• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vertopci said:
Bumping because we still need more people. Come on GAF! If shitty non-gaming forums can get a mini-league together, I'm sure a GAMING forum can!

Come on guys, we have two teams already set up, don't any of you play VS or scavenge regularly? Do you want to play regularly with a solid group of well-humored people? We don't bite.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I live in Australia, so unfortunately playing with you guys isn't an option in any competitive mode.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Come on guys, we have two teams already set up, don't any of you play VS or scavenge regularly? Do you want to play regularly with a solid group of well-humored people? We don't bite.

Pretty sure Shadowlink bites. Alot.

dLMN8R

Wow. My team just got utterly DESTROYED by a pro Swamp team or some shit. They were just juggling cans the entire way back and not pouring any until the last minute. Once it was our turn, they just pounced all 4 of us at the same time, ending the game instantly.

vertopci

dLMN8R said:
Wow. My team just got utterly DESTROYED by a pro Swamp team or some shit. They were just juggling cans the entire way back and not pouring any until the last minute. Once it was our turn, they just pounced all 4 of us at the same time, ending the game instantly.

I hope you aren't saying they poured all 16 in at the same time :lol

MutFox

Banned
dLMN8R said:

Where's the spitter!

We should actually just see if there is a league on Steam we can join with our two teams. This GAF thing isn't going to work out. I'd say in order to have a good league you'd have to at least have like 5 teams. That's a minimum of 12 more people we'd need to recruit. Sounds like a lofty goal. Especially since you troll this thread every fucking day and every here hates you Vert.
<3

vertopci

Panda Bear said:
We should actually just see if there is a league on Steam we can join with our two teams. This GAF thing isn't going to work out. I'd say in order to have a good league you'd have to at least have like 5 teams. That's a minimum of 12 more people we'd need to recruit. Sounds like a lofty goal. Especially since you troll this thread every fucking day and every here hates you Vert.
<3

If they hate me, then they should join the league so they get a chance to kick my ass then troll me in this thread! If anything, it gives people more reason to join!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
*raises hand*

I'd be interested in joining this little shin-dig. I never seem to catch the GAF group when they play and would be interested in organized Versus play with no rage quitters and balanced teams... what a day that would be for me...

Stallion Free said:
Would love to join in but away from my desk at the moment.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MutFox said:
Where's the spitter!

I know, if they had a bunch of cans all juggling, if there was no fire, your spitter should kill himself.

love the spitter

Twig

Banned
Panda Bear said:
Especially since you troll this thread every fucking day and every here hates you Vert.
<3
Actually we only hate Vert because he's wrong 99% of the time. It's not the trolling we hate.

At least not me. <3 Vert

I'll play versus but I'm not about to sign up for some fucking league. Fuck that shit.

vertopci

ahoyhoy said:
*raises hand*

I'd be interested in joining this little shin-dig. I never seem to catch the GAF group when they play and would be interested in organized Versus play with no rage quitters and balanced teams... what a day that would be for me...

marvelharvey said:
Would love to join in but away from my desk at the moment.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GAFVL

Join that group. edit: Leave a comment on which section you wish to participate in.

TheOneGuy said:
Actually we only hate Vert because he's never wrong and is so fucking sexy that I can't get him out of my head. It's not the trolling we hate.

At least not me. <3 Vert

Aw thanks.

ahoyhoy said:
*raises hand*

Well the teams actually aren't that balanced. We had a draft of all the players in the league so far. Vert got the first four picks... What a lottery that was eh?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ahoyhoy said:
*raises hand*

Add some of us on Steam, most of our Steam IDs are the same as our Gaf names. Teams are usually balanced and when they aren't well Vert sucks at the game and that balances things out again. But honestly even when teams are stacked, things can go either way. Tonight seemed to be stacked in my teams favor but we got seriously whipped. Oh and we never have people rage quit... well those who do tend to be severely blacklisted.

vertopci

Panda Bear said:
Well the teams actually aren't that balanced. We had a draft of all the players in the league so far. Vert got the first four picks... What a lottery that was eh?

I already told you guys that I'm not deciding teams lol

And you'll be surprised at how balanced the teams will end up being Panda. Trust me. Play with the same guys a few times and you improve drastically since you get to know how they think and play.

Twig

Banned
vertopci said:
Aw thanks.
I don't think that's what I said. You might want to fix that typo you made when you retyped what I said.

We wouldn't want people mistaking our bromance for true love.

EDIT: On second thought I will join the league. Depending on how often you play / how strict you are planning to be with the schedule.

vertopci

TheOneGuy said:
I don't think that's what I said. You might want to fix that typo you made when you retyped what I said.

We wouldn't want people mistaking our bromance for true love.

EDIT: On second thought I will join the league. Depending on how often you play / how strict you are planning to be with the schedule.

There will be at most 2 or 3 games a week for scavenge and probably only 1 game a week for the versus portion. Basically, you'll get like 1 week to 2 weeks to finish each match.

Panda Bear said:
Oh yeah can you change our team. We released morning and cake because theyre never on. To replace them we drafted Crooked Rain and Midnight Train.

Also our official team name is "Legacy of Ballers."

Last time I checked, Stallion was the captain for your team!

syllogism

Stallion Free said:
Honestly, I would take one campaign that plays as well in VS as Blood Harvest over the five current campaigns.
BH had two playable maps on vanilla settings, so that's not setting the par high. Parish is certainly overall a much harder campaign in VS, at least if you get rid of the melee weapons.

vertopci

Just join the group. I've made it public now since I'm too lazy to send out invites to it :lol

Also, leave a comment on which section you are playing in, as well as any other gaffers who you want on your team

syllogism said:
BH had two playable maps on vanilla settings, so that's not setting the par high. Parish is certainly overall a much harder campaign in VS, at least if you get rid of the melee weapons.

Not fair to compare vanilla BH to non-vanilla Parish :p Besides map 1 of parish is completely useless. Takes 30 seconds to a minute to finish :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Panda Bear said:
Oh yeah can you change our team. We released morning and cake because theyre never on. To replace them we drafted Crooked Rain and Midnight Train.

Also our official team name is "Legacy of Ballers."

Hey Panda, I'm captain. Our team name is the Cockholsters :lol

vertopci

Panda Bear said:
Hell no, you're playing. You played with us just fine tonight didn't you?

Panda, I honest to god want to quote what you said in the steam chat. Can I pretty please?!?!

Stallion Free said:
Hey Panda, I'm captain. Our team name is the Cockholsters :lol

That game was one of the more interesting rages I've seen :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Panda Bear said:
Then I quit. Find someone else.

jk jk We are the Legacy of Ballers. You can pick team and everything, but since I'm coordinating, I sure as hell get the title of Team Captain. We already decided that. Plus I am a admin of the steam group sucka.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
jk jk We are the Legacy of Ballers. You can pick team and everything, but since I'm coordinating, I sure as hell get the title of Team Captain. We already decided that. Plus I am a admin of the steam group sucka.

Actually every team captain/leader will become a mod of the steam group :lol

So...are you the leader or is Panda the leader? Battle it out!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Panda Bear said:
I challenge you to a one on one vs match for team captainship Stall.

There is no challenge. If I am coordinating every serious game we play I am captain. If you want to coordinate our team and do a decent job, then I will hand captainship over to you.

Stallion Free said:
There is no challenge. If I am coordinating every serious game we play I am captain. If you want to coordinate our team and do a decent job, then I will hand captainship over to you.
Then the captainship is mine. No debate necessary.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Panda Bear said:
Then the captainship is mine. No debate necessary.

You don't coordinate lol. I'm sorry but Vert asked me first because he made me coord all the fucking time back in L4d1. I didn't tolerate that to have my spot copped my some no name noob who didn't even believe in l4d1.

Stallion Free said:
You don't coordinate lol. I'm sorry but Vert asked me first because he made me coord all the fucking time back in L4d1. I didn't tolerate that to have my spot copped my some no name noob who didn't even believe in l4d1.
Hey buddy I laid out the challenge there for all to see. If you think I'm a noob then prove it. Until then the captainship is mine bitch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Panda Bear said:
Hey buddy I laid out the challenge there for all to see. If you think I'm a noob then prove it. Until then the captainship is mine bitch.

Alright, the challenge will be to play a game with our team and we will go back and forth between maps with coordinating. Whoever they feel is a better leader shall be the captain. Since I was the initial captain I pick BH as our battleground. Frusmod of course as well.

vertopci

Red Scarlet said:
? I'll play but I'm not making a team or anything.

You gotta join a team for the league, that's the whole point of it!

For normal GAF games it doesn't matter though

Stallion Free said:
Alright, the challenge will be to play a game with our team and we will go back and forth between maps with coordinating. Whoever they feel is a better leader shall be the captain. Since I was the initial captain I pick BH as our battleground. Frusmod of course as well.

What if you both fail miserably? :lol

Stallion Free said:
Fuck democracy. Our team will do what they're told. We're deciding this on skill alone. One on one versus match. Doesn't seem practical in a team-based game you say? I say you just scared.

Sibylus

Banned
I wouldn't mind forming a team with some of my coop comrades, but only if there is no drama. You competitive fuckers can keep all the drama.

We'll keep the spirit of coop alive, one way or another.

vertopci

Botolf said:
I wouldn't mind forming a team with some of my coop comrades, but only if there is no drama. You competitive fuckers can keep all the drama.

We can have drama like the one between Panda and Stallion right?!?!

Botolf, post a comment in that group on who your current teammates are as well as which section you want to play in.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Botolf said:

co-op fo life

Top Bottom