• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Vanpira

Oh, so you want me to actively seek out and damn these sorry souls to the, wretched, forgotten life of wandering in the darkness? I knew your ways were evil, vertopci, but now I know how truly horrific they are.

Well if that is the case then, I, KillerSaint, do here by state I am looking for any who still need a team member. May God have mercy on your souls.

Woe is to they who agree to their own damnation. Pity for those tricked in sorrow. May light shine upon thine tender spirit. For if it be up to me to save thee, all is lost.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Panda already pretty much bitched out of the other duel. Although we did get a decent number of people actually responding to the Gaf VS league so that was a success.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Panda already pretty much bitched out of the other duel. Although we did get a decent number of people actually responding to the Gaf VS league so that was a success.

If you want, I can blackmail panda into accepting the duel.

Rez said:
I live in Australia, so unfortunately playing with you guys isn't an option in any competitive mode.
Yeah, I'd play, but the combination of time zones and latency makes playing with GAF in general problematic.

xero273

small update just came out today.

December 12, 2009 - Left 4 Dead 2 Update Released

Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead 2

Fixed players getting a bad spawn position after a level transition

Turfster

xero273 said:
small update just came out today.

December 12, 2009 - Left 4 Dead 2 Update Released

Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead 2

Fixed players getting a bad spawn position after a level transition
Obviously didn't get this one yet, since that's 2 games in a row that has bots and players spawning somewhere off map...

dattass.png

vertopci

We are going to try to get in two L4D1 games tonight if anyone wants to play!

Oh my, I thought this was the L4D1 thread! :p

Zzoram

When trying to favorite RD's server it never appears in my Favorites list, and when trying to search for a game it says that the server is not responding. What should I be doing?

vertopci

Zzoram said:
When trying to favorite RD's server it never appears in my Favorites list, and when trying to search for a game it says that the server is not responding. What should I be doing?

I think the server browser, like several other things in l4d2, is broken. When I try to add my server, it won't show up either. Blame Valve.

Zzoram

dem said:
the l4d community is awful

I've never been bitched at so much

I am not having fun anymore

I've never had a problem. Most of the jerks play Versus and Scavenge so maybe play more Campaign and add those people to your friend's list?

vazel

Banned
dem said:
the l4d community is awful

I've never been bitched at so much

I am not having fun anymore
Don't let the fuckers win. One game I'm accused of being a nub the next of hacking. It's a fickle community. If your team is losing and you make the slightest mistake then maybe you'll become their scapegoat for why they're losing. Or you not doing every single thing other armchair generals want you to do makes you suck all of a sudden.

dem

I always play versus

WHY DIDNT YOU GET OUT OF THE FUCKING OOZE MAN???

I got boomed.. i got knocked down

JESUS FUCK YOU CAN STILL STILL SEE WHEN YOURE BOOMED THATS NO EXCUSE

YOU SUCK... WHAT A FUCKING NOOB

I'm gettin screamed at by like a 14 yr old.
Counterstrike is more friendly than this

dem said:
I always play versus

dem
Lord of the Flies
(Today, 11:30 PM)
Reply | Quote

Zzoram

dem said:
I always play versus

Sound is your friend. You can't see spitter goo well when you're boomed but you can hear the fizz, so bunny hop in a single direction for a few seconds to clear it.

L4D2 is a game where your accuracy with the mouse has little to do with your success. It's all about learning good habbits so that they become reflex and you automatically respond correctly to every threatening situation. These reponses need to be learned by practice and being told what to do by others.

Nice players will tell you what to do in a nice way, jerks will yell at you and call you names, but sometimes in the midst of that give you an idea of what you should've done.

I can practically hear the crickets chirping whenever I look at the list of available Survival games. There's zombie tumbleweeds rolling through my screen.

As for other modes: all these bad expert experiences made me afraid to even look at the Realism game mode. I've managed to clear all the expert campaigns in l4d1 just fine but l4d2 turned me into a complete ninny.

marvelharvey said:
Oh, I thought RD had got caught just before the gate, but he was smokered all the way back to the house! Evil evil game. Next time RD!
I don't think I got smokered. A tank sniped at me with a rock from the roof. I guess it's revenge for the impudence I showed when I took a rock to the face without taking damage earlier in the match.

LINE PIEEEEEEEEEEEECE!

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Well it's the greatest map after Facing Worlds in Unreal Tournament.

I don't know man...Facing Worlds is pretty fucking awesome but I'm going to have to give the win to BH in this one. I just love BH1 too much.

edit: What's the release date for the L4D2 SDK? Or is there none announced yet?

NotWii

Banned
dem said:
I always play versus

Hahahahaha, yeah I've heard that (not to me though)

I just votekick them, keep telling them to turn their mic up or deliberate friendly fire
Drives them nuts XD

Top Bottom