• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

I'm THIS close to saying fuck it and buy both the digital tonight and keep the Limited Edition sealed.

Fuck.

I have 13$ on my Wii U eShop account doing nothing.

I've spent the last two days with this thought rolling around in my mind.

Then I realized I haven't finished Twilight Princess yet so I dug that out again instead. Thank goodness for Wii U's Wii mode.

hlhbk

I wish we had confirmation from Nintendo that the game will be up on Eshop at midnight eastern. I would love to be able to download it while I sleep so its ready to go when I get home tomorrow night.

Phanservice

Neo Member
I was planning to get the limited bundle but gonna get the digital release instead tonight.

Pros of doing this:
Get the game two weeks early
No tax
and get 10% back from the deluxe promotion.

Cons:
digital<physical copy
no figurine (but the money i save makes up for it i think, Plus the bundle is $55).

I wish we had confirmation from Nintendo that the game will be up on Eshop at midnight eastern. I would love to be able to download it while I sleep so its ready to go when I get home tomorrow night.

If it helps, the eShop home page has a big banner for Wind Waker that says something along the lines of "Releases at Midnight" and I live on the East Coast. I have my points ready so whenever it goes up tonight I will be downloading it.

So I have been on a Zelda kick the past 3 months almost exclusively playing all of the 3d Zelda's (majoras, skyward, twilight for first time) and wind waker (gamecube obvi) came in the mail today. I have never played it but following this thread I'm not sure what to think. I'm big on dungeons but I've heard this has the worst, is that consensus? Majoras have been my least favorite set so far...

hlhbk

If it helps, the eShop home page has a big banner for Wind Waker that says something along the lines of "Releases at Midnight" and I live on the East Coast. I have my points ready so whenever it goes up tonight I will be downloading it.

I have $50 in my wallet. Is that enough or will there need to be more for tax?

zroid

Banned
I have $50 in my wallet. Is that enough or will there need to be more for tax?

depends which state/province you live in claim to live in

many US states are not taxed at all by the eShop. but in Canada, the minimum tax rate is 5%.

Anth0ny

There's a Wind Waker HD image on the Wii U eshop that says "Available at Midnight". Furthermore, I've downloaded games on the eshop at midnight EST. So I'm certain it'll be available at midnight EST.

$50 pre-loaded on my account. My Wii U is ready.

Hype.

furssher

Neo Member
ah all the great memories of this game.... and fucking tingle making me pay all that damn money for the triforce maps. i kinda wish i had a wii u just for this game.

I decided to get the Zelda Wii U console, use the digital copy of Zelda: WW for now, skip the statue edition, buy a physical copy only when the price drops below $30 or the stock gets low. Unless I can somehow offload the digital code as I prefer retail for Nintendo account less systems.

blamite

Urgh, the only reason I'm able to resist buying this tonight is the fact that I also just bought New Super Luigi U and The Wonderful 101 earlier this week. I'd feel like too much of a lazy asshole if I bought 3 Wii U games within a week during my first week of classes. :lol

At least I can watch Cosmo's stream to fill my need for the game make me ant the game even more.

Man, I'll say this - after playing so many Wii U games recently, that mini map on the screen in Twilight Princess feels HUGE, like it takes up a quarter of the screen. Playing WW with the gamepad is going to be a great upgrade to the experience.

Urgh, the only reason I'm able to resist buying this tonight is the fact that I also just bought New Super Luigi U and The Wonderful 101 earlier this week. I'd feel like too much of a lazy asshole if I bought 3 Wii U games within a week during my first week of classes. :lol

At least I can watch Cosmo's stream to fill my need for the game make me ant the game even more.

Don't be a wuss. Buy it! You know you want to.

Just preordered the Wii U bundle in full. Weird that they were still taking preorders for something that's out in less than a day. I'm kinda bummed out because I already had a Wii U but sold it because I never played it but Wind Waker is just so damn good I had to buy another one. Plus I get a really ugly LE controller =]

Top Bottom