

Botolf said:
Whaddya say, Scarlet? A coop players' team with a creed to uphold the lofty coop ideals and abstain from bullshit.

Creed

I. Rushing through the level is wicked and those who do it shall be left to the infected.
II. Leaving comrades behind is wicked and those who do so shall be left to the infected.
III. Sitting at the starting gate of a crescendo as it begins is wicked and those who do not run shall be left to the infected.
VI. Bless the AI Director for its blessings and curse it for its curses. Do not curse your fellow players.

You're really bored aren't you?

Botolf said:

Creed

Number 2 seems like it it would trigger an infinite-loop clause.

What's the history behind all this animosity towards each other? While we were all team players and friends back in the beginning of L4D1 days, it seems as though everyone in this thread has gained a nemesis/nemeses of some kind. What did I miss?

Botolf said:
VI. Bless the AI Director
I'm still waiting for a Dungeon Keeper/Battlefield2 Commander style mod, where someone gets to play as the director. Spend your 'zombie points' wisely!

Sibylus

Banned
vertopci said:
You're really bored aren't you?
I write to excess in all moods!

RocketDarkness said:
Number 2 seems like it it would trigger an infinite-loop clause.
Basically it's whoever egregiously runs off and abandons the others for the sake of saving time or score automatically forfeits off all protection by the other three for that map. Screw time and score, live and die as one unit.

RocketDarkness said:
Oh no, what happened? D=
Power supply on main PC is dying. Looking for a replacement, not stressing the PSU any further with games until then.

vertopci

marvelharvey said:
What's the history behind all this animosity towards each other? While we were all team players and friends back in the beginning of L4D1 days, it seems as though everyone in this thread has gained a nemesis/nemeses of some kind. What did I miss?

You missed nothing at all. Just panda and stallion being panda and stallion :lol

Also I'm gonna blackmail panda soon. Just you guys wait.

Botolf said:
Power supply on main PC is dying. Looking for a replacement, not stressing the PSU any further with games until then.

Suck it up! My hard drive is literally dying and I'm still playing!

Sibylus

Banned
marvelharvey said:
I'm still waiting for a Dungeon Keeper/Battlefield2 Commander style mod, where someone gets to play as the director. Spend your 'zombie points' wisely!
I'm hoping for something that combines Zombie Master with L4D. The AI Director still does all he does, but in addition there's a human ZM who gets points to spend on SI, commons, uncommons, disasters, etc. It'd be really sweet and you could see fucked up stuff like the ZM spawning another tank whenever the AID decides to, or the ZM spawning 2-3 hunters at a time and arranging an ambush.

Botolf said:
I write to excess in all moods!

Basically it's whoever egregiously runs off and abandons the others for the sake of saving time or score automatically forfeits off all protection by the other three for that map. Screw time and score, live and die as one unit.

Yeah, I get the intent. I just wanted to point that out.

And I commend you for your reverence towards the English language.

Sibylus

Banned
vertopci said:
Suck it up! My hard drive is literally dying and I'm still playing!
Nope, if I fry my video card or HDD, then I have no choice but to put all my Source SDK work on hold. I don't have the money to replace a handful of components if they all go down.

Patience!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I can VS if anyones looking for spares, reasonably competent player

No shouting though, i will not abide shouting

Shoogoo

Something really weird happened to us (Amir0x & me) last night. We were in a versus on SF and our team was playing as infected. I was a jockey waiting for an opportunity to spawn (doesn't happen much on that campaign but oh well) and the guy playing Nick started shooting at me right in the fucking face though I wasn't even spawned yet, and that couldn't have been just him shooting at possible spawn points etc, I was in the open, behind him.

I thought yeah that's weird but I kept it to myself because I saw no point accusing them of cheating or whatever. Not even 2 minutes later, a guy in our team says that he's getting shot at before he even has spawned.

Is that common? Or were we just making things?

Twig

Banned
vertopci said:
There will be at most 2 or 3 games a week for scavenge and probably only 1 game a week for the versus portion. Basically, you'll get like 1 week to 2 weeks to finish each match.
Yeah that's probably good.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
vertopci said:
Just joined

Dramatic shouting and flailing is of course hilarious and necessary :D

Id love, if possible to see if i can generate a solid 4v4 matchmaking team, i am currently part of one but hours means we cant play as often as id like, and i cannot abide pub matches. Since l4d2's release i have completed 1 pub vs match and played about 50-60

vertopci

Mr Cola said:
Just joined

Dramatic shouting and flailing is of course hilarious and necessary :D

Id love, if possible to see if i can generate a solid 4v4 matchmaking team, i am currently part of one but hours means we cant play as often as id like, and i cannot abide pub matches. Since l4d2's release i have completed 1 pub vs match and played about 50-60

I'm hoping this league generates a bunch of them :D

Wrekt

I'd love to play but I have a pretty odd play schedule that rotates from month to month. Starting tomorrow it is just Friday and Saturday nights.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I need to get back into the game! I've been dog sick the last two weeks and have been going to bed by 9:30 most nights. Shit is ridiculous.

Sanjay

Botolf said:
I wouldn't mind forming a team with some of my coop comrades, but only if there is no drama. You competitive fuckers can keep all the drama.

How cool would it be to see the coop comrades vs the versus lot, go go do it.

Threi

notag
finally got around to dling the 360 demo, still the same ol addicting L4D.

Just whether to get it on PC or 360...that damn dilemma again.

MNC

Awesome video. Should get a blog feature.

What I noticed thanks to that video is that if you have 1 shot left in your pistols, the pistol that's empty gets into that empty state of the top part all the way back (I'm a gun noob! Shush!) That's some good detail.

Threi said:
finally got around to dling the 360 demo, still the same ol addicting L4D.

Just whether to get it on PC or 360...that damn dilemma again.

It's a pretty simple decision, whatever platform the majority of your friends are playing on. This series especially is built on co-op and multiplayer gameplay. If you don't have any friends at all that own this game, that's where it will be a little bit more of a dilemma.

Top Bottom